Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
02/24/24 09:16 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy, Alice Arthagon
30707 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30707 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237252 - 06/16/14 03:48 PM Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Hi Everyone!

How are you all doing? I'm great, thanks. Working on something new from Italy for the next few months...more details soon.

Listen, a lot of you fine folks have asked for us to get some more of our newer games up on Steam (they stopped taking our games after a while a couple years ago...I'm not sure why). Well, we just listed it on Steam's Greenlight program, which means if enough people vote YES on it, it will be made available for sale on Steam.

I personally love Steam and I find it a very convenient way to buy/store/play games. If you'd like to support us, or you'd like to see VF2 (and eventually the missing VV games?) up on Steam, please take a few seconds to hop over there and vote YES on the game. You can use the link below.

I'll update everyone as to how it is going and if/when it gets approved. Thanks, as always, for everyone's wonderful loving and continued support!!

Here is the link: Virtual Families 2 Greenlight

-Arthur

#242297 - 09/14/18 06:10 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight [Re: Arthur]
InPinkClover Offline

Loc: AZ, USA
I just realized that I am missing this in my collection of LDW games. I see that you charge $10 here & $8 on Steam. I don't understand why you would charge more (since Steam charges a fee). Is there a difference in the versions or anything? Thanks in advance for your response. smile

Edited by InPinkClover (09/14/18 08:53 PM)

#242301 - 09/17/18 01:48 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight [Re: InPinkClover]
Keegan Administrator Offline
Community Manager

Thanks for your question! There are no differences between these two versions; the recently-released Steam version is a direct port of the existing desktop game. Thanks for playing!

#242389 - 11/15/18 04:03 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight [Re: Keegan]
Ezra Offline

I just realized that I am missing this in my collection of LDW games. I see that you charge $10 here & $8 on Steam. I don't understand why you would charge more (since Steam charges a fee). Is there a difference in the versions or anything? Thanks in advance for your response.

#242390 - 11/15/18 08:51 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight [Re: Ezra]
Community Manager

Hi Ezra! We answered the same question above when InPinkClover asked - there are no differences between the LDW and Steam versions. Let us know if you have any other questions!

#242391 - 11/16/18 05:51 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight [Re: Keegan]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

It is interesting that they used same exact pharagraphs. crazy

But what i am wondering is, how do you sell Steam version for a lower price compared to Bluesnap version?

Edited by Hydra14 (11/16/18 05:51 PM)

#242392 - 11/16/18 08:12 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight [Re: Hydra14]
Community Manager

While we can't comment on the specifics of the pricing, different platforms charge different rates for hosting and bandwidth in order to supply players with our games.

#243425 - 10/27/20 09:39 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight [Re: Arthur]
Garlan Offline

Originally Posted By: Arthur123
Hi Everyone!

How are you all doing? I'm great, thanks. Working on something new from Italy for the next few months...more details soon.

Listen, a lot of you fine folks have asked for us to get some more of our newer games up on Steam (they stopped taking our games after a while a couple years ago...I'm not sure why). Well, we just listed it on Steam's Greenlight program, which means if enough people vote YES on it, it will be made available for sale on Steam.

I personally love Steam and I find it a very convenient way to buy/store/play games. If you'd like to support us, or you'd like to see VF2 (and eventually the missing VV games?) up on Steam, please take a few seconds to hop over there and vote YES on the game. You can use the link below.

I'll update everyone as to how it is going and if/when it gets approved. Thanks, as always, for everyone's wonderful loving and continued support!!

Here is the link: Virtual Families 2 Greenlight

-Arthur

what i am wondering is, how do you sell Steam version for a lower price compared to Bluesnap version?

#243449 - 11/08/20 07:20 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 on Steam Greenlight [Re: Garlan]
Agentqutip Offline

Loc: Canada
i have no idea

Moderator:  LadyCFII, MissKathy, Rockmower, Xay 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter