Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#243764 - 01/05/22 03:07 PM Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine
VinceFromSyd Offline

Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself and to thank the developers for making the all the games they have made. They were part of my childhood and remain an ongoing part of my gaming life. I still dream in the fabled (blue) roses from Plant Tycoon and hearing the opening theme from VV2 still gives me serenity.

Over the last 2 years I've played through all of the PC Virtual Villagers games, and Fish & Plant Tycoon.

I've completed all of them.

I found the games from a friend around 2006 (before VV3 had been even announced), and played them on and off since them. I seemed to have a lot of extra time during an extended indoor-stay throughout 2020 & 2021, which made me push forward with a definitive finish to them.

Hence, every plant & fish species has been discovered, every trophy earned, every puzzle solved and every collectible found.

Full Gallery on Imgur

I still have questions about the random event in VV5 which revealed that the golden child had gone missing... and of the other gaps in the unsolved mysteries of this island. However, for now I hope this post makes everyone appreciate, there's at least one soul who remembers the classics. Farewell for now, and thanks for all the fish (and plants and trophies etc) grin

Edited by VinceFromSyd (01/05/22 03:07 PM)

#243765 - 01/06/22 03:37 PM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: VinceFromSyd]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Thanks so much for posting this! It brought old memories of those early days flooding back. Those were good times back then, and we're very happy that our games are just as enjoyable now!

Thanks for sharing! laugh

#243769 - 01/09/22 12:00 AM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: VinceFromSyd]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

I share those thoughts. It's amazing for how long LDW has been a part of my life, since my childhood. Spent countless hours with joy with these games.

I agree that it would be nice if we could keep exploring the story (that golden child reference and a lot of things went nowhere alomg with the main story) With the release of VVO2, story seems to be rebooted, and the fact that Fish Tycoon 2 has different magic fish than FT1 supports that.

Anyway i am still very glad that LDW is still around with all the forums and stuff. Most of the similar studios from that era are now either no longer in business or rebranded and all the old communities are gone.

And yes i used to be obsessed with fabled lemonbush laugh too bad it doesn't exists lol.

Edited by Hydra14 (01/09/22 12:01 AM)

#243771 - 01/10/22 02:06 AM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: Hydra14]
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Loc: United States of America
Hi guys smile
You sound kinda like me, Vince! I found LDW a little later than you, around 2011 on WildTangent. I started with Fish Tycoon, then I fell in love with VV3. It seemed so big and full of mystery and it's still one of my favorite games!

One thing I admire about LDW is how unique their games are, and how they're made with love. You can feel attached to your little villagers and family members, see how they change and grow, and care for them like real people. There's also lots of room to expand on lore. I remember drawing my favorite villagers and spending hours worldbuilding and writing story ideas!

I hope everyone at LDW has a wonderful year, and thank you so much for all the fun and happiness you've given us! <3

Edited by lorsieab2 (01/10/22 02:12 AM)
Edit Reason: Woops wrong name lol

#243824 - 06/06/22 08:34 PM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: lorsieab2]
kikimine Offline

I was wondering if this site is still active. I'm trying to click on the link for the breeding chart for Plant Tycoon and all I click is "page not found". Are you able to offer me any assistance in contacting a moderator?

#243825 - 06/06/22 09:27 PM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: kikimine]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi kikimine. There are numerous Plant Tycoon breeding charts spread out among the Plant Tycoon forums, some dating back a dozen years or more. Unfortunately, some outside links may no longer work. If you can post a link to the post for the specific breeding chart you're trying to view, we'd be happy to take a look and see if it may be something that we can fix on our end. Otherwise, here is a good, basic breeding chart. smile

#243826 - 06/07/22 03:04 AM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: MissKathy]
kikimine Offline

This is the link I was clicking on:

www.webbible.mine.nu /plant_tycoon.

I'm trying to get the Mela Rare Oak which is the last magic plant I need but I'm not having any luck. I cross pollinated two Mela Gladiatus with two Jalapa Rare Oak hoping to get the Mela Rare Oak and all I got were Mela Gladiatus seeds on all 4 plants. Don't understand why I didn't get any Rare Oak variety.

#243827 - 06/07/22 04:37 AM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: kikimine]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi kikimine. Is there a specific post here on the LDW forums that lists the url that you shared? There are many possible combinations to breed all of the Magic Plants. See this post for a list of combinations, and this post if you want to download a copy of the same guide. Good luck!

#243830 - 06/07/22 09:29 PM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: MissKathy]
kikimine Offline

Thank you for the guide, I did find that same guide elsewhere but yours is in much better viewing mode. As to the URL I just found that somewhere on the internet. I do note that on this site under "LDW Links" that the one for Plant Tycoon doesn't work either. When I click on it all I get is a 404 error. I wish there is still active content for Plant Tycoon but I guess the game is way too old for anyone to care anymore. I just love it though. Again thanks for the guide and download. It is much appreciated.

I do have a question that I hope I can ask it right. If I take one of the combos on the guide, like Ball Cactus x Pipe Cactus, the guide doesn't show what I get. I do know I will get a seed that shows the combo of both, not what I want. How to do I handle the breeding of a seed that has two parents? Seems to me a paring is best done with a seed that shows both parents the same. What am I missing here?

#243831 - 06/07/22 09:32 PM Re: Thank you LDW for entertainment during quarantine [Re: kikimine]
kikimine Offline

Because one guy said cross any plant with the first name of what you want. But so what? That info makes no sense to me. I tried for hours doing that and I ended up with 4 plants and when I cross bred them each of the 4 plants gave me the exact same seed as one of the plants. I felt that was a total waste of time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter