Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#242563 - 02/04/19 11:46 PM population cap?
ladiestorm Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I just have a quick question. Is there a population cap for this game?

I just collected the last magical fish, which completes my magic makers collection. Completing this is supposed to increase my population by 5, but it didn't. I should have gone from 36 to 41, but I still have a max population of 36.

#242566 - 02/05/19 08:35 PM Re: population cap? [Re: ladiestorm]
Keegan Administrator Offline
Community Manager

Congratulations on collecting all of the magic fish!

Unfortunately, we'd be unable to check your game to confirm why your population limit either didn't increase or if you simply didn't receive your Totem of Population as a prize due to the fact that you're playing the Big Fish version of the game.

As previously mentioned, for all support inquiries regarding the Big Fish version, please contact their Customer Support for assistance.

Thanks for playing!

#242578 - 02/08/19 04:52 AM Re: population cap? [Re: Keegan]
AnnEB Offline

Keegan, I've seen your answer for problems with the BF version. Well, getting any sort of answer and/or help from their CS is nigh on impossible for this game. Since that is the case, what can all of us with difficulties (totems that give nothing, boxes that freeze the game, etc, etc) do?!!! I love your games and want to PLAY them!

#242581 - 02/08/19 07:17 PM Re: population cap? [Re: AnnEB]
Keegan Administrator Offline
Community Manager

If you'd like to play a free-to-play desktop version of the game that allows for in-app purchases and comes with support from us, you can download it from Steam here (for Windows and Mac):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/949050/Virtual_Villagers_Origins_2/

And from the Windows Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/virtual-villagers-origins-2/9pdm6gwqb6zm

You can also play the game directly in Facebook or the Facebook Gameroom app on a desktop computer:

https://apps.facebook.com/villagersorigins

And finally, the game is still available for mobile devices in the iOS, Android, Amazon and Samsung app stores.

#242582 - 02/08/19 07:36 PM Re: population cap? [Re: Keegan]
RudyToo Offline
Trainee

I too have completed the collections and when I click collect I get totems and my population is stuck at 36 as well. Big Fish does not fix game bugs the fixes have to be done by the developers and then Big Fish will send out the fix through an update to our games, the only thing that Big Fish can do for us is give us a coupon to get a replacement game.

#242601 - 02/13/19 02:12 AM Re: population cap? [Re: RudyToo]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
So how do I use the Totems?

Clicking on them does nothing. Neither a child nor an adult are interested in them. And interest in the Mausoleum itself leads to adult's disappointment of child's incomprehension.

I have bought the Big Fish version, so I don't have a Store to spend money in.

#242604 - 02/13/19 07:23 AM Re: population cap? [Re: George T SLC]
RudyToo Offline
Trainee

The totems don't work right in the BF version, they sent out a update to the game today so check your game manager under options, I installed the update but it didn't fix the totems or population cap, I don't see any changes from the update.

#242611 - 02/13/19 11:17 PM Re: population cap? [Re: RudyToo]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
Thank you, RudyToo. I'm set for automatic notification from BF, so I too have installed that update, with no effect on the totems.

I wish Last Day of Work would send them a fix!

#242636 - 02/19/19 06:37 AM Re: population cap? [Re: George T SLC]
mamachi Offline

Loc: Denmark
I see you dont support the game if we got it from Big Fish. But maybe you could write down the problems to remember for the next update. You never get people from the cards. today there should have been 3 new people but again nothing happend. It worked on my Ipad:-).
I will now try the Steam version and hope it worked better than the Big Fish version.
I love the game and enjoy it very much on my Ipad.

#242661 - 02/22/19 12:17 AM Re: population cap? [Re: mamachi]
Virtual Player Offline

Question: Did downloading the update on Big Fish Games reset your village? I'm scared to death to do it, because I'm at the end of the game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter