Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#243185 - 05/14/20 02:20 PM Pipe or "pins"
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Loc: w. Tn
Hi all,
GBU all 2.
I am "trying" to "finish" the water wheel. I have found 2 supposedly" answers, pipe and "pins".
How do you "make either"? I "tried" metal/metal, metal/lava, ore/metal, coal/lava, and coal/fire.
"Each time", it says, "Don't mix".
I have "maxed" in all techs.
Does that "mean", the wheel and the yellow statue "doesn't get " finished in Chapter 1? "Still building", 45 %, the clay hut.
Any "tips/hints" would be appreciated.
GBU and yours

#243186 - 05/14/20 03:39 PM Re: Pipe or "pins" [Re: crosstitcher]
Tobie Offline
Adviser

Maybe the suggestions in this topic will help you?

#243189 - 05/14/20 10:56 PM Re: Pipe or "pins" [Re: Tobie]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Hi all,
GBU all 2.
Now this is "all" that I have "tried and failed", and their "responses" in making pipe/pins for the water wheel.
Tried/failed:

Sand/lava Coal/lava
Earth/fire Fire/coal
Coal/sand Metal/coal
Metal/clay Earth/lava
Fire/metal Ore/metal

Responses:

Already tried.
These don't mix.
Need more puzzle chapter.
Complete more puzzles.

"And" I did "exactly" what that link "suggested" and "nope nothing".
My "tribe" is at the 26 pop. level, which makes it "easier" on me to "control.
All adults are "Masters" in all techs. Some are "late 70's to early 80 yrs. old, and some are "mid-40-50 yrs. old.
"Sooo", it looks like to me, I can't "progress" any further on the wheel, and will "continue" to "work on" the yellow statue, and the clay hut for this chapter. Only "need" water wheel "and" yellow statue to "finish" all the puzzles.
GBU and yours.

Edited by crosstitcher (05/14/20 11:05 PM)
Edit Reason: More information added.

#243190 - 05/15/20 07:48 AM Re: Pipe or "pins" [Re: crosstitcher]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi crosstitcher. All 12 puzzles have to be completed in order to finish Chapter 1. Are you trying to make the center pieces for the water wheel or are you trying to do something else with the water wheel?

One of the suggestions in the previously linked topic was to fill in the empty spots of your crafting hut so that you have at least one of everything. Have you done that? If not, If I were you
Click to reveal..
I’d make sure I had the items listed on the 6th sheet in the crafting hut (the sheet with the "dough" on it, although you're not going to use the dough for this puzzle).

If you need help with crafting recipes, Xay posted a link to a VVO2 crafting spreadsheet that a group of beta testers created. It’s a wonderful resource! You can find her post in this topic.

Click to reveal..
If you’re not able to make one of every crafting combination on the 6th sheet, you may to upgrade your crafting technology. Crafting technology is very important in VVO2!

After you’ve crafted all of the items on the 6th sheet, drop a villager on the crafting hut and see what is available for them to work with (I'd use a Perfect Villager/Chief just to cover all of my bases). You'll need to do this more than once if the villager takes an item somewhere.

Follow this advice and you should be able to create what you need for the center pieces of the water wheel.

#243191 - 05/15/20 02:38 PM Re: Pipe or "pins" [Re: MissKathy]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Hi Miss Kathy,
GBU2.
Ty for the "tip", as I read "all" tips "before" posting last post, and I never found "anything" about page 6.
I'm going in "ABC" order to get page 6 filled.
Now 2 more questions and "hope" they will be my "last" for Chapter 1.
I got 2/3 necklaces for the yellow statue.
I got them like it was said, in the "daily" the 1st time around. On the 3rd. one, do they have to "earn them"? If "so", how?
Lemur "hasn't found" any necklaces.
I "haven"t got enough lava stones to do "spins".
How else are they to be achieved?
GBU and yours.

#243193 - 05/15/20 03:15 PM Re: Pipe or "pins" [Re: crosstitcher]
Tobie Offline
Adviser

Hi crosstitcher,

Keegan provided a spoiler that provides the locations and timing of getting all three necklace pieces. Just click on the spoiler button to see the information.

The necklaces that you get from spinning the wheel on a villager's detail page are not the same as the necklaces for the statue.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter