Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#241577 - 07/05/17 02:21 PM How Do I Empty the Trash Cans?
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
I only started the game a few days ago, so I don't have much money yet, but it was clear that the townspeople desperately needed some trash cans, so I bought three of the wooden bins and placed them where I'd found a lot of trash.

Two of the bins still look the way they did when I placed them, but one of them looks as if it's full, since it has a mound of trash on top of it. I tried tapping the bin to empty it, but that didn't do anything. I tried using the shovel and the butterfly net on it, but that didn't do anything. I doubt one empties a trash bin with an axe, a machete, a pickaxe, or a watering can, but I guess anything can happen in a game world. smirk

I don't have to use a demolition order and place a new bin, do I? Because that would be stupid and ridiculous, and I really hope the game isn't stupid and ridiculous! whistle

#241578 - 07/05/17 03:07 PM Re: How Do I Empty the Trash Cans? [Re: Corylea]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

You simply don't empty trash cans, nor you're supossed to smile

#241579 - 07/05/17 03:18 PM Re: How Do I Empty the Trash Cans? [Re: Hydra14]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Thanks for letting me know!

The mayor already has a lot of janitorial work to do, so I'm relieved to hear that she doesn't have to empty the trash bins, as well. smile

#241580 - 07/05/17 03:31 PM Re: How Do I Empty the Trash Cans? [Re: Corylea]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

I agree, it would be painful if we had to do it after all those drudgery stuff smile

#241581 - 07/05/17 10:35 PM Re: How Do I Empty the Trash Cans? [Re: Hydra14]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Corylea. Hydra14 is absolutely right (thank you Hydra14!), the mayor does not have to empty the trash bins. smile

If you decide you want to move any of the trash bins (or other upgrade item you've placed in the town) just hold your finger on it for 3-5 seconds to enter placement mode, then move it to where you'd like it and confirm the new location. The demolition order would be used for a town upgrade that you want removed from your town and not have it placed in your mayor's pockets. I hope this helps! smile

#241584 - 07/07/17 11:49 PM Re: How Do I Empty the Trash Cans? [Re: MissKathy]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The trash cans empty themselves. In fact, seeing empty trash cans means they're not placed in the best position to catch litter and it might be best to move them to "litter hotspots".

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter