Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#68944 - 04/07/07 10:00 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Bannaner1993 Offline
Adviser

Loc: By the Lake
Aww, I can see why you fell in love with her. Are you getting a new puppy/dog anytime soon?

#68959 - 04/08/07 12:51 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Dannny Offline

What a beautiful sharing, Barbara. Mysti was a heart-grabber from the start, wasn't she? Our lives are blessed by the pets who put their trust in us. What a wonderful companion she must have been to you. All my condolences. May she rest and play in rainbows.

#68963 - 04/08/07 01:02 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Bannaner1993]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Barbara, my thoughts are with you and the heartbreak you are going through has been felt by all of us one time or another.

I've had many pets since my childhood but one will always have a big piece of my heart, Sable. Sable was a sheltie who adopted me. Friends of ours had puppies and we wanted to see them though they were only two weeks old; mommy brought her to me. Sable was so small that I held her in my hand with her head resting on my thumb. She was mine. Sable was born on my parents wedding anniversary and I was able to bring her home on my birthday.

Earlier today, as I was vacuuming under the dining room table, I was missing her so much. She had a habit of almost always eating her dog biscuits/bones under the table and, of course, when you vacuumed the little pieces would be heard when they went into it. Today, I missed that sound.

Sable, had a heart murmur. She left us one cold Friday evening. Being a good companion and friend for 12 years, she just went over and layed by the back door (which she usually did when she wanted out) and went to sleep.

Wouldn't it be cool if your Mysti, my Sable and all of our wonderful furry companions are living on an island with plenty of water to play in and drink, chew toys, the best food and lots of running space to live happily ever after.

#68966 - 04/08/07 01:22 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: QuickStorm]
Terina Offline
Master

Loc: BC Canada
Oh my LadyCF, my deepest heartfelt sympathies, I hope your feeling better, sorry i havent said so earlier, but i have been away for a few days sick. many hugs and best wishes.

#68977 - 04/08/07 02:31 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Terina]
Neddog Offline
Expert

Loc: Canada
I'm really sorry to hear about this, Barbara.

It's good though, that she lived out a full lifetime, and probably had a good one, with a loving mom and all. \:\)

#69126 - 04/09/07 03:04 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Neddog]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Hey BB, I've been busy and just got back from spring break. I just noticed your new avatar and see you must have lost your pet. And thanks for the link to this thread.

I know how hard it is to lose a pet that is part of your family. My most sincere condolences go out to you and your family for your lost. Mysti was a cute little bugger! We have three dogs’, two (Mugsy and Buddy) showed up on our doorstep that were apparently dumped. We gladly took them in and nursed them to good health. They are out door pets, but have a heated garage for shelter. The other is a Multi-pooh (Dash), which I gave to my wife as a Christmas gift in 2004. Just last night I was converting Christmas video’s to avi’s and was reminded how cute he was as a puppy. Our last indoor dog was a cocker spaniel. She died from a tumor in 2002 and was 15 as well. We got her the year my wife and I were married, so she grew up with our three boys (or was it the other way around). Our youngest was only three at the time, but he still talks about her “silly” quirks she had.

Fifteen years is a long time, but like children, they seem to grow up so fast. She was very blessed having you as her caregiver. Not many pets are lucky enough to have a caregiver that can take them to work, much less being able to spend that much time with them. Your sadness is clearly due to your over whelming love you two shared together. So as your heart aches over your loss, always remember it is due to the love the two of you had for each other. For that reason we cannot have love with out heartache. But knowing the love you two shared together she will always be missed, but just try to focus on that love, and the times you had together. In time this love will slowly fill the void she left in your heat.

Love,

VI

#69369 - 04/11/07 03:21 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Aww, she was a precious pup! I am sorry for your loss but I am glad you had so many years to enjoy her company. I also understand how you must feel having lost loved pets as well. My thoughts are with you and I hope your heartache turns to warm nostalgia as soon as possible.

#69439 - 04/12/07 01:26 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: bethlham]
miskinsincap Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Turkey
I'm sorry to hear your loss. When I first saw your avatar, I thought the photo resembled my dog a lot. She is also 15 years old now and we're beginning to get worried to every little thing.
15 years is a long time, but when you have such a great companion, it just doesn't feel enough. Still, I think, Mysti and you were lucky to have known eachother. I hope another little rascal can steal your heart soon, and you can raise her (or him) by telling great stories about Mysti.

#69451 - 04/12/07 03:55 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

Loc: Bristol, UK.
I'm am so sorry about Mysti, she looked a beautiful pup aswell as an adult. We had to have Sasha our GSD put to sleep just before christmas & we still miss her. But we think of all the good things we had when she was here, also we are lucky to have one of her pups Missy who follows in her foot steps in the way she acts. Again i'm sorry to here about your sad loss.

#69453 - 04/12/07 04:29 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: jlb67]
bajacalla Offline
Trainee

Loc: Terra Encantada
I am so sorry for your loss. my life has been spent in the service of animals, and there is no grief quite like that of losing a beloved pet. they are with us too briefly - and the love in their hearts is unconditional. my condolences.

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter