Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#243818 - 05/24/22 01:51 PM 2 different versions of game
JetW Offline

Loc: Iowa
Hi,
I had a family going and got them to gen 8. Yesterday I did a factory reset on my tablet and started new game. The version I am playing now is completely different from the version I had been playing. I didn't write game id down so wasn't able to have old game restored. But I'm really curious as to why the different versions, especially when both were downloaded from same place..play store.
Watching ads only gives 30 coins when it was 200 before
I now have a TO DO list that pops up that I've never seen before
Home improvements are priced lower but some also don't unlock til gen 8 or 9 when in previous game I had unlocked them much earlier in my gens, like 2 or 3.
selling collectibles gives a bit more money, before it was 100, now its around 150 or something close (didn't calculate the difference).
Also as a test I downloaded game onto hubbys tablet and on his is the same version I had before. So confused about this frown
Anyone have insight as to why this is? Is it a glitch or what?
Thanks!!
Jet

#243819 - 05/24/22 05:56 PM Re: 2 different versions of game [Re: JetW]
Keegan Administrator Offline
Community Manager

Hi JetW!

We're currently testing different in-game pricing, video ad rewards and currency options to see which is more popular; the tests are randomly assigned and not dependent on the device.

Some of the ways you can maximize the family’s earnings include:

- Adopting a little person with a good career, and avoiding little people with riskier careers (such as trading in stocks or playing the lotto). It will take some experience to learn which careers are best, since the highest starting salaries don’t always produce the most income as career levels increase.

- Encourage your little person to work by praising them with the green glove and giving them rewards, such as candy and fruit, while they are working at their career. Be careful not to use the green glove too many times in a row, or they will become annoyed with you.

- Purchase career room upgrades from the Career section of the store as soon as your family can afford them. Each career room upgrade speeds up your little person’s progress in their career, which increases their salary more quickly.

- Choose to marry a little person who will work in the same career room as their partner. This will effectively double the benefit from every career room upgrade that you purchase for your family.

- Purchasing career magazines from the Flea Market or Advanced Career Training from the Upgrade Me! Icon on the little person’s detail page can also boost earnings, but the cost of those items isn’t always justified for workers with low salaries.

You can find the game play information you're looking for in our Help Center below.

https://ldw.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001145872-Virtual-Families-3-Our-Country-Home

#243820 - 05/24/22 08:22 PM Re: 2 different versions of game [Re: Keegan]
JetW Offline

Loc: Iowa
Hey Keegan,
I see. Still that opens other questions. If no one knows you are testing versions, how are you gonna know the results? Like, how will you know which version players prefer when they don't even know they are in testing? Is there more than 2 versions? I didn't see anything when I redownloaded the game to indicate there are different versions. So far I've seen nothing in game other than the differences to indicate a way to report on the differences.
I'm not complaining about the game play, just didn't know what was going on. Honestly, I've barely played this new version, I paused my game awaiting an answer on here because I didn't know if it was a glitch or what. So still on 1st gen with no hubby or kids yet. But now that I know, I will continue my game as is to see more of the differences and see if I like it better or not. Not a fan of the 30 coin ads and that there are fewer of them. I like that some stuff is less expensive. Don't like that some of the stuff that was unlockable at gen 2 or 3 now isn't unlockable until gen 9. Also noticed that some stuff is more expensive in the version I'm on. I like the TO DO list so far, we'll see the further I get with the game.
Which I guess leads to a new question, as for myself I don't mind starting over. But what if someone gets the new version and doesn't like it, will it be possible to transfer the family to the old version without losing gens of families?

Thanks,
Jet

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter