Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68074 - 03/31/07 04:26 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: pawtet]
JC8765 Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN 55449
Just wondering how things went. I'm pretty new now myself and I'm starting to get frustrated. I had to put two of my villages on pause until I can figure out how to irrigate or get rid of the algae.

#68076 - 03/31/07 04:28 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: JC8765]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You can get everything from hints to spoilers in the Guide.

#69142 - 04/09/07 04:17 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Funkiroller]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Well can we not be hateful towards “cheaters”? The simple warning of all the problems that will occur by time traveling is sufficient I think. I do not find it necessary to time travel, but I have edited the hex file on several occasions to help test. I say this only to point out if someone wants to cheat it can be done several different ways to do so. And if a player wants to cheat, then that is their choice I suppose. They are only hurting them selves. I know, I know they do hurt the people who want to be in the #1 spot of the leader board, but there is little that will be done about that. That has been an issue since VV1 and I’m afraid will continue to be one in the future.

#69387 - 04/11/07 06:50 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: DieNarrin]
Foxygrl Offline

Loc: USA California
I can't get it to work anyways so thats ok for me great post

He became chief of the Fallen tribe at age 3. He was the first chief. We thrived and prospered under his long and just rule. He died at age 79 after having watched the completion of his tribe. We will never forget you.

#70813 - 04/25/07 06:04 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Village_Monk]
Flightrisk Offline

I played around with time travel by adjusting the clock on my computer just for the heck of it. It works if you are careful. To help the odds of time travel aiding you in the game make sure your villagers have assigned jobs so they'll advance in that particular skill and change the clock on your computer hour by hour so that you can check on your villagers health, food points, crop growth, birth rate and skill advancement before time traveling again. VERY IMPORTANT! If you are playing more than one game, make sure those games are paused before traveling. My advice in the end though.. is..DON'T DO IT!It's not worth losing a game you spent a lot of time on.

Harriet Brown
Auhor of Princessesa

#70945 - 04/27/07 02:24 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Flightrisk]
fishlover Offline

[/b]Time Warping Works fine! the trick is not to keep going far away from your recent time. The crop timer is always your real current time. The best trick is to go back far away and keep coming to your current time. You will notice whenever you come to the recent time. The crop timer's getting lower and lower and the recent time will be the accurate timer for crops. It will reduce time consuming alot BUT [b]WHY WOULD YOU PLAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPEND TIME ON IT!
IF you want to play a game and you already paid for it, NEVER TIME WARP. Them money you spend will not be worth it at all!

#70946 - 04/27/07 02:40 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: fishlover]
fishlover Offline

i'm playing my 2nd tribe now COZ i finished very quickly of my 1st tribe and didn't feel satisfied. my 2nd tribe will be on X2 speed in day time x1/2 speed at night when sleeping ... Cheers you all!

#76931 - 06/21/07 04:31 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Village_Monk]
Zia Offline
Expert

I just saw that my computer is off by two days (it says Saturday, when in reality, it's Thursday today!!!) I'm playing two games, one I just need collectibles and it's my first tribe, they are very important to me.... another game I just started two days ago and I am kinda getting attached to them (this one is my cheatin' tribe and they kind of have everything easy, but still)... is it possible to fix my calendar days without affecting my games???????????? I like my tribes more than my calendar, so if not, I'm going to leave the days off oh well????????????? If someone could let me know that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!

#76941 - 06/21/07 05:07 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Zia]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There is no way to adjust your computer's clock back to the correct date without having some effects on the game. All of the timers in the real-time engine are affected by changes in the system clock, including hours played on the stats page. However, you can minimize the worst of those effects by taking certain precautions.

First, make sure that you have no nursing moms and that there are actually crops on the farm (it doesn't matter if it's full or not, just that there are some crops remaining), then pause each of the games when they meet those conditions.

Next, you'll want to back up your savegame files using the procedure in this post. That way you can always go back to where you were if your games suffer major problems.

Finally, with the games still paused (and make sure that you don't have any other real-time games going on your computer that may also be affected, such as Fish Tycoon or VV1), set your computer's clock back to the correct date and time. If everything looks good in your games, you can continue to play from there. If not, you probably have no choice but to put the clock back to the wrong date, restore the games, and live with the problem. \:\)

#77831 - 07/01/07 11:47 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Village_Monk]
K.A.M.I. Offline
Expert

Loc: in front of my computer
That's a great point village monk. I'd hate to put so much time and effort into a game just for a _bug_ or error ot be discovered with no known cure.

Edited by random3 (07/01/07 11:48 PM)

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter