Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 219 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#143201 - 05/13/08 06:42 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't much diversity [Re: kittenzan62]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Originally Posted By: kittenzan62
Actually, I have a Mod that was made by a VV forumer, and it has Native Indian's, very kewl, I saw one a bit back that had African American's, they looked very good, I'm sure a lot of work went into making these Mod's... Thank You to all who spend the time and their talent's, so we can mix up the game's a little. It's like playing a whole new dimension of the game. \:\) \:\) \:\)

The mods do indeed add a new dimension to the games; it's like playing a whole new game. The African Amercian tribe mod was made by Jazzo. And what i love about it is that there are villagere who are very, dark, dark, mocha (like me) and still fair skin. Jazzo covered the bases and I am enjoying it much. If you have pictures of your Native American tribe, I would love to see them.

Attachments
4034-TheNewTribe.jpg

4035-IannaandTye.jpg

Edited by MochaJew (05/13/08 06:43 PM)

#143207 - 05/13/08 06:50 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't much diversity [Re: MochaJew]
kittenzan62 Offline
Expert

Loc: Clearwater, Florida, US
Ahhhh Mocha! Those are great! I don't know how to post my shot's , Ive tried my heart out! followed Lady's direction's, went online, I just can't seem to make head's or tail's of it, like I said before... "I am The Puter Tard!" your villager's look good! I couldnt get that mod to work for me, probley something i did i'm sure, but the native american mod is up and running great, I added the Plants to my village too... It's cozy in there! LOL \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)

#143219 - 05/13/08 06:58 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't much diversity [Re: kittenzan62]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Kitten;
My husband just brought me a new laptop and I was having the same problems you were having. So I called the company and they walked me through each of the steps. In my case, to print a picture of my game I have to hit the keys "fn" and "prt sc" at the same time and then go to print, open edit and then hit paste, and there is the picture. That is what you might have to do with yours. Nor could I download the Jazzo's mod, so the company helped me with that as well. Give it a try. It can't hunt.

#143245 - 05/13/08 07:35 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't much diversity [Re: MochaJew]
kittenzan62 Offline
Expert

Loc: Clearwater, Florida, US
OH Mocha! If you only knew how OLD this Puter is, so sad, it's been built. and Re-built! LOL! My Boyfriend get's the super-Puter, he's the puter god in our house since my Son's moved out...I wouldn't even know who to call? It has part's from about 10 computer's! Boyfriend say's he's going to help me get pic's but he work's out on the boat's , gone alot and when he get's home I don't wanna _bug_ him, so tired, but he keep's promising... we shall see. Thank's for the info though, Your Hubby must be a real Sweetie, Puter's don't come cheap, Your worth it! I'm sure it help's you stay in touch w/ him so far away... didn't have anything like that when I was an Army Wife... I just followed him to all his bases, last one was in Germany, He Was a Cobra Helicopter Pilot... Sad to say, He died on winter maneuvers, our youngest son was just 9 month's old, and in a foreign land, I was so lost, You stay positive Girl! This is gonna be over soon, well have our Boy's back where they belong! \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)

#143262 - 05/13/08 08:11 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't much diversity [Re: kittenzan62]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

First, I am sorry for the lost of your first husbnd. My dad also died of war injuries when I was a baby. And it is true, they didn't have any of the tech stuff we have today. I remember my first computer; may it Ret In Peace. I couldn't do 1/3 of the things I can now. Keep your eyes open, you just might find a pretty good used one. And my hubby has promised to return to me safey. And he has never broken a promise to me \:\)

#197069 - 05/31/09 10:35 AM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't much diversity [Re: MochaJew]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
If it is still not clear (wasn't clear to me):

Let's say that there is only 6 heads, 6 bodies in VV.[lets say 15KB] (36 possibilties)

Now let's say you want to add black people. 12 heads and 12 bodies. [30KB](72 possibilties)

Hey! we wasted 30KB of space for just 72 possibilites!! If we don't add black ppl and add 6 white heads/bodies

12 heads and 12 bodies [30KB] (144 possibilities)

Now if we still go with Path 1, we need another 6 heads and 6 bodies if cross breeded.(18 heads/18 bodies] 45 KB [108 possibilties]

18 heads and 18 bodies white = 324 possibilities and 45 KB

So you get my point? Same size, but if we make half another skin tone it will make the possibilties over 50% less! Not to menction how much programming needs to be done.

#214772 - 01/06/10 01:56 PM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: emri]
Sabre Offline

I would like something like that in the game, I do think it's something that should be added somewhere down the line but we're not going to die without it for now smile

It would definitely make things more interesting.

Edited by Sabre (01/06/10 01:58 PM)

#223516 - 07/21/10 01:32 AM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: emri]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Loc: NJ
It would be nice to see the occasional mutant/ rare child be african american or another etnicity, but the problem is that all the villagers did come from the same island. Maybe the tiki people in VV5 could be different races, and we could mate with them.

#224141 - 08/09/10 10:43 AM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: Kikiann11]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Very cool mods, Jazzo.

#225563 - 11/06/10 05:35 PM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: MochaJew]
Brina Offline

Originally Posted By: MochaJew
Originally Posted By: Faeron
i meant that i would like for it to be "diverse" but easy programming meaning if that's what they gotta do to have a game right now then i'm happy.

and i agree with the part where you were saying which groups to add...

but thanks for the computer programming explanation!

When I said diverse, I meant in both skin colours, cultures, foods, maybe music, etc. You and I have spoken, so I know that you will understand that as a Bi-racial woman, when I say race, I human race and the various hues therefore. Since I raised this question, not only has Jazzo made a mod of africn american villagers, but someone send me one for Native Americans thatI am also going to try.

I don't have Virtual Villagers, I have Virtual Family, but I just asked the same question in the Virutal Family forum (new here) and someone directed me here. I, too, would like a diverse group of people in my adoptee pool. Not just white, not just black, but all kinds of realistic skin colors: Asian, Native American, Eastern Indian, African, European, etc... I'd actually been hoping for an African American skinned proposal so I could have an interracial couple, but when I kept getting only white proposals, I started to wonder if they didn't exist.

Does the developer ever make fixes/downloadable additions/updates? I would love a diversity update, because I find it really unfair to only have white characters in the game.

Edited by Brina (11/06/10 05:36 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter