Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#243879 - 11/23/22 07:32 AM Features that really should be added/fixed ASAP!!!
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Loc: United States of America
I've been revisiting the mobile games lately, and I can't help but look back fondly at some of the older ones. I remember when Fish Tycoon 2 and Virtual Town released and I really enjoyed seeing everyone react to them here! (Man, I miss all the old users... Come back!)

Anyway, I decided to redownload some of them after years of finishing them, and it's obvious they haven't been updated for ages. They really need an update to fix the issues that have popped up recently.
There's a bug in Virtual Town where you can't log into Facebook anymore, so any town saved to your account is inaccessible. Also the Movie Theater no longer shows ads so you can't win prizes. In Fish Tycoon 2 we still can't reset the game, so we can't replay it once we've finished or start over if we can't progress anymore. Virtual Villagers Origins 2 has a broken pause button which hasn't been fixed since 2020-2021. And I've accidentally saved over my games multiple times when logging into Facebook, or choosing the wrong account to import save data from.

It's basic stuff like this that makes or breaks the enjoyability and replayability of a game. It's one thing to stop producing new content updates for a game, but it's another to stop fixing bugs and letting them accumulate.

What other things have you guys noticed that really should be changed?

#243881 - 11/24/22 06:26 PM Re: Features that really should be added/fixed ASAP!!! [Re: lorsieab2]
Keegan Administrator Offline
Community Manager

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback!

We're more than happy to reset your Fish Tycoon 2 game at any time! Simply contact us through your game by tapping the 'gear' icon, then 'Get Help' to send us a reset request!

Regarding the pause function in Virtual Villagers: Origins 2, our team is still trying to determine the issue, and currently, we don't have any further information to provide regarding resolution times. We once again apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Finally, we very much appreciate your support of Virtual Town! The game has always been very special to us, and we have spent considerable time and effort working to resolve the issues that are present in the game. Unfortunately, as we worked on fixing the issues, we encountered a series of obstacles that are beyond our control. We have reluctantly come to the conclusion that it will not be possible to resolve the issues with Virtual Town.

We are saddened that our efforts to update Virtual Town did not come to fruition, but we also want to be open with our fans about Virtual Town’s future. Virtual Town will remain available for download for now, and you may continue to play the game, but there will be no updates to the game, and we are no longer able to provide customer support for the game, due to ongoing game server issues.

#243882 - 11/24/22 07:55 PM Re: Features that really should be added/fixed ASAP!!! [Re: Keegan]
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Loc: United States of America
Hi Keegan!

Thank you so much for replying!
I've already figured out how to reset my game. But thanks for the help.
Sad to hear about Virtual Town. A lot of people have been wondering what happened ever since we never got the update we were promised years ago. It's good that we finally have an answer to the lack of updates after so long!

I care a lot about these games, so it's great to see people talking about them. Even if it's just customer support wink

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter