Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 90 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#240435 - 05/29/16 12:16 AM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: sunshower]
Jessamine Offline
Adviser

Loc: Sydney Australia
I always wonder about these townies and what work do they do ? They don't contribute to the town at all. My shopkeepers don't seem to live in my town. they are amongst the few who appreciate all my hard work.
If I could get rid of those townies who ask me a favour and then say they could handle it themselves anyway...why don't they then? Ungrateful lazy people.

#240445 - 05/29/16 01:06 PM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: Jessamine]
VirtuallyMe Offline
Expert

Agree @Jessamine

#240453 - 05/31/16 03:41 PM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: VirtuallyMe]
AmberKillian Offline
Trainee

Loc: North Carolina
@Jessamine: what about those townies who ask for a brass shovel and after you give it to them, as a reward, they give you (wait for it) a brass shovel!? I would think it would be quite easy to make the reward anything except for the thing they asked you for. I know nothing about programming however. Grr.

Also, I wish we could pause the game. At least for short periods. I have a lot of medical issues and some days I just don't feel like coming on to pull weeds, pick up litter, or give people things they could easily have gotten themselves (or even already had).

#240457 - 05/31/16 10:43 PM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: AmberKillian]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

AmberKillian, I have left my game untended for as much as 2 weeks without serious consequences. I routinely take a day or two off, for instance so I can enjoy an unplugged weekend in the mountains. You should take a few precautionary steps and then feel free to leave your game untended:

1) Plant flowers on housing lots and in the botanical garden, and spend the small IAP fee for the irrigation system. Those flowers will be safe as they will be auto-watered.

2) If you have large gardens outside the reach of the irrigation system, make peace with the fact that you will likely lose some flowers. They will become weeds, and if you have the Beautiful Town ordinance, the townies will pick at least some of the weeds. Take a screenshot of your garden so you can rebuild it, and store some replacement plants in a safe area (the botanical garden or a house lot).

3) Get the Beautiful Town ordinance. It will help a little bit.

4) Buy a bunch of metal trash bins and put them in places where litter seems to accumulate, such as the area behind the town buildings or the grass south of the western houses.

5) On 3 consecutive days, plant at least 3 fruit trees, which will give you 9 pieces of fruit a day. Unless you have a really incompetent townie who always gets in line last for food, this will keep your peeps fed. Even if all your trees fruit on the same day, your peeps will probably be fine, since they can go a couple of weeks before they starve to death. Since every random event generator creates outliers, I like to err on the side of too much fruit and not too little.

Your health is more important than the game, and even if you lost peeps by taking a break it would be worth it if it kept you (a living breathing real person) healthier. However, if you take those steps you probably won't lose anyone. Enjoy!

#240462 - 06/01/16 10:19 AM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: Aviatrix]
VirtuallyMe Offline
Expert

@AmberKillian I agree with your townie comment, this game needs much more depth. I mean seriously, what's the point of asking for an object if they already have it? Which brings me to another pet peeve, it's nice they want to give you something in response to getting what they ask for but we should be able to request specific things from them in return. Strike a bargain so to speak. For example instead of only having the 2 options of yay or nay we should be able to come back with a request of our own. Like, I'll get you what you want if you're willing to get me this other thing I need.

#240464 - 06/01/16 02:07 PM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: VirtuallyMe]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

Loc: Les États-Unis
Originally Posted By: VirtuallyMe
@AmberKillian I agree with your townie comment, this game needs much more depth. I mean seriously, what's the point of asking for an object if they already have it? Which brings me to another pet peeve, it's nice they want to give you something in response to getting what they ask for but we should be able to request specific things from them in return. Strike a bargain so to speak. For example instead of only having the 2 options of yay or nay we should be able to come back with a request of our own. Like, I'll get you what you want if you're willing to get me this other thing I need.
I *really* like the bartering system suggestion. Why not make the suggestion in the official suggestion thread so it does not go unnoticed by the developer?

#240468 - 06/02/16 01:16 PM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: Ruby L]
AmberKillian Offline
Trainee

@Aviatrix you are totally right!

I have the irrigation, the beautiful town ordinance, and most of my plants are covered by it. Those that aren't, I don't really mind if I lose, since they are common plants. And just yesterday I started a garden in one of my townies' lot. (He always asks for plants as favors.)

I will absolutely put in some more trash bins. I didn't realize they help the area they are put. I thought it was just a general thing.

I have plenty of food, and just planted more fruit trees so that isn't a problem. Thank you for letting me know about how long I can "abandon" the game. I figured it I left it for a week people would move out. Thanks so much!

I'm at a turning point in my health, I think, (a good one!) so hopefully this won't even be an issue in the near future.

#240484 - 06/04/16 10:41 PM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: VirtuallyMe]
mal Offline

My rudest townie is moping around and shes "depressed" and "defeated". Does this mean she is moving out I hope.

#240485 - 06/05/16 02:48 AM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: mal]
AmberKillian Offline
Trainee

I don't think they move out unless the beauty score is too low. And then it could be any townie.

#240489 - 06/05/16 02:04 PM Re: Rude Virtual Townspeople (Moods) [Re: AmberKillian]
mal Offline

Thanks AmbeKillian

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter