Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#242209 - 07/26/18 08:16 PM [spoilers] Pipe and ore
Bearz Offline

Sorry if this has been done before, but I seem to be stuck on puzzle 22
Click to reveal..
I’ve made 2x ore and 2 x forge buckets, but I can’t get my chief to select either. I put him on the crafting hut and all that shows up is rope, pie ingredients, fertiliser, dough and squirrel food.
I have no crafting option for pipe, and from everything I’ve read around the place it’s an anvil job, not a crafting one... So, how do I get the pipe please?
Everything else done, just this last puzzle. Game updated to latest version. All tech is maxed too.

#242210 - 07/26/18 09:57 PM Re: [spoilers] Pipe and ore [Re: Bearz]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Bearz! That puzzle is certainly a fun one, with multiple steps!
Click to reveal..
When you upgraded to Level 5 Crafting, the feedback was "You have upgraded your crafting technology! You can now craft three colored paints and planting soil. You can also make a water filter and lead pipe." Have you made and installed the water filter? If not, it could be what's holding you back.

#242211 - 07/27/18 10:25 AM Re: [spoilers] Pipe and ore [Re: MissKathy]
Bearz Offline

Hi MissKathy thank you, but it wont let me
Click to reveal..
I have honeycomb and cotton on bench, but when I try to build the filter it says my chief cant do anything with it until the reservoir is built. Reservoir is dug out, but I don’t appear to be able to do anything else, unless I’m missing something . Thank you

#242212 - 07/27/18 05:31 PM Re: [spoilers] Pipe and ore [Re: Bearz]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
That explains it. smile
Click to reveal..
Your villagers can't make the pipe because the reservoir is not ready for it. Sounds like your villagers still have some work to do on the reservoir. Just follow the clues, they're there. grin Here's a great suggestion from another LDW fan when you're stuck on a puzzle:
Originally Posted By: aoh
Drag villagers sloooowly around the screen and see what interests them. If you find something, drop them on it and see what they say
They'll usually at least give a hint.

It's also a good idea to try different villagers who are a master in at least one skill, although masters are not required for many things, they may be for some things.

Of course there are all kinds of spoilers online on how to solve the puzzles, but what fun is that? It's much more satisfying to work them out on your own, with a few hints here when you've been stuck for a long time. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

#242267 - 08/18/18 04:28 PM Re: [spoilers] Pipe and ore [Re: MissKathy]
Bearz Offline

Click to reveal..
Well that was weird. It made me wait for absolutely ages for the soft earth to appear. I didn't need to drag my villagers around to see it, it was a visably lighter track of earth going from the left of the reservoir to the stream. It was not there when I asked for help on this, and I spent days dragging my villagers all around for no aparent reason. I wish I’d been told that something needed to trigger that patch of lighter ground appearing, instead of having to flail around for ages. I still have no idea what even triggered it showing up! It seems as if it waited until I collected my 35th piece of Red Wood, which makes no sense, since I didn’t need anywhere close to that amount to complete the puzzle. Other than that, I guess I remain clueless.

#242344 - 10/17/18 01:10 PM Re: [spoilers] Pipe and ore [Re: Bearz]
Epresley1977 Offline

Hep how do I get decorated tree for red puzzle please

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter