Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#61129 - 03/02/07 01:44 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: pawtet]
Chris_B Offline
Trainee

I have my game on constant 1/2 speed. That way it will last longer. \:\)

#62406 - 03/05/07 12:13 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: DieNarrin]
Thiris Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Utah
if you do cheat make sure you played clean first be warned time travel can mess up your computer

Edited by hex (03/05/07 12:14 AM)

#66368 - 03/19/07 02:56 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Thiris]
Funkiroller Offline
Expert

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I agree with hex on playing clean first!!! That after all my friends is where all the fun is at. But........
Atfter loosing 6 tribes (Because of forgetting to pause my game and not going back to it enough), I have found something. I just did this to catch back up to where I was. If you find the stew recipe that restores health, you can figure out a way to get around the no food to time travel problem. I am not recommending this to everyone, just people like me that made a dumb mistake too many times! See if you can figure this out if you are getting mad enough at the game to give it up. It is worth trying before you give up on the game forever!

#66430 - 03/19/07 11:53 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Funkiroller]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
There is absolutely no need to resort to time travel. If you failed a number of times you should think about attacking the game from another angle, not cheat. There are no two ways about it; time travel is cheating.

#66456 - 03/19/07 04:06 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: arnie]
Funkiroller Offline
Expert

I did say that time travel is not for everyone. I also said that I did it to catch up with where I was before, then I stopped.
I agree, playing the game without time travel is the best way, but I have kids and a life outside of my tribe. I forgot to pause the game before stopping and did not check up on it for days and I lost. I just did it to catch up to where I was. I wanted to see if there was a way around time travel, that is it. I figured what did I have to lose, after already losing it all.
It is just something that I found. Nobody has to actually do it. I am not recommending it to everyone.

#66531 - 03/19/07 11:52 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Funkiroller]
Trunks Offline
Expert

Loc: East Coast
It doesn't matter what your excuse is, it's still cheating. This game has a leaderboard set up, and it's not fair to people who play honestly and want to make it in the top rankings. Who's to say they didn't have a few failures when they started too?

#66562 - 03/20/07 03:07 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Trunks]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Hey, while I'd be the first to dissuade anyone from time travelling because of the inherent problems that can be caused to their systems, I think we need not be quite so implacable in condemning someone who does it.

I seem to remember that in VV1 the discovery of putting multiple children to pick up the same mushroom was first raised in a thread that was actually called "cheats...." -- yet we all know that it virtually became a recommendation in later months.

#67060 - 03/23/07 07:23 AM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: bajantara]
barb Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Im fairly new to the game so "what is time travel?"

#67073 - 03/23/07 12:17 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: barb]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Setting your system clock forwards or backwards to try to fool the program. Not recommended - various unexpected side effects can happen, and you can also mess up the working of other programs as well.

#67579 - 03/27/07 03:22 PM Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... [Re: Trunks]
Funkiroller Offline
Expert

As long as you never push refresh, your stats do not get entered. Not everybody plays to get on the leaderboard. Some people really don't care about it.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter