Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Today at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186929 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#241592 - 07/10/17 06:58 PM Endless cycle after connecting to FB
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
I belong to a Virtual Town Facebook group. One of the players is having trouble and needs help from the developers. Here is a copy of her post:

I started playing in the beginning in Dec. 2015. I stopped playing for awhile. Well a few weeks ago my Kindle crashed. At first I was connected to Facebook then later I lost my 1st game & it wouldn't let me connect anymore. So I started over. So I now have a new Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I tried to download the game again. Right after I started the new game it asked if I wanted to connect to Facebook for $500. I said yes. Then it said it was getting my info. Well it keep saying it over & over each time giving me $500 more dollars. Meanwhile it keeps asking about Fish Tycoon 2 - not now or play now. This went on till I had $9, 500. It would not let me play. And it would not let me contact Support. I deleted the game & reinstalled it. It did this again this time it went to $23, 900. Still not letting me play or contact Support. Any advice?

She says that when she came on here and tried to send an email through your Contact Us, that the email address wasn't any good or didn't work. I told her I was already a member here so would post her problem.

Hopefully someone sees this and can help.

#241593 - 07/10/17 07:24 PM Re: Endless cycle after connecting to FB [Re: Simsane]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The best thing to do is to have her contact our LDW Help Desk via email at support@ldw.zendesk.com and explain the situation in the email. They will be able to work with her to determine how best to resolve the situation she's seeing with her game.

The Contact Us link went to an old email address for forum support. We will look at updating that to something more appropriate. Thanks for pointing that out!

Update: Aaaaand Heather has it changed already. That link now goes to our help desk FAQ page, where there is a lot of help already available for frequent issues. That page also has a link for submitting a support request.

Edited by LadyCFII (07/10/17 09:04 PM)
Edit Reason: Added update for contact us link.

#241594 - 07/10/17 08:06 PM Re: Endless cycle after connecting to FB [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

Thank you for the email address, LadyCFII. smile. I will give that to her over Facebook. Also, she tried to make an account here in the forums and got the message that her email was no good but apparently the email address she gave is one she has used for years.

#241595 - 07/10/17 08:10 PM Re: Endless cycle after connecting to FB [Re: Simsane]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It would be helpful if we could have the actual error message she received when she tried to register. We don't want you to post her email address here (for obvious reasons), but if she wants to try registering again, she can copy the error message she receives and include that in an email to our help desk so that she can get help with that issue, too.

#241597 - 07/10/17 09:19 PM Re: Endless cycle after connecting to FB [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

OK, I copied your last post and will paste it to Facebook so she can read it. I do not actually have her email. We are part of the Facebook group called Virtual Town Friends. It is a closed group (not ran by me) so if you want to see her posts, you will have to ask to join. She posted pictures there of what she is seeing.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter