Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#37351 - 10/20/06 01:32 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Redway035 Offline

Loc: Muskegon, Michigan
Wow, I am glad to see you all made it over ok. I'm so glad i wont be all alone when VV2 comes out. Must have message boards. I am more addicted to them than the game itself. Hang in there guys. My lastest experiment is to see how many tech points My peeps can get before i fold and drop a mama. I have all my tech fields full expect for the last medicine, as long as i dont buy it they keep onracking up points. sneeky aint i! I have about 910,000 now and am trying to wait until i have a million to summon the golden one. have a good night all and see ya round. -Jamie

#37352 - 10/20/06 09:40 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Welcome to LDW, RA refugees! I'm Cass, 25 year old mom from Canada, VV addict You guys really need to try the halloween mod it's awesome! I can really tell that you guys are going to make great additions to conversations. Nice to have you, hope we'll be a nice place for you to wash up

#37353 - 10/20/06 09:40 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
FishyFrances Offline
Adviser

Hi to the newcomers! I lurk around these boards a lot - I'm a VV addict! I've found the regulars here very friendly and helpful. The moderators are also very knowlegeable - I got some great technical advice when I hit a glitch! Hope you all stay around because I'm enjoying reading your posts - you seem to have a wealth of knowlege about the game!

#37354 - 10/20/06 09:53 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I can't believe the RA just took away your forum There was no warning? just one day you tried to log on and you couldn't? I really really hope that would never happen here, I would be lost! I'm addicting to this forum almost as much as I'm addicting to VV!

#37355 - 10/20/06 11:23 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Welcome aboard RA refugees, what a shame about losing all your posts!

#37356 - 10/20/06 12:40 PM Re: Age question
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
JER!!!!! Glad to see you made it here safe and sound!

Was just going to tell you that I'm not real happy with how "young" this next generation are when they die. It's seems like they're dropping like flies - each one younger than the previous one... last one was only 72. Have decided to only teach current 14yr olds to become adept in either farming or healing and then leave them alone. I'm still curious if forcing the third or fourth master on them sent them to an early grave. The second to last generation I created only have two masters (farming & healing) which they obtained in their early 20's and have left them completely alone since - maybe they'll live longer.

Anyway, so I kept checking in with that village every hour and each time I did, a villager died. I paused the game and haven't put it back on yet. Probably a coincidence, but when I was actively messing with the youngest group, no one died.... when I'd leave that game to go play another village, come back, within seconds of coming back, a villager died. Headstones and age stat still match the ages of the villagers.

Was also wondering if you decided to do all the puzzles or not? I would think, if all you are doing is checking ages when they die, you don't "have" to do but the bare minimum with the games.

Bringing back my (current) personal favorite of Jer's tagliners:
FIGHT BACK! Fill out your tax forms in Roman Numerals.

#37357 - 10/20/06 01:19 PM Re: Age question
Jer Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Mexico
On my test villages I have tried to progress thru the puzzles more or less like I would in other games, to at least try to simulate a game that is not for test purposes. For example, I buy Tech in all categories, breed enough to keep the populations above the danger level (about 15) and when I check them, I put villagers who have gone astray back on task.

Still no overaged dead villagers. In fact, in 3 of the 4 villages I checked this morning, after 12 hours of not monitoring them, I found that all had aged only about TEN years, when if all had gone as usual, they would have aged 12 years... one year for every hour at 2X speed.

The only thing I see that may account for that is that there were "events" in most of the villages. Sorry I have not kept track of that. There was a theory published by at least one gamer which stated that everything stops in a village until the gamer acknowledges an event, or perhaps makes a decision. So, perhaps aging stops too? Have you seen this anomaly?

Jer

A fool and his money... Hey! Where's my wallet?

#37358 - 10/20/06 01:27 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
Hi Graceworks I loved reading your posts on all the RA forums (I was not a poster there so you don't know me) and think it is rotten of them to pull VV off.
Hope you enjoy our forums here and look forward to reading your entertaining and informative posts here.

#37359 - 10/20/06 02:31 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ireland

Hello everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes!!!

Hi drought, grace,jer, gohill, et al!!!

I just left a post on the general discussion board on RA wondering where tink, jimmynexus and dansmot are!!!

Also, got a reply from my e-mail to RA. I complained about the closing down of the forum and had asked them if they could at least reinstate the last week of our posts, or something. Anyway, the first reply was that she couldn't see a problem with the forum as she was looking at it and thought it was possibly my connection. I replied that the game had been pulled and everything else with it!!

I don't know what she was looking at, but, got two replies today, first acknowledging problem and telling me I'd been "elevated". Now, I'm not too crazy about heights but I suppose a little "elevation" won't hurt, haha!!

So, third reply from Mike at Real Networks Level 2 Tech Team, very nice and supportive, he should have been a doctor, great bedside manner, haha!!

Well, he said and I quote "that my case had been elevated due to the severity of it", don't you love "tech speak" and that he apologised for any inconvenience, ahhhhh!!

Goes on to say, "As I understand this, the VV board is no longer available. I can help you with this. I have reported this to the Real Arcade team for correction as quickly as possible." Love and Kisses, Mike (no he didn't say that last bit, but I know he wanted to,haha!!

So, maybe RA will reinstate the board and then again maybe not, it's in the lap of the dogs, sorry, gods, haha!!

Just thought I'd share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37360 - 10/20/06 02:40 PM Re: Age question
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
OH... was that YOUR wallet?!?!? I suppose this means you want your money back...

As for your question, have not seen that particular anomaly but it makes sense. If everything stops, so would the aging.

Started my (test) game again... oldest is now 71 and will check back in about an hour to see if he makes it to 72. Only have 2 elderly, next being 68. My triple masters are as young as 44... double masters are still in their 20's. I'm still curious to see if the ones I didn't push as hard live longer than the ones I did. But, I do put it on pause when I can't check ages every hour or two (they are mean to me here, they only let me out of my straight jacket when I promise to behave.. that's HARD!!). I'm TRYING not to be AS obsessive but... haven't completed Grace's 12 step program for V V addicts. Just can't seem to stop myself from training the little critters.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter