Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#38226 - 10/28/06 08:35 AM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Anji Offline
Master

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Way to go Trin !!!

#38227 - 10/28/06 11:00 AM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Tabbeh Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ze isle of Isola
Quote:

Thanks Tabbeh! Bindi is not really a common name in Australia, it's actually an Aboriginal name...my partner and I are Aboriginal (or Koori as we say) and our youngest daughter is named Bindi (not after Bindi Irwin, although I am a bit of a fan of the Irwins heh!).

Thanks, it's nice to know that...it's quite a nice name too! Wish it were more popular in the U.S.

#38228 - 10/28/06 03:40 PM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
tess Offline
Adviser

Loc: West Coast
A Tale of Two Villagers. It was the best of times, and the worst of times.

Rijoli was born to his mother Linae and his father Kihio during a time of great prosperity for the tribe. There were lots of fish in the larder, the crops grew plentifully and the berry bush never failed to bloom with the sweet red fruit of the island. The villagers had recently discovered that the strange plant near the lagoon also grew a flavorful fruit and it was rumored that eating it would bring long life and prosperity.

Not long after Rijoli turned two, a crate washed up on the shores of the island. When it was opened, a little girl popped out. She had gorgeous red hair and stunning green eyes. The village elders came together to decide what to do. Some felt that they should, of course, take her in, while others were concerned because the child was not of their island. While they sat discussing the situation, Majini came storming into the circle of elders and scooped up the baby. She turned angrily on the men.

“I have waited all my days for a baby such as this one”, she exclaimed. “And yet the Gods have not seen fit to bless me with one, until today. You discuss what you must, but this child will live with me and from this day forth, she will be my daughter. I will train her in healing, as that is what I know from my father and he from his mother. Her name will be Juiete and I will love her with all my heart.” And with that, she took the baby and turned on her heel, leaving the astonished men sitting there staring after her.

As time went on, Juiete began to grow and thrive under Majini’s thoughtful care. Although Majini was quite old, now almost 60, the baby Juiete brought new life and youthfulness to her heart. There was a spring in her step when the little girl ran to hug her around the knees and brought her flowers from the sacred garden. Still there were some that thought that it was not right for an outsider to be brought into the village. Some of the other children were not allowed to play with Juiete and some of the adults turned away from her when she brought them flowers.

Rijoli loved Juiete from the time she arrived. He thought she was the most beautiful girl on the island. Kihio forbade him to speak to her, so he could only look longingly at her during school time. When the drum for the school would beat, he would linger so that he could sit behind her. He made an effort to play near where she played during their free time, and he often caught her smiling in his direction. Oh, how her smile would light up the world!

Soon Rijoli and Juiete were teenagers. Rijoli had learned to fish and to plant crops from Kihio. He knew how to water the plants of the island and how to make the berries grow on the bush. Juiete had studied all the plants of the island. She knew how to use the meat of the cactus to heal the villagers and the special fish from the lagoon to help the women to have babies. One day Kihio was bitten by a jellyfish while fishing in the big water. Juiete ran to heal him and although he grimaced in pain, he turned away from her. Linae and Rijoli did what they could to heal him, but they were not adept at healing and could not do much. It took many days for him to recover yet he refused to see Juiete or Majini for their special cures. “That outsider will not touch me, nor will that one that took her in,” he insisted.

Majini was quite old now and her steps were slowing. Juiete worried daily about her. Majini spent all her energy making sure that Juiete could care for herself and that she knew all the special cures on the island. “I will not be here forever, child,” she said, “you must learn what to do without me and not be sad when I am gone.” She taught Juiete how to pick berries from the bush and find fish in the big water. She showed her how to plant crops and water them. She sat with her late at night and stroked the long red hair and remembered her as the little girl that came to them in the crate.

Soon however, Majini breathed her last. Juiete carried her to the sacred area for the dead and placed her lovingly in the spot that the other villagers had prepared. Although there were many villagers that spoke to her kindly, she truly knew that she was now alone. Day after day she returned to the sacred area for the dead to sit beside Majini’s headstone and talk to her. Day after day she sat weeping at the boulder near the cave.

One day Rijoli came along. “Do not cry so, Juiete”, he said. “It saddens my heart to see you so.” “What do you care?” she asked. “You’ve never even spoken to me before in all the years that we have lived in this small place together”. Rijoli turned away ashamed of himself and started to leave. Then suddenly he turned. “You are right Juiete. I have treated you badly for all of our lives because my father Kihio did not approve of you and I could not go against my father. Now I am a man and I decide for myself. I have always loved you, since the day your crate arrived and the sun glinted off your red hair, I knew that I would never love another as I love you.”

Juiete was stunned to hear the depth of his love for her and at first she was skeptical. He continued to describe all the years he sat watching her in class, playing near her in the gardens and she was won over by his sincerity and feeling. “But how can we be together?” she asked. “Kihio would disown you and Linae would not be allowed to speak with you again. They would never know their grandchildren and many of the other villagers would never again have anything to do with you!” It seemed impossible to be together and at the same time, it now seemed impossible to be apart. They sat side by side behind the bolder, hands clenched while they talked and thought. Suddenly, they formed a plan.

Late that night Juiete and Rijoli met again by the boulder. Juiete carried a cloth filled with seeds from all the medical plants on the island. Rijoli carried seeds from the turnips and carrots and berries. He brought a large knife and a carved wooden bowl. They each wrapped a blanket around their shoulders and holding hands, stepped carefully into the cave…

#38229 - 10/28/06 06:12 PM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Abbey Offline
Consigliere

Loc: SK, Canada
"The Tale of The Tabs"

One Day Pubi was walking to the center of the village when she met a nice boy named Fixo She was beginning to like him. They got married and were known as Pubi Tab and Fixo Tab they had a baby boy named Karmi. He was disabled
which ment he was weakened. He is still alive but they will never give up hope on him.

The End

#38230 - 10/30/06 04:09 PM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Abbey Offline
Consigliere

Loc: SK, Canada
Fixo is Actually named Karmi there twins so i got confused

#38231 - 11/01/06 05:51 AM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Batgrl2u Offline
Expert

Loc: South Jersey, US...From WA Sta...
I have a story I wrote, but I did it in word, how would I post that for the contest? There are images too. I'm fairly new and I'm not sure how this would work. Please Help!!!!

#38232 - 11/01/06 08:13 AM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Could you cut and paste the text into the reply box? That should work.

#38233 - 11/01/06 10:27 AM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
You could just sent it to Carla or Barbara since attachments are disabled on forum posts. That way your story will get viewed with the pictures and everything. You could post just the text for us with copy and paste if you wanted too so we could read it too.

#38234 - 11/01/06 11:24 PM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Batgrl2u Offline
Expert

Loc: South Jersey, US...From WA Sta...
Well I can't figure out how to do this so I'm just going to give the link. I uploaded it to the internet piece by piece...I hope you all enjoy!
Batgrl2u

Edited by Carla (11/03/06 06:16 AM)

#38235 - 11/02/06 08:56 AM Re: *Tale of Two Villagers Contest*
Anji Offline
Master

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Bravo, Bravo - what a lovely story !!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter