Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237017 - 03/26/14 08:33 PM Virtual Villagers 5: Worst one ever!
KatrinaActs Offline

I've played all of the Virtual Villagers games. I keep them, pass them, replay them. I have to say, I really hate this one. This game is for people with nothing else to do. You literally have to babysit the game all the way to the end. If you leave your villagers for anywhere past a couple hours, they will likely starve. I've solved just about all of the puzzles, except the "Filthy Encampment", which I'm going to have to convert all the yellow and red masks to do, with some earthquakes I guess.

Now, I've had to sit at this computer, pausing the game, which sets me back with tech points. It's taken me 3 days of just sitting at this computer to get as far as I am.

I have to pause it when I go to sleep because I will meet starved villagers. THIS GAME REALLY SUCKS, last day. I know you wanted to make it more challenging than the others. But this is not more challenging, THIS IS VERY ANNOYING. Now that my villager are fishing, they will still starve because those yellow masks will keep chasing them away. In fact, the best food source has become the worst because it is the hardest to get.

Now, I'm deleting the whole thing because I'M SICK OF SITTING HERE ALL DAY.

I won't get to 800 Energy to get the Earthquake, because my Villagers are too starved to reproduce, in order for me to gain energy In the end, you can't leave the until you actually finish it. That sucks.

#237024 - 03/28/14 01:19 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 5: Worst one ever! [Re: KatrinaActs]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
I don't like it as much as I do the others, but I'd never say it sucks. LDW works hard on each game they put out. LDW was the very first game developers I fell in love with, and I might not be here like I used to be, and I might not buy all their games, wait I pretty much have lol, but I'd never tell them that a game that took them ages to create for us sucked. Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but this could have been phrased differently.

#237050 - 04/03/14 04:35 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 5: Worst one ever! [Re: esther1981]
Laraeaf Offline

Guys,
Please help me out!
I've done every single task except converting the chief, some orange masks, the master heathen scientist and getting fish in the lake.

I am having MAJOR difficulties converting the master scientist heathen. I did the dropping a master scientist on the board and its been a day now and the little light above the master scientist heathen WILL NOT go away - no matter how long I wait. I did drop the master scientist on the board a few times when the light was still there, just guessing what I was meant to do, but I don't think that would cause it. People say the light is meant to go away after a couple of hours and then you have to repeat the drawing board step 2 more times but I can't repeat it because the guy's light won't go away. What should I do? Is this a glitch or an error on my part?
Without the last necklace piece I don't have enough energy to get the chief converted or to put fish in the lake...

I think the other Virtual Villagers were all slightly better and I actually think it was more obvious in number 5 what you were meant to do at each step. And I found it WAY easier to keep the villagers fed in this one.

#237293 - 07/21/14 09:53 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 5: Worst one ever! [Re: Laraeaf]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
I have to correct my above response. I was without internet for 2 1/2 months. During that time, I started a tribe on VV5 and was able to solve the puzzles with minimal frustration. I used my sisters phone to look at a couple answers but for the most part I completed them without help. So I revise my earlier statement, it is an awesome game!

#242462 - 01/11/19 08:30 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 5: Worst one ever! [Re: KatrinaActs]
Ruth Lucero Offline

I am enjoying #5 and I'm nearly 70. You have to set an alarm so you can be there when harvest comes. I had trouble with starving in other vv games but not this one. Just make sure they harvest it all. Put them all on it. The yellow masks can usually be distracted with butterflies, specially young ones. and all the kids come and jump around. I love watching them.

#242463 - 01/11/19 08:40 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 5: Worst one ever! [Re: esther1981]
Ruth Lucero Offline

I found it easier to get the mausoleum totem down by pausing the game then moving builders in with master on the box where he will build. Then hit my master builder with the time speed. It won't take effect til I go to options and hit fast then return. He usually doesn't run away that way. Then I hit red and yellow masks with lightening. when yellow masks start to interfere I give thm butterflies to play with. Use lightening again if red masks come back.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter