Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
02/24/24 09:16 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy, Alice Arthagon
30707 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30707 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#241775 - 11/03/17 12:02 PM Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC
DcD2510 Offline

Hello, I am an LDW fan from Australia, My Nanna got me interested in VV, she used to tell me excitedly, a new VV is coming out and I would jump for joy, When I told her about the new one coming she was excited but also sad that she won't be able to play it on PC.

I ask you LDW to bring the new VV to PC, and to support 1080p Full HD as well, I have an IPad Mini first gen and I know that IPads don't have great graphics, not even later ones, I would love for my Nanna to be able to play it and I myself would love to play it, I have a 1080p Screen Laptop, it would display the graphics amazingly, I love your Games and would happily pay $10 for bigger screen and better graphics as well as no Micro transactions.

Thankyou.

#241801 - 11/23/17 03:27 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: DcD2510]
lurker76 Offline

DcD I am in the boat my parents BOTH enjoy it and they are not touchscreen or roller mouse savvy. Fingers crossed they bring VV Origins 2 out on PC
I'd pay to see my folks happy.
Thank You LDW ... THINK ABOUT IT?? PLEASE??

#241810 - 11/25/17 11:32 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: lurker76]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Hey as long as we're all wishing, I'll throw my hat in the ring! laugh

Sadly, I doubt this will happen though. Reading through Arthur's old posts on the subject, it just looks like the market just isn't big enough to support PC versions of the new games. cry

Personally, I just play it on my 3rd Generation iPad. I talked to a couple of friends who say the game also plays well on a larger Android tablet.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#241812 - 11/26/17 11:20 AM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: DcD2510]
LoopyLou Offline

Loc: Birmingham, UK
I have been playing on Samsung Tab A 6,10inch. It works well and is very easy to zoom in and out by pinch. Older generations wont have a problem with something like that From what I've been told, the graphics are better on Samsung than ipad.

As for pc version. highly doubtful as the market demands mobile games so the team have to put their resources where the revenue is, for now at least.

#241854 - 12/19/17 10:46 AM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: LoopyLou]
freelance52 Offline

It would be nice to have VV2 Origins on PC - remember that it was the PC gaming community who bought these games and supported you earlier in your development - so a little thought to their needs would be nice. I bought all your VV games but never play games on my phone or ipad - I like my big screen PC, my coffee, soft, comfy chair and uninterrupted time to play!

#241897 - 01/05/18 07:13 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: freelance52]
Armada Offline

I'm using an Android emulator called Nox to play VVO2 on PC. It works pretty well and I didn't have to finagle it at all. Frankly I don't know how anybody would play this on a phone.

#241909 - 01/10/18 04:01 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: Armada]
Nizy Offline

Hello, I play VV origin 2 on pc !
I was like you, wishing for a new VV on pc, and very disappointed to see it was only on mobile, so I searched on google, and found something interesting.. Bluestacks ! It allow me to play mobile game on my pc. I have this since only 6 days, but no problem until now smile

Armada, I really agree, I play on pc, and sometime on mobile, and it's really hard on mobile to catch villager for example when they all stack at the same place.
I think VV's gameplay experience is not so good on mobile, but perfect on pc !

Edited by Xay (01/10/18 06:30 PM)
Edit Reason: combined 2 posts

#241945 - 01/24/18 07:50 AM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: Nizy]
eiyiyi Offline

I'm actually EXTREMELY ticked off that it isn't and probably won't be made for PC.

I installed the app and had to uninstall it 5 minutes later when I couldn't play it because it's not big enough for me to see or have control over it with my measly 7" screen size tablet. Considering my phone is only 5" it would have been pointless to even try on it.

As for installing a program in order to play it on my PC to have access to the app on there, in order to get a decent working program for that, you either have to pay upfront for it or eventually have to pay to use program for longer then a month (a warning for those who install those programs on your computer). I've tried them before and ALL of the free ones have issues after using them for a few weeks. They tend to start crashing because of buffer or memory errors with Bluestacks being one of the WORST ones for those issues.

Even if I did get a decent program, I discovered they are EASILY hackable. One of my friends and I decided to test it when he wanted to install one so he could put a few apps on his PC to be better able to see them. I found a video online that tells you how to hack into them and it took me all of 15 minutes to have access to his computer and everything on it. I actually managed to pull up his password file and bank account on the web before we stopped and he uninstalled the program.

I have bought and played every single LDOW game, especially the VV series. But now I don't even get to play the newest one of my favorite series games because it's apparently not worth the "effort or time" to make it for PC?

TBH, I think a BIG part of it is that LDOW is now as insistent about wanting you to spend hundreds of dollars (yes I had the app up long enough to see their "Store" and the prices they are charging for things) instead of the one time $20 - $25 you'd pay them for a game on PC. They want you to have to spend money regularly to make decent progress or even keep your villagers alive.

As of right now and for the future, I'm not spending anymore money on their games, app or PC. I've talked to quite a few people who feel the same way because of this latest lack of development.

#241951 - 01/25/18 03:03 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: eiyiyi]
DcD2510 Offline

I disagree respectfully with some people, I don't want to negatively rock the boat, but The in app purchases are not compulsory, and, yes they cost a little more then in VF2, but, LDW can't give people 200,000 Tech points for $1-$2

#241953 - 01/25/18 10:40 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: eiyiyi]
Armada Offline

I don't know what emulators you've been using, but I'm using Nox, which I actually got for a different game and different reason entirely. The only problem I've had is that it started lagging pretty badly once and that resolved itself when I restarted my computer, which you're supposed to do far more often than I do anyway. It's free and I've been using it since October.

Idk about hacking, but if you can make a text file on my computer that says "I told you so" then I will a) admit it's terrible and b) be really creeped out and uninstall the thing, but I'm gonna guess you can't actually do that because you don't know anything about me beyond my username, that I use Nox, and maybe my IP address. If someone wants to steal your identity they can just go to Equifax for that.

I haven't spent any money on this game. I've watched a bunch of ads for the premium currency, but I wouldn't even have to do that if I didn't want to keep reincarnating my one Good At Everything chief dude. My village is thriving and I'm halfway through the puzzles, have all the research maxed, and have several things set up for later steps. It's perfectly possible to play and (I assume) complete the game for free.

(I'm actually kind of glad this game is for mobile because I am totally broke and wouldn't otherwise be able to play it, and I love these games. But I digress.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter