Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#131291 - 04/16/08 08:53 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: LadyCFII]
RadicalOne Offline

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The seahorse does take up the space of one fish, but the task of figuring out exactly what it does rests with the player. I'll never tell.

Are the effects at least good enough to outweigh the disadvantages?

#132490 - 04/20/08 11:15 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: RadicalOne]
Pookie9 Offline
Adviser

Loc: NC, USA
Reading this thread makes me want to go back and start a new game of FT. Of course, it will take me forever to be able to afford that seahorse since I'll have to start from scratch! \:\)

At least it will pass the time while waiting for VV3 to come out, but once it's out I'll have to remember to pause my fishies so they won't die of starvation! \:D

If someone figures out what it does, please post here so I won't be working my few brain cells to figure it out. \:D

#132615 - 04/21/08 12:21 PM Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: Pookie9]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
If someone figures out what it does, please post here

Don't hold your breath! \:\) No-one in the forums has figured it out in the time since FT first came out so don't expect an answer soon. ;\)

#138996 - 05/05/08 08:28 AM Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: arnie]
SecretSeahorse Offline
Trainee

Loc: Travelling through space-time
We could try...I bet its because no one ever tried hard enough..
LadyCFII, do I have permission to hack FT so I can find out what it does? (pretty please with a cherry on top)

#139096 - 05/05/08 03:53 PM Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: SecretSeahorse]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You obviously haven't read the forum rules, or you wouldn't ask for permission to hack FT. \:\)

Quote:
Posting or soliciting cheats, hacks, cracks, warez, piracy, any means of defeating copy-protection, or any behavior that constitutes a violation of local, state, national, or international laws or regulations is strictly prohibited on our forums.

#140514 - 05/08/08 09:46 AM Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: LadyCFII]
SecretSeahorse Offline
Trainee

Loc: Travelling through space-time
Oops...I'm so sorry...I promise I won't hack it and just sell fish until I get enoguh money...

#182076 - 01/22/09 12:49 PM Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: SecretSeahorse]
CLshark Offline
Trainee

Loc: UK
I don't think the seahorse does anything worthwhile.

Got so fed up with it using up one of my fish places for no apparent advantage that I got rid of it!

Haven't noticed anything different about the game:

Fish breed, age, sell, get sick, get cured, are just as hungry as they were before. I have found all of the fish without ever purchasing the seahorse too.

Perhaps it's more of an advantage at the beginning of the game (someone suggested L3 fish surviving in a L2 environment) and perhaps the reason that you are able to bin it is because when you have researched the top levels you no longer need it?

I have a couple of spare user slots so will play identical games, one with and one without a seahorse. Watch this space...

#183996 - 02/18/09 04:25 PM Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: CLshark]
CLshark Offline
Trainee

Loc: UK
I've been playing 2 identical games simultaneously. One with the seahorse and one without. I haven't researched any upgrades for either game.

I haven't found any differences between the two, though frown

1. Delicate fish deterioate at the same rate, regardless of whether the seahorse is in the tank or not.
2. I've made fish sick by overfeeding. Both games take exactly the same amount of food before the fish get sick.
3. Fish do not heal quicker because of the seahorse.
4. Fish do not sell quicker if the seahorse is in the selling tank.
5. Fish do not sell for more money if the seahorse is in the tank.
6. Fish do not grow faster nor have more babies if the seahorse is present.

I'm flumuxed. I don't believe there is an advantage to owning the seahorse. Other than it looks quite pretty in the tank. crazy

So, LDW, if there is an advantage then please put us all out of our misery!

#184242 - 02/24/09 04:32 AM Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: CLshark]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Please somebody tell us. cry Please? I want to know if it is worth the money of the sea horse.

#184295 - 02/26/09 03:13 AM Re: What effect does the Sea horse and ornaments h [Re: Havetia]
layol Offline
Trainee

Loc: pinata island
OKAY everyone after being gone for like a YEAR I have realized THAAAAAT.... I was wrong. XD IM SO ASHAMED T-T

please, paste this(or copy it) to ur url, i really need you to make an account on it!

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter