Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#242513 - 01/29/19 04:21 AM Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
I have just opened the Mysterious Box to get the last item on its display. In fact I've done so 4 times this evening.

Each time, the multicolored box that appears has been added to the pile on top of the mausoleum's corner--and immediately the game has mostly frozen. I say mostly because villagers come and go, but I can't select them, I can't select the mausoleum, and I can't move the display to any other part of the island. Or if the lemur finds something, that info appears but cannot be clicked away.

Each time, I have closed the game after the freeze--most recently while letting it sit for several minutes in (vain) hopes it would get around to saving the action. Each time, I've come back and the Mysterious Box soon becomes available again, shining in the shallows, while the bright-colored little box from the previous iteration is displayed on the mausoleum.

In case it matters to know, I've opened the box w/ a different villager each time.

I now have 6 multicolored boxes piled up on the mausoleum. (One appeared spontaneously a few days ago for no reason I could assign, with notable tremors, and was added on top of one I hadn't noticed before.) I've decided to leave the blasted Box where it is until I get a helpful answer here rather than adding a freezing prize.

Note that I bought the game thru Big Fish, which apparently means that the gear button does not make a Help button available. If I need to contact their Help desk in order for someone to look at a file w/ my data, I know how to do that. However, I'm asking here first!

#242514 - 01/29/19 08:12 AM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: George T SLC]
love Offline
Trainee

That happened to me too so I just left it sit there while I did other things. The next day at the time I am supposed to get my new reward I tried opening it and it was fixed! I got a new reward. Give that a try and see if that woks for you, just wait til you are supposed to get a new daily reward.

#242515 - 01/29/19 10:06 AM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: love]
mamachi Offline

Loc: Denmark
I have the same problem. Now I have all the coloured boxes upon the mausoleum but it just fill the last column again and again. In the collection screen I can "complete" the second scene again and again to fill boxes on the mauseleum too.
The game is from Big fish. Please help because Big Fish alwayes just give you a coupon to a new game.

#242517 - 01/29/19 02:38 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: mamachi]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

That is not my experience with Big Fish. They have indeed sometimes thrown up their virtual hands and given me a coupon, but that was only after diligent work attempting to solve the problem.

#242518 - 01/29/19 02:40 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: love]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Thank you, love! (You make me sound lower-class British. ;-> ) I will wait until this evening and try your solution. I'll report back one way or the other.

Edited by George T SLC (01/29/19 02:42 PM)

#242522 - 01/29/19 07:14 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: George T SLC]
ladiestorm Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm also having this issue, and I bought the pc version from Big Fish Games. They don't even have a forum for this game. I have about 6 of those multi colored boxes on my mausoleum too. In the collections window for your interesting items and your magic makers, I have a collect button, that does nothing when I click on it, other than give me another one of those colorful boxes.

#242526 - 01/29/19 11:59 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: ladiestorm]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

They no longer have a postable forum for ANY game. They claim the software for their forums had grown overly wonky and wasn't worth repairing, so they closed them down.

They do, however, still have a Help department.

#242527 - 01/30/19 05:47 AM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: George T SLC]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Tried it, and it happened exactly as love said: Box opened, offering me reward #1, and did not freeze!

Thanks!

#242528 - 01/30/19 08:46 AM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: George T SLC]
love Offline
Trainee

George T SLC, Oh good, I am glad it worked for you. Thanks for letting us know.

#242534 - 01/31/19 06:44 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: love]
ladiestorm Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Mine worked too, although I still can't collect what ever prize you get from collecting all of the collection pieces.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter