Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#242082 - 04/25/18 01:38 AM Water Wheel
Sweets8503 Offline

Does something special have to appear to finish the water wheel?

#242083 - 04/25/18 10:41 PM Re: Water Wheel [Re: Sweets8503]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Sweets. No, nothing special has to appear to finish that puzzle. If you're ever stuck on a puzzle, here are 2 great suggestions from 2 other LDW fans:
Originally Posted By: aoh
Drag villagers sloooowly around the screen and see what they interests them. If you find something, drop them on it and see what they say
They'll usually at least give a hint.

Originally Posted By: Aviatrix
Back on topic: here's a general hint that comes in VERY handy. If you're not sure what to do, drop a villager on the crafting hut and see what is available for them to work with.

The original posts are in this thread.

It's also a good idea to try different villagers who are a master in at least one skill, although masters are not required for many things, they may be for some things. I hope this helps. smile

#242084 - 04/26/18 12:30 AM Re: Water Wheel [Re: MissKathy]
Sweets8503 Offline

Thank you but I have tried all that. Everything in the crafting hut didn't help. Not sure what I'm missing. Guess I will figure it out eventually.

#242086 - 04/26/18 05:20 PM Re: Water Wheel [Re: Sweets8503]
Lead Tester

I'm sure you'll figure it out. smile
Click to reveal..
If you do not have at least 1 of everything in the crafting hut, you may want to fill in the empty spots while you're figuring things out. smile Also, just like in previous Virtual Villagers games, some puzzles require higher levels of technology. Perhaps this one does too?

#242090 - 04/28/18 01:45 PM Re: Water Wheel [Re: MissKathy]
Sweets8503 Offline

I got it! Thank you Miss Kathy!!

#243213 - 05/24/20 11:46 AM Re: Water Wheel [Re: Sweets8503]
Scully Offline
Adviser

Loc: Cocoa, Florida
My crafting hut is bulging with supplies and all my skills are maxed. I crafted a forge bucket and took it to the anvil, and I also took metal there. Now it says I need another item in order to create the water wheel pin...but what? Every guide I've read says I just need to create a forge bucket and metal.

Side note: When I played this a few years ago, I was able to get extra lavastones by watching ads. I don't know why you disabled that, but please reenable it. That was the most useful feature of the entire game. Thank you.

#243214 - 05/24/20 08:41 PM Re: Water Wheel [Re: Scully]
Lead Tester

Hi Scully! Are you on Chapter 1 or Chapter 2?
Click to reveal..
Assuming you are on Chapter 2, metal and a forge bucket should indeed create a pin for the water wheel. You'll need more than 1 pin.
Have you tried dropping a perfect villager or chief on the crafting hut to see what else is available for them to use? When you dropped your villager on the anvil, was there any mention of needing a higher level Construction Technology?

If you continue to have issues and would like us to review your game, we'd be more than happy to do so. In your game, please tap/click on the 'gear' icon and then the 'Help' button to send a message to Customer Support, or email support@ldw.zendesk.com, along with your User ID (which you'll find in the Options menu under the same 'gear' icon). Good luck! smile

#243215 - 05/25/20 11:32 AM Re: Water Wheel [Re: MissKathy]
Scully Offline
Adviser

I'm still on Chapter 1. All the guides I've been studying say the Water Wheel is a chapter 1 puzzle.

Yes, I have dropped my chief on the crafting hut. Nothing is available for her to use. And no, I don't need higher level Construction. I'm maxed out on everything.

Edited by Scully (05/25/20 11:43 AM)

#243220 - 05/26/20 04:22 PM Re: Water Wheel [Re: Scully]
Lead Tester

Hi Scully. In VVO2 Chapter 1,
Click to reveal..
the metal and forge bucket that your villagers placed at the anvil should be used to create a center piece for the water wheel. You’ll need to create 2 center pieces. If you’ve already done that, then your villagers need to attach them to the water wheel.
That being said, there could be a few reasons why you’re getting a message at the anvil that says that something else is needed. Are you able to send a message to Customer Support through the 'Help' button within your game and explain your situation?

#243222 - 05/26/20 09:48 PM Re: Water Wheel [Re: MissKathy]
Scully Offline
Adviser

Kathy, there is no Help button within my game's Options screen. And there's no ID, either. It says Version: 2.3.27 ID: and then there's nothing after the ID.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter