Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 226 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#242348 - 10/17/18 07:43 PM Thank you!
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
I've played Plant Tycoon on and off since I first got it, back in 2007. I usually play big, meaty role-playing games, like The Witcher or Baldur's Gate, but sometimes I'm in the mood for a game where nobody's trying to kill me. smile

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of September, and I've been home since then, recovering from a mastectomy. Not only am I not in the mood to play a game where someone's trying to kill me -- my own body is handling that already, thanks -- but I'm not healthy enough to be alert enough to play such a game.

But Plant Tycoon is there! I can play in brief periods, which matches my recovering-from-surgery energy level, and there's something soothing and uplifting about growing pretty flowers, even electronic ones. Though I wish I never had to grow those Venomous ones. laugh

So, I just wanted to say thanks! I know that game developers mostly hear from people who have a problem with a game, and I wanted to let you know that you were helping a sick person during her recovery. I start chemotherapy next week, which everyone tells me is MUCH worse than surgery, but luckily Last Day of Work makes games that can be played in brief snatches of time, which works very well with the amount of energy that sick people have.

I played Virtual Villagers long ago, but can't figure out where, so I just bought another copy, directly from LDW this time, so I'd have another game suitable for playing in fits and starts during chemo.

Anyway, thanks so much! (I'm not at my best while ill, so I hope this post made sense.)

Edited by Corylea (10/17/18 08:07 PM)

#242355 - 10/18/18 08:33 PM Re: Thank you! [Re: Corylea]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Hi, Corylea,

We are sad to hear of your battle with cancer, and we do hope and pray that your treatment leads to a full recovery.

We are always very pleased when we hear how our games have helped someone through hard times. It really makes what we do seem like more than just making games. We are in awe of how our work touches people in amazing ways!

Thank you so much for sharing with us and for being part of our "family" for such a long time!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter