Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#242978 - 10/24/19 04:57 PM VVO2 - Possible glitch on Xbox One (trading boat)
Figbender Offline

Loc: Newfoundland
I believe I may be experiencing a glitch, or I may need some advice on what to do.

I just finished the dock and the trading boat showed up, so naturally I clicked on it, noticed I couldnt do anything at the moment, so grabbed a villager to do other things. While I was holding him, I got the "cutscene" where you are introduced to the trading boat and was prompted to go make a trade, and my villager was left floating in midair. I tried clicking on the boat but nothing happens, ever since then I am completely unable to interact with anything. I have tried resetting the game but every time I boot it up, I am brought back to the cutscene that says to make a trade, and everything is completely unable to be interacted with. I cannot click the boat, any villagers, or any buildings. I assume I need to do the trade to continue the game. The villagers are still going on about their business, and have even got the population up to 28/24 (it's been roughly 12 real life hours and none have become deceased, although many of them are now sick and I cannot heal them because I cannot interact with them). The tradeboat has also disappeared.

Is my game glitched or am I just missing something obvious I need to click?

I've also tried reinstalling, nothing.

The game appears to be in a constant state of saving too.

Edit: if this is the wrong forum please let me know and I will post it in the VVO2 forum, but I felt like this may be a technical issue

Edited by Figbender (10/24/19 05:02 PM)

#242980 - 10/24/19 06:46 PM Re: VVO2 - Possible glitch on Xbox One (trading boat) [Re: Figbender]
Keegan Administrator Offline
Community Manager

Hi there, and welcome to the forums!

We're sorry to hear you've had this issue with the game on your device.

Please contact us in Customer Support by emailing support@ldw.zendesk.com and provide them with details about your issue, along with your game's User ID, which you can find in the Options menu (tap the 'gear' icon) - they'll be happy to investigate this for you!

#242985 - 10/28/19 12:40 AM Re: VVO2 - Possible glitch on Xbox One (trading boat) [Re: Keegan]
Figbender Offline

Loc: Newfoundland
Alright, I restarted my village and the same bug has happened again, I have figured out where the glitch is.

If you have hold of a villager while a tutorial cutscene begins it completely soft locks the game and makes everything permanently uninteractable. This is a huge bug due to how many cutscenes there are and the unpredictability of when they will trigger. This is my second village lost due to this softlock.

#242988 - 10/28/19 08:05 PM Re: VVO2 - Possible glitch on Xbox One (trading boat) [Re: Figbender]
Keegan Administrator Offline
Community Manager

Thank you for providing this additional information.

We've responded to the email you sent to Customer Support and resolved the issue with the tutorial step in your game - please check your inbox!

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter