Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#242735 - 03/09/19 12:28 PM Is there a walkthrough for the PC version?
LisaRae Offline

Loc: Australia
Don't know where to post this. Completely lost in forums and game. I have the PC version from BigFish and I can't figure almost anything out. I just picked up a daily mysterious crate and get told I got a puzzle piece "for now". What's this about? I can't pick it up, interact with it in any way and am completely ... distressed. I've frozen (paused) the wretched game in the hopes of not losing it, but do not expect it to remain there.
I have enjoyed all the VV games so far and usually solved most puzzles with reasonably minimal help, but I can't even get this one started. (First 3 puzzles solved.) Don't know what I'm doing. This mobile stuff has all stuff I don't know from and ...
Anyway, Is there a walkthrough or something to give a feel for the game?

#242736 - 03/09/19 05:58 PM Re: Is there a walkthrough for the PC version? [Re: LisaRae]
RudyToo Offline
Trainee

Here are a couple of sites that have walkthroughs but neither one has much info for chapter two.
https://virtualvillagerswiki.fandom.com
https://wwwsupercheats.comvirtualvillagersorigins2walkthrough

Not sure what you mean about a puzzle piece, what does it look like?
I have the BF version too and I agree the way they modified a free to play mobile game to fit a pc did not turn out so good.

#242737 - 03/10/19 12:24 AM Re: Is there a walkthrough for the PC version? [Re: RudyToo]
LisaRae Offline

@RudyToo

Thanks for that, I'll go see if they help. Mostly here seems to reference things I can't even... Are they even in the (PC) game?
[Edit: Second link seems to be broken.]

New Question:
Earthquakes? How? When? Do I sit staring at my computer for days on end in case one happens? I know I need ropes to explore the cracks, but what about the earthquakes themselves????????????????? (Yes, I apologise for the shouting question marks, but seriously...)

Edited by LisaRae (03/10/19 12:26 AM)

#242738 - 03/10/19 01:44 AM Re: Is there a walkthrough for the PC version? [Re: LisaRae]
RudyToo Offline
Trainee

The puzzles are the same in all versions of the game so any cheats you find on the different sites will work.
The earthquakes are random and happen frequently so you don't have to stay logged in for long periods of time and once the Lemur arrives on your island he will do the crack diving so you don't have to.

#242739 - 03/10/19 01:51 AM Re: Is there a walkthrough for the PC version? [Re: RudyToo]
LisaRae Offline

Who's a what now???

Can I PM you please? Edit: Urgh... The earthquakes showed up right after I posted this. Do you think you can help me as needed anyway (through PM) since you've completed the BF version please?

New Question: Does this game require a ... lot... of patience?

Edited by LisaRae (03/10/19 05:01 AM)

#242740 - 03/10/19 07:55 AM Re: Is there a walkthrough for the PC version? [Re: LisaRae]
RudyToo Offline
Trainee

You can pm me if I can figure out how to answer, I think it's under the "my stuff" tab but I've never used it on this forum, I can't even figure out how people put in the spoiler alerts, I tried to do it once but it didn't work right and there is not much direction on how to use and navigate this forum, it's way more complicated than the old BF forum and I'm not very good with this techy stuff.

And yes you will need a lot of patience and the farther you get on the puzzles the longer it will take to craft the items you need, some items take 48 hours to make and it's really frustrating. And if you spend the lava stones to speed up the crafting time then you won't have enough to buy the second or third crafting bowl.

#242974 - 10/10/19 12:21 AM Re: Is there a walkthrough for the PC version? [Re: RudyToo]
callielee Offline

Loc: TN
Aye, there's the rub. You can't spend stone until you have at least one extra crafting bowl. I am playing the BF version on a Mac, but I think it is pretty much the same. I found a helpful list of crafting items and took a pic with my phone. Now I can look up what I need.
This is going to take awhile, so if you are not comfortable letting the villagers do their thing most of the time, you might not like it. The important thing is to set it up so that it can run without you and not run out of food or villagers. A little planning is all. Oh, and when your people reach the end times of their life, I turn off all the skills so that they can do what they want and won't work too hard.
Explore everything! That means holding a villager up and hovering over everything you can find. Sometimes you can click on it and something comes up, but mostly a villager discovers things. Go everywhere!

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter