Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#646 - 10/23/04 10:16 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
We are starting to use a separate savegame file in our new releases (including all Pocket PC versions of the original games).

Arthur

#647 - 10/29/04 12:12 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about adding an area for user notes regarding fishes? It would be best to add it in the fish details area itself... I would like to keep better track of what breeds into what and what cross-breeds are weak and may die without exiting the game or using (gasp) a pen and paper.

#648 - 11/08/04 12:25 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are many areas with room for improvement. Especially with the Pocket PC's capabilities. I would like to see true landscape support for the Pocket PC (I own an HP IPAQ HX4705). Landscape mode coupled with additional features, as much as the Pocket PC can handle. Maybe a mode that allows you to breed fish as a hobby and is more relaxed. The capability of picking one type of fish and just breeding them amongst themselves to acquire new genetics and better fish. A friend of mine breeds betas in real life and this would be an awesome feature. I see so much potential for Fish Tycoon... something that could be expanded upon greatly. I agree with all current suggestions as well. I say use Fish Tycoon to its full potential. It's already a classic game, but it could be so much more than that. I mean, who doesn't like fish tanks? Use that potential. Limit the amount of fish and tanks available only to the space available. A 600mhz processor ought to be able to handle hundreds of fish in multiple tanks.

Thanks for listening.

#649 - 11/08/04 10:15 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Freth Offline

I wrote the above post. I'd like to digress a bit. I know the game can't have an infinite scope. I guess I'm overly ambitious. lol I just think Fish Tycoon has a wide appeal as a PDA game and could be expanded upon to make it the most used game on any PDA platform. These may be more ideas for a second iteration of Fish Tycoon rather than the current one. Or maybe another game based on Fish Tycoon called Fish Hobbyist or Fish Breeder. Let me explain:

* Wider variety of fish. A fuller database of fish could be very interesting. (see below for expanding on this idea)

* Maybe more capability of breeding and refining genetics of choice fish in a bid to produce the 'perfect fish'. I know this is outside the scope and goal of the current game which is to breed 7 magic fish, but imagine the possibilities of breeding virtual fish and trading/breeding them on the internet.

* Capability of trading your fish online, or provide breeding services with a fish. You could have an online fish trading community among both Palm and Pocket PC users... have it so the fish are for sale on a web site and once they're purchased they're purchased (using real in-game money) - this could be done using the game while it's on the cradle, or a small interfacing utility for the PC. Fish that are bred with also cost x-amount of $ set by the owner.

Thanks for having an open mind. Fish Tycoon is lots of fun and I'm enjoying it immensely.

#650 - 11/09/04 06:18 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Lead Designer

We love these ideas, and none are too extreme. Granted most of these _are_ indeed outside the scope of an update to Fish Tycoon, but when it is time to work on a sequel , guess where we will look for ideas?

Arthur

#651 - 11/11/04 03:02 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Kelcey Offline

Loc: Illinois
It would be really cool if there was some way to compare stats from the trophy section online. I would also like to be able to beam fish through IR to my less skilled friend... I mean you Jen..lol

#652 - 11/19/04 03:45 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

My suggestions echo a bit from the above but
- tracking breeds
- larger tanks
- more tanks
- male and female fish .... at the moment you get fish A pregnant to fish B, take A out of isolation and put B back in its place then impregnate B with A. Hermaphrodites !?!!
- a "really fast" mode :-)

CHeers....

#653 - 11/20/04 06:32 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I saw these posted elsewhere but I'll add them here.

I'd like to see a tank count. Like right up on the tank buttons could be a number in parenthesis of the number of live fish in that tank.

Also, the tanks seem a bit cramped and yet there are two static bars on the top and bottom of the screen. That seems like wasted space. Make the tanks bigger.

Great game! Thanks for making it.

#654 - 11/28/04 05:42 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Guy Offline

I would like a quick select button in every tank which select another fish from the tank every time you tap it. tHis would display the fish specifications and when you then tap the isolation tank the selected fish would be isolated. Will be much easyer to select a fish when the tank is crowded.

I suggest also a 'continue to sell ' checkbox in the selling tank. This would give the possibility to continue the selling of fish while working in the other tanks.

Finaly a question: why does feeding not cost any money?

Great simulation!

Guy

#655 - 11/28/04 10:32 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Suggestions
Lead Designer

Hm that's an interesting idea because it would also be a step towards getting the game onto smartphones (no touchscreen!).

Arthur

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter