Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 289 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#197960 - 06/06/09 06:07 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: happybluebird]
CLshark Offline
Trainee

Loc: UK
Well....here are my results.

I used two tanks. One with a seahorse, one without. No upgrades were researched. The tanks contained similar species of fish. Both tanks were full. (20 fish with seahorse, 21 without the seahorse).

I starved my fish in both my seahorse and non-seahorse tanks.

Firstly, I've noticed that when the 'Fed' bar is empty the fish don't die. It makes no difference if there is a seahorse in the tank or not, they still don't die.
When fish are starving then their health deterioates. This happened at an equal rate between the two tanks. Evenutally, when the health bar became empty the fish died.

The number of fish that caught an Ick or Fungal disease were evenly distributed between the two tanks.

Finally, the fish died at an equal rate.

I conlude that the fish in the tank that contained the seahorse were neither healthier nor lived longer than those in the tank without the seahorse.

happybluebird - I know you experienced a different situation in your game. I think that it was a coincidence that the fish with the seahorse survived and the fish without the seahorse didn't. The fish can survive for several human days without food (I played on 2x normal speed).

If none of the fish become ill then you would expect the fish to live for a considerable amount of time. Only if one or more fish catch a disease will they die more quickly. Once one fish has a disease, the others are more prone to catch it too.

If both of your tanks were full then you'd have had 20 fish in the seahorse tank and 21 fish in the tank without the seahorse. The fish without the seahorse were 5% more likely to catch a disease than the ones with the seahorse. This has nothing to do with the seahorse, but merely that there would be 5% more fish in the tank without the seahorse.

Another factor that may have affected your outcome could have been the stage in which you abandoned the game. If the fish in the tank without the seahorse had been left for longer - i.e. you exited the game having last fed the fish in the tank containing the seahorse then you would expect these fish to be in better health than those in the other tank(s).

Having said all of this, I'm still at a loss as to what the seahorse actually does. confused

#197978 - 06/06/09 07:49 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: CLshark]
happybluebird Offline

I don't know why your results were different. I still have not fed mine. It has been about three months. They are still alive. When you last posted about your trial, I checked on mine. There were several that were diseased and all had empty feed bars. I closed the game without doing anything to them. When I opened it today, the ones that were diseased are still diseased and the feed bars were still empty. As I said, I had all three tanks full of fish. The only ones that survived were all the fish in the seahorse tank. Sorry it didn't work for you, But I wish I had one of each magic fish in that tank!!!

#198159 - 06/08/09 03:53 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: happybluebird]
CLshark Offline
Trainee

What game speed are you playing on and have you bought any upgrades for your tank?

#198174 - 06/08/09 06:32 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: CLshark]
happybluebird Offline

I am playing on 2x the speed and I have all the research. Kind of weird!

#199120 - 06/16/09 02:16 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: happybluebird]
CLshark Offline
Trainee

I've just tried 3 attempts (on level 2 environment) of 2x, 1x and 1/2x speeds and all my fish have died in the tank with the seahorse.

I'll try upgrading all the research and see if that makes any difference.

Have you purchased any of the magic plants?

Oh and also, have you any magic fish in the tank with the seahorse, and if so, which ones?

#200662 - 06/28/09 01:22 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: CLshark]
jazzmine54868 Offline

I have all the upgrades, and plants and sea horse. The fish are still getting sick even with the plants and the magic fish of curing. They are still getting hurngry with the magic fish of substance. I havent any idea what the sea horse is for and I would like to know. Also what is the special chemical suppose to do, I have used it twice and nothing has happemed. Does any one have any ideas what the sea horse and magic chemicals are for? Thank you

#202374 - 07/09/09 02:14 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: jazzmine54868]
CLshark Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: jazzmine54868
I have all the upgrades, and plants and sea horse. The fish are still getting sick even with the plants and the magic fish of curing. They are still getting hurngry with the magic fish of substance. I havent any idea what the sea horse is for and I would like to know. Also what is the special chemical suppose to do, I have used it twice and nothing has happemed. Does any one have any ideas what the sea horse and magic chemicals are for? Thank you

The magic chemical changes the species of one or more of your fish. The changes are quite subtle sometimes - either the body or fins of just one fish are changed. Other times, many of your fish change. I have used it and not seen any of the fish change species but this does not happen often.

I found that the fish needed feeding less often with the magic fish of substance and the magic plants. The magic fish of curing doesn't prevent your fish from becoming sick, rather that it is quicker to cure them if this fish is in the tank. The magic fish of health is supposed to prevent the fish from becoming sick but I've never found it to make much difference. I have discovered that when you have all of the magic plants, fish can be starved and they still don't die. The fish only die if they become sick and even then you have to wait until their health bar diminishes fully.

I have no idea what the seahorse does either. Someone posted that it kept their fish alive, even if they did not feed the fish. By comparison, they said that all their fish in the tanks without the seahorse had died. But I have not found this to be true. Both the seahorse and non seahorse tanks of fish deterioate and die at the same rate. Have been testing this out and so far have not found that the fish become less sick or live longer etc., because of the seahorse.

I am beginning to wonder if LDW forgot to add the magic qualities of this item when they were programming the game! mad

#202378 - 07/09/09 02:41 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: CLshark]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The seahorse is programmed into the game, and it works. (And the magic fish is called the Magic Fish of Sustenance - not substance.) laugh

#203944 - 07/17/09 10:19 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: LadyCFII]
CLshark Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The seahorse is programmed into the game, and it works. (And the magic fish is called the Magic Fish of Sustenance - not substance.) laugh

Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me, then. I have been studying the seahorse and it's supposed magic qualities for a several months now and it does not make a positive difference to my game at all.

#211842 - 10/21/09 02:42 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: CLshark]
Amexyl Offline

Loc: GH
Noooo... is that the end of the thread??? I was sure all would be revealed by the end!!! Grrrr!!!!

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter