Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#37341 - 10/19/06 08:51 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
GRACE!!!!!!!! sniff...sniff... was about to have a heart attack when I saw the RA v v message board was gone. Not even 24 hours and was suffering SERIOUS withdrawals from you guys!!!!!!!! I wanted to update Jer on my current findings - wanted to know what he had found out - was FREAKING out. Finally found on the RA general board that you guys had moved here... I got approved QUICKly... wonder what's taking Jer so long?!?!?!?! Can't imagine no more JER!!!!!!!!! Was thinking, no more YOU, no more Tink, or Maura, or Jimmy, or drought or... countless others I had come to "love". Maura said she wrote on here but didn't see her.

I'm one of Grace's 12 steppers. A 47-yr old wife/mother of two grown "boys". I play my games similar to Gracie-poo. My husband was thrilled there was no more RA message board. He's sulking at the moment realizing I found another place to rant and rave. Oops gotta go.... it's his turn to rant and rave.

#37342 - 10/19/06 09:15 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Hi, nice to meet you. Do you have "playing virtual villagers" selected as one of your preferred activities? (You know, so everytime you should be doing something else, you can be found wandering to the puter to play it?)

#37343 - 10/19/06 09:36 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Jer Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Mexico
Hiya Grace and all,

Yep... I finally made it from the now defunct Real Arcade Virtual Villagers message board.

I'm 67 and retired from doing some engineering work for the Naval Research Lab. I live in Southern Maryland, very near the Potomac River.

VV has become something of an obession for me cuz it is so darned CUTE!!!!

My inquisitive nature causes me to analyze things about the game... how much does a villager eat under certain circumstances, for example... or how long it takes them to die if they are denied food.... or how long is a villager year? How does this vary with game speed? Are the villagers as productive in 1/2 speed as in 2X speed?

The "need" to analyze this game seems as endless as the options, even tho some events are truly randomlike. (The systems engineer in me realizes that there is nothing truly random in computers... merely appearing to be random. *chuckle*)

The way I "handle" a village depends on what answers I am seeking.... sometimes putting all to one task, sometimes letting them go their merry way.

Jer

I drank WHAT!? - Socrates

#37344 - 10/19/06 10:34 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
Jer i would be interested in conversing with you on what you found out. Maybe i could include some of that stuff in the guide im nearing completion on. Probably this weekend since i have nothing better to do but dwell in front of my pc and eat peanut butter sandwichs. Man life is hard

#37345 - 10/19/06 10:47 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

Another R.A. Poster jumping ship & landing on the island of ldw. Glad to see part of our gang here. Had to wait all day for aproval. Thanks Arthur for manually approving me!!For those of you who don't know we had a message board over there with over 5300 post on it & they pulled it. Arthur maybe you saved some of our post that I'm sure you have all of our permissions to repost. Jer please bring us all up to date on your last stats. Thanks to all the people on this board for welcoming us.

#37346 - 10/19/06 10:53 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Jer Offline
Adviser

I'd be pleased to share any of the info I have gleaned from my tests. Unfortunately some of the details were lost when Real Arcade's forum on VV went down. I still have much if not all of the raw data, tho... and much of it is still pretty fresh in my mind if you just want general statements rather than something like "it takes 7 builders 3 hours real time to clear the blockage whether the speed is set on 1/2, normal or 2X". Don't take that quote as gospel, however.

Send me an email... addy is in my profile... and we can figger out how to connect when it is convenient for both of us.

Jer

Don't write a run-on sentence you got to punctuate it.

#37347 - 10/19/06 10:59 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

I feel like a 5 year old entering school for the first time. Looking around nervously at all the new faces, they seem O.K. Good I see some of my friends from preschool there's Jer, Grace, & oh there's Maura I think it is safe to enter.

#37348 - 10/19/06 11:05 PM Age question
Jer Offline
Adviser

The jury is still out here on the age problem. So far, on each of my 4 test villages, stats agree with headstones which agree with, or at least seem plausible considering, my real time observations.

What have you seen, Gohill?

For those who are not familiar with this Age thing (started on the defunct VV Real Arcade discussion board), it was brought to our attention by Maura that the maximum ages of villagers listed on the Statistics page seemed to be greater than what was ever observed while the villagers were alive. Maura further reported something which seemed to indicate that the villagers might age really FAST when they die! That is, something like a 70 year old villager died while she was not at the keyboard, but when she returned maybe 2 hours later, he had died at the age of 89. I know, Maura.... times and ages are not right... just using this for an example.

To test this, I started 4 villages, each on easy, 2X speed. I've been monitoring them carefully, as often as once each 2 hours, recording the name and age of each villager, along with the real world clock time, the elapsed played time from the Stats page and the oldest villager data from the Stats page.

Jer

Archaeologist: Person whose career lies in ruins.

#37349 - 10/19/06 11:17 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
Thats some crazyiness right there. but i will get in touch with you and see if there is some stuff i can use. For anyone who doesnt know (new people from RA.) There is a halloween mod i created your welcome to try out if you like under the guide section

#37350 - 10/19/06 11:28 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Welcome to the forum y'all.

the halloween mod looks fabulous btw.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter