Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#243859 - 09/23/22 12:07 PM Game ideas I've had for a while...
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Loc: United States of America
I think it would be really cool to make a Virtual Villagers game where you build your village from scratch while doing quests. Think something like Bakery Story or Castle Story by TeamLava on the iPhone. I played BS back in the day and I believe they're still making updates for it. It's as old as the iPhone 3gs I think? You can actually customize your space, like constructing buildings or making recipes on appliances and serving food to customers.

The bad part about those games is the limited energy for actions or the need for real world money and high cost for everything and the missable items and events. Please please please don't do these things!
We need to have reasonable times for crafting stuff and completing quests. In those games, many people would struggle to complete events because their tasks would take ages to finish without spending money to instantly complete them! We also need to not drain our wallets while playing. Paying $9.99 just for extra outfits and furniture isn't fun at all. Nor is pay-to-win or pay-to-become-elite.

There's a ton of village/city building games that have similar DIY gameplay. But it would be amazing to see one that has that old-school, PC game Virtual Villagers touch! Games where there's not much player input are boring, IMO.

A Virtual Families expansion like Sims Freeplay only with less in app purchases would be nice. In that game you can renovate a whole town and have sims visit each others' houses. There's quests and furniture and stuff you can unlock from them, and tons of events. The devs come out with new furniture and outfits all the time and the game's been running for a long time.

Some type of exploration-quest game would be cool. I don't know, been nostalgic about Poptropica and I've been thinking about it a lot. Something similar to that would be fun. (OG Poptropica for the win!)

A mix of everything would be crazy. Crazy good!

Edited by lorsieab2 (09/23/22 12:27 PM)

#243860 - 09/23/22 12:37 PM Re: Game ideas I've had for a while... [Re: lorsieab2]
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Loc: United States of America
More stuff I've been thinking about...

We need more updates with new content. More updates fleshing out old content. More updates polishing the games we love and fixing all the bugs.

Some LDW games haven't seen an update in years, like Virtual Town. I guess it serves its purpose, but the story is deliberately vague and ends on a cliffhanger. It still says in the last update's notes that there would be a new one adding more stuff. Never came frown
Virtual Villagers Origins 2 still has bugs, like the pause button not working. That one is crucial to fix because our villages keep dying out.
In general all the current games seem to be missing something. Many new people are confused as to how to play the games. Many experience weird bugs that don't get fixed for months. I'm not sure if they're getting their concerns heard. But I know you guys are trying your best, right? wink

The old games had that nostalgia factor and a personality to them that gives them their charm. Maybe I'm looking at rose-colored lenses, but those times where the community was excited to hear from the devs and were lively were the best. It just feels so empty now.
Not saying the new games suck though. They're good right now, but they can be even better.

(Booyah! 50th post! I'm now an Advisor!!)

Edited by lorsieab2 (09/23/22 12:49 PM)

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter