Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#242545 - 02/01/19 04:22 PM Help Improve the Game!
Virtual Player Offline

Let's help out last day of work and in turn, help out ourselves. Let's start a list of things you love, don't love so much and things you think would improve the game. Here's the start of my list:

1. Crafting takes too long.
2. Lava stones should be purchasable or earnable. (Whichever version of the game we have).
3. Stuff we gather could be sellable for lava stones?
4. Wish there were a way, like the school where kids could be trained before they start work.
5. Don't enjoy when life gets busy and I have 27 year old's that have never started working. frown
6. Of course the puzzles are great, graphics are awesome and love the reincarnation feature for those "special" villagers.
7. Wish that there was a hospital where villagers could get healing experience.
8. Love the auto-breeding feature and the fact that they maintain the huts to keep getting better at building.
9. When choosing two villagers to hook-up, for example, a Master Researcher and a Master Farmer, I wish the kids would come out more capable - like already partially trained in both, or doubly trained in one.
10. I do not see the benefit of having a chief. Maybe they could start auto gathering supplies? That being said, after hours and hours of gameplay, it would be nice if some of the tedious parts of the game such as gathering could be made more autonomous.

Okay, that's enough from me for now. I'm sure you'll think of a lot more.

#242553 - 02/03/19 11:47 AM Re: Help Improve the Game! [Re: Virtual Player]
ledheadmelli Offline
Trainee

#1 - crafting is ridiculous! I just spent more than 84 crafting hours preparing to make pipe, only to find I don't have enough tech! Same with the soft pots - can't cook them yet. Adding insult to injury, if you mess up a combo, it still takes up the time AND eats up your hard earned product. And the speed up price is too steep considering how hard the stones are to come by.
#4 - since I built my school, I've been taking the kids up there one at a time and force-feeding them education, over and over until it says they have learned all they're going to. It takes about 15-20 minutes of attention, but they end up trainees in everything, including gatherer. Real helpful if you hate coming in to find those lazy 20 somethings sunbathing and strolling. wink
#7 - there is a hospital available later in the game. I'm not there yet, but I'm assuming/hoping they can train there.
#10 - I needed a chief early on (got him by spinning the necklace wheel) for the gold panning, but don't see much use for him beyond that. Which I wish I realized before spending 20 stones to watch him grow old and die AGAIN without ever being needed.

#11 - Four hours of no work only to drop a 2 yr old? Who then grows like a weed and is a senior citizen within a couple of days? It's been impossible to make perfect villagers without gambling away precious lava stones. I've got 80+ yr olds that still haven't met the healing/gather requirements - if they make PV, it will be for 5 minutes, tops.

#242587 - 02/10/19 01:24 AM Re: Help Improve the Game! [Re: ledheadmelli]
BurgerBaby Offline

It would be great if we could craft more than one of an item at one time. I would love to just hit craft a do how every many I need without have to keep going back

#242592 - 02/11/19 09:05 PM Re: Help Improve the Game! [Re: BurgerBaby]
loceschaos Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Im playing on windows 10 and would love to be able to sign in to facebook.

#242594 - 02/12/19 06:21 PM Re: Help Improve the Game! [Re: loceschaos]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
It's hard to get them to stick to a building task. I set them for one thing and they go off to "Maintain" something already built.

The laughter of the kids is obnoxious and gives me a headache. I know it's the same sound effect from the other games but something about this one is really painful.

Being able to play in windowed mode so I could keep the game running while I go watch YouTube videos or reply to tweets while easily checking to see if there's been an earthquake lately.

Some way to craft magic and air. It takes forever for air and cracks to show up.

Something that has annoyed me since the first game - nursing mothers should be able to do limited work. At the very least I should be able to set them to research. In the real world nursing moms work. There's no reason they can't in the games.

www.jamisings.com

#243855 - 09/19/22 01:32 PM Re: Help Improve the Game! [Re: Jami]
Latifa Offline

Loc: Texas
A working pause button. Due to a glitch, the pause button is currently useless; once you press play, the game reveals that it never paused in the first place.

Infinite reincarnations as a reward for solving all puzzles. Once you finish the game, the reincarnation limit no longer serves a purpose.

Fix the delay in collecting finished crafts. Currently, it often takes 30 seconds to a minute (sometimes even 2 minutes) to collect any single product.

Return items from incorrect mixes to the inventory instead of wasting them. It is unfair to lose valuable items simply because you accidentally pressed the wrong buttons.

Trained healers improve their healing ability on their own as often as they improve their other skills.

One of the female voices sounds like an irritated 'huh?' which sounds way too harsh compared to all the other voices. I can't stand that voice, so I temporarily mute my device before picking up villagers who have it. I really hope to see it replaced with a kinder voice.

There is a problem where villagers over-build once their building skill bar is both mastered and filled to the edge. Even if you set their preference to another mastered skill, they frequently maintain huts as if you had set their preference to building. As a result, it becomes impossible for their farming, healing, and/or research skills to surpass their building ones. I hope to see this fixed so there can be more diversity in villagers' most proficient abilities like in real life.

#243858 - 09/23/22 11:51 AM Re: Help Improve the Game! [Re: Latifa]
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Loc: United States of America
+1 to fixing the pause button, more ways to earn/buy lavastones and crafting magic and air.

Maybe adding more limited-time events like the Christmas lanternmaking one? And having them automatically be offered as an optional side task. Some way to use those useless lanterns and crafted items.

Ability to earn all exclusive outfits from Survival Mode. I want to make elves and vampires in my village!

Some way to customize our villages like Virtual Families 3 maybe?

There definitely needs to be more things to do after we finish the story. Our villages sit there doing nothing and the game's essentially abandonded.

#243862 - 09/26/22 03:03 PM Re: Help Improve the Game! [Re: lorsieab2]
Latifa Offline

+1 to all of your suggestions. I'd love to see all of them incorporated into the game smile

Infinite continues in normal mode if your village dies more than once, like how Virtual Families 2 and 3 allow you to adopt a new family if your current family dies without children, without losing any progress

Hair salon where villagers can color their hair and/or change their hairstyles

More outfits to unlock

Architect's hat for men (currently, only females have an actual architect's hat; the male counterpart is an invisible 'hat')

Option to change voices to your preferred ones (I really love the cheerful 'heys' and 'ohs,' not so much the nasal 'huhs')

#243866 - 10/24/22 06:20 AM Re: Help Improve the Game! [Re: Latifa]
Latifa Offline

We really need infinite reincarnations. I also suggest adding the option to preserve villagers for later reincarnation in case the mausoleum reaches maximum capacity (500 villagers). Currently, once this capacity is reached, whenever a new villager is buried, the earliest deceased villager disappears forever.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter