Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#232139 - 12/30/12 06:29 PM Smelling the room
Kancan Offline

Loc: Midwest USA
Why do family members keep smelling the room with the blue rug?

#232225 - 01/07/13 09:38 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: Kancan]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

Loc: Les États-Unis
Originally Posted By: Kancan
Why do family members keep smelling the room with the blue rug?

I'd also like to know the answer to this puzzle, or at least a nudge in the right direction! confused

#232293 - 01/14/13 03:05 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: Kancan]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

When I return to the home renovation menu, the information for the blue room says that construction had never been finished! I've already purchased it, so how do I get the workers to return to do what they've been paid to do? Is there some way that my family could sue the company for reparations?

#232294 - 01/14/13 03:36 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: Ruby L]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Is there a checkmark on the picture for Bedroom 2? If there is, then nothing further needs to be done to finish the construction. The description of each room doesn't change, even after the renovation is complete.

#232295 - 01/14/13 04:23 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: LadyCFII]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

Yes, there's a checkmark, but the description says the room was never completed, and the peeps continually sniff at it! It's driving me bananas because I don't know how to make them stop smelling that room. Maybe I'll try the office air purifier.

#232296 - 01/14/13 05:59 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: Ruby L]
Unicorn

The descriptions for room renovations never change. That's so that you can see what the necessary renovations were if you look at them later. The checkmark is the only indication that the renovation is complete.

#232297 - 01/14/13 07:13 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: LadyCFII]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The descriptions for room renovations never change. That's so that you can see what the necessary renovations were if you look at them later. The checkmark is the only indication that the renovation is complete.

Thanks, Barbara, I did understand when you said the descriptions do not change; it's just that the description for that room is especially irritating in light of the peeps' behavior! I guess I'll just have to have them do something else when I am playing and observe that behavior. Also, the logic of the game so far and that of the VVs made me think it was a puzzle to be solved.

Thank you responding. I've asked about this issue several times on various forums, including Arthur's FB site for the game.

Best regards,
Ruby

#232298 - 01/14/13 10:31 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: Ruby L]
Unicorn

Have you tried scolding your family members when they are smelling the room? If so, did it make a difference? There are a lot of things the peeps do that don't have any real significance in the game, and different players are going to view them differently. smile

#232299 - 01/14/13 10:43 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: LadyCFII]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Have you tried scolding your family members when they are smelling the room? If so, did it make a difference? There are a lot of things the peeps do that don't have any real significance in the game, and different players are going to view them differently. smile

Would I scold them for smelling something funny in the fridge, or smelling smoke from the stove? It would never have occurred to me to scold them for smelling something wrong in their home because they live there and can sniff out odors that I cannot. Popping a pimple, on the other hand, is immediately reprimanded! laugh

We gamers learn to go with the flow because game puzzles so often rely on the game developer's logic. You know, how in an adventure game, a glass cutter must be used to enter through the window of an abandoned shed when to our minds, that rock we have in our inventories should work as well! };-)

#232304 - 01/15/13 07:47 PM Re: Smelling the room [Re: Ruby L]
CerPer Offline

Loc: Wales
My little peeps smell the blue room too - I thought it was something stinky coming from the second bathroom!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter