Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#243083 - 04/03/20 05:58 PM Puzzle 16 - can't get the braids
JenJeep Offline

I've completed all the Tech levels and solved all other 15 puzzles, but when I drop a villager on the crates of braids in the research lab, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

#243096 - 04/07/20 01:21 PM Re: Puzzle 16 - can't get the braids [Re: JenJeep]
Celeste1215 Offline

Loc: Indiana, USA
"Puzzle 16 requires four steps completed in healing the tree, and three rolls of cloth. When it says "the Tree of Life is recovering" in your tech menu, you will start seeing a purple hummingbird flying around your village. At this point you can drag a villager onto the crates with the moth-eaten braids in the bottom left corner of the lab. They will take one of the braids and take it to a flat rock by the sea. Drop a villager onto the braid, and they will gather a roll of cloth to repair the rope. When you drop a villager on the finished rope, it will tell you that "the lei needs more flowers". Now watch where the hummingbird is goes. The hummingbird will hover around some flowers to pollinate them, after which you can drop a villager on the flower to pick it. If the hummingbird didn't pollinate a flower it will keep telling you "this flower is not in full bloom yet". You can usually get several flowers from one plant. You need six flowers for one lei and three leis to complete the puzzle. Note that if you interrupt your villager as they are carrying the lei to the tree you will have to make the whole lei again from scratch!"

Taken from Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life Walkthrough & Cheats

#243106 - 04/20/20 10:11 PM Re: Puzzle 16 - can't get the braids [Re: Celeste1215]
JenJeep Offline

Thank you, but I have those exact notes; I have the three rolls of cloth, it says "The Tree of Life is Recovering" and the hummingbird is flying around. But when I drag a villager on the crates, it just says that the villager "see the moth-eaten braids" and then the villager walks away. None of my villagers pick up the braids!! Any other suggestions??

#243107 - 04/21/20 11:13 PM Re: Puzzle 16 - can't get the braids [Re: JenJeep]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello JenJeep. Tap on the clothing hut to verify that there are 3 rolls of cloth available. If there are:
Click to reveal..
Keep putting your adult villager on the ropes until their status says "repairing the ropes". They will then go and get the cloth to repair the rope. You need to do this each time you want to repair a rope.
Good luck! smile

#243110 - 04/23/20 10:58 PM Re: Puzzle 16 - can't get the braids [Re: MissKathy]
JenJeep Offline

Thank you! That worked!

#243111 - 04/23/20 11:20 PM Re: Puzzle 16 - can't get the braids [Re: JenJeep]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hurray!!!! grin You're very welcome JenJeep. Enjoy the rest of the puzzle. smile

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter