Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#242537 - 01/31/19 08:06 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: ladiestorm]
connie9892 Offline

Loc: Winter Springs, Fl.
Worked for me also, Thanks love.

#242543 - 02/01/19 03:20 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: George T SLC]
Virtual Player Offline

This happened to me too and I was able to clear it by ignoring the box for one full day. However, a word of warning, if you do what I did and keep getting colorful box after colorful box, you will eventually cover the entire mausoleum. Now, although I have all my interesting things, the game will not allow me to collect them. frown What I am trying to figure out now is how to gain more lava stones. I keep reading about a store, but I don't see one, unless they are referring to the Microsoft store. I am very close to finishing chapter 1, we'll see what happens when I solve my final puzzle.

#242550 - 02/03/19 10:28 AM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: George T SLC]
ledheadmelli Offline
Trainee

I'm having the same issues with my BF game - they've already comped me a game and can only offer the standard procedure for freezing. I've updated everything I can possibly update, and there is no game forum whatsoever to get tech help or share tips. I don't care about the lousy $7 for the game, I want to PLAY it! The walkthrus and cheats I can find pertain to the app version, so are only so much help.
I finished collection #2 first, and noticed a box grew, but nothing else happened. Later, I hit the collect button again with the same effect. The collect button remains 'lit' but no actual reward other than boxes stacking up. I don't think I got a pop increase, either. I've fixed all damaged bldgs, built the new residence, dam, aqueduct and school, completed both collections and finished the first daily reward thing a few days ago (that grew boxes and froze, too, then fixed itself). My max population is 36. That seems low.
What was the reward for 20 crates supposed to be? And is there another set of collectibles after the first 2 complete?
Grrrr! I am so frustrated and exhausted from searching the net for answers!

#242551 - 02/03/19 10:41 AM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: Virtual Player]
ledheadmelli Offline
Trainee

The store is in the app version, with in-game purchases. The PC version from Big Fish is a onetime purchase of the game and doesn't involve further expenditures.
In that version, you get 10 lava stones from the little hut in the pool of lava, with a regeneration time of 24 hours. Also for completing puzzles and once in awhile found in the cracks. For some odd reason, the yellow statue puzzle paid out 200 stones, while most puzzles are 30.
My mausoleum is filled to the max with boxes, in stacks of six. Yay.

#242555 - 02/03/19 05:16 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: ledheadmelli]
littlecats Offline

There is 2 pc versions of this game. One is paid and the other one is free to play.

The free to play requires an internet connection to play, (you have to be online or you can't play it). It only gives 3 lava stones when you complete a puzzle. You have to spend real money to buy pets, lava stones, etc.

For those of you that want to play the free to play version, the steam link is;
https://store.steampowered.com/app/949050/Virtual_Villagers_Origins_2/

#243266 - 06/19/20 07:20 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: littlecats]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Loc: w. Tn
Hi all,
GBU all 2.
Here I "go again".
I was playing my game this morning, got the 20-day award, the multi-colored box, and the game "froze" and was on the "last" puzzle in Chapter 1.
I was getting back online with the game, when we had "another" power outage this morning, was down for 30 mins. We found out later, car tore down a power pole, no one hurt "seriously", PTL.
Got back "up", and the "loading box" in the game kept flashing, "Definitions loading".
I was "finally" able to "contact IWIN", as that is where I "bought" my game "plus" a disc. I wrote to them about the problem and what I was going to do.
I "took off" my first version of the game, and used the disc, "thinking" that it would be "a new game" like we did in the "originals for a "new tribe", but "nope", even with the disc, it "still" has the problem.
This will be the 7th time, that I will have/had to "restart" and "start from the 1st of the game" since I bought it 4/25/2020.
I have "never" had so many "problems" in playing the "originals". Don't know "what" IWIN did to the game to cause this "new flashing loading" problem.
Anyway, the "only times" my game "freezes", is when I get those boxes. Does anybody know "how many" there will be? I know they are for "increasing" the population, as that's what happens when I get them.
So I guess I will be "down/out" of playing my game for awhile, til IWIN "fixes" the problem.
Enjoy and good luck in your game.
GBU and yours.

#243269 - 06/20/20 02:01 AM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: crosstitcher]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi crosstitcher. In case your game data is still on your computer, try running the game again tomorrow, at least 24 hours after you last played. I’m sure you’ve read the earlier posts in this thread, where desktop players were sharing about a similar issue. They found that waiting until the next day before running the game again resolved the issue. Of course the game would need to be unpaused during that time so that the day could advance. It wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. With any luck your game will still be there and will run. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! smile

#243271 - 06/21/20 04:30 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: MissKathy]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Hi MissKathy,
GBU2.
It's been "exactly" 24 hrs. and kept my computer on "all night on" in my computer room with the door "shut" so hubby can sleep, and that "definition loaded" is "still flashing".
IWIN contacted me thru "personal e-mail", so I 'm going to "wait" all this week, for them to "fix their problem".
IMO, LWD should have made this one just like the others, "able to buy" thru your site. Thanks LWD team again for a "wonderful" game "when" I "can play".
Oh, and MissKathy? For "some reason", LWD "still has" my "old e-mail address in my profile. I have "tried" many times to "change it", but it won't change.
So "if" you or someone in "charge" on LDW could "update" my e-mail addy, it would be appreciated.
I can't send thru "any LDW's personal" e-mail, as they are not on their profile anymore.
GBU and yours.

Edited by MissKathy (06/21/20 10:39 PM)
Edit Reason: Removed email address

#243272 - 06/21/20 11:04 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: crosstitcher]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi crosstitcher! I'm glad that IWIN will be able to help you get your game sorted. smile I went ahead and updated your email address for you and removed your email address from your post.

If you ever need to contact LDW, I believe there's a "Contact Us" link on every webpage. Here in the forums it's at the bottom-right. Click the link and it'll take you to our Support site where you'll find a number of helpful articles. If none of them address your issue, or you need more help, there's a Submit a request link at the top right on the Support page. I hope this helps. smile

#243274 - 06/24/20 11:15 PM Re: Game frozen on last reward from mysterious box [Re: MissKathy]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Hey MissKathy,
GBU2.
Thanks about the e-mail.
"Still working" with IWIN on my game. So far "nothing". Still getting that message in the red loading area, "Definitions loaded".
Will let you know "in jumping jacks and turns", when I will be able to play again.
Hubby's getting a "little annoying and peeved" about it.
Think my "tribe" are all adults now. Most likely will have to "restart" a new game, "when or if" I can play it again.
GBU and yours.

Edited by crosstitcher (06/24/20 11:18 PM)
Edit Reason: added more information

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter