Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 76 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#228989 - 02/23/11 04:39 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Annthewhofan]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
Thats what I am doing I plan to make every one live for ever by using grant youth and revive. I would have to say grant youth is my first favorite power revive is my second ad hand of bloom is my third. MY VILLAGERS WILL NEVER DIE.

Edited by Cyborg (02/23/11 04:50 AM)

#228996 - 02/24/11 12:32 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Cyborg]
jake2000 Offline

i loved this game, i finished all the puzzles, but still need 3 power of gods, and i can't rid of the orange heathens that are hanging around that dirty campsite, any help any one???

#228997 - 02/24/11 12:50 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: jake2000]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Click to reveal..
The more villagers and relics you have the more divine energy you will have. The last three god powers are revive (requires 600 energy), grant youth (requires 700 energy) and earthquake (requires 800 energy). The earthquake is the only way to convert the red and yellow masked heathens. Revive will allow you to bring a dead villager back to life. And Grant Youth will allow you to make an adult/elderly person into a child. The person will go back to the age of 5 no matter how old he/she is.

Wait how could you have finished the game if you don't have the power revive? You need it to finish the lake puzzle.

#229055 - 02/28/11 09:55 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: RoseArienh]
RuthieJo Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas, USA
I too have spent too much time on zynga games and glad that VV5 is out. Something new to do.

http://dragcave.net/user/GreenDragonMama

#229058 - 03/01/11 12:46 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rockmower]
DariaMcBee Offline
Adviser

Loc: Dallas
I love the spiritual element of the game, music, and converting the heathens is genius! Makes it a more challenging game. Thanks for a another great VV game!

#229059 - 03/01/11 03:15 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: DariaMcBee]
Rychus Offline

Loc: PA USA
WOW'ed again! Loving the play ... the hand statue ... converting heathen is a hoot ... kudos again to the LDW team!

#229064 - 03/01/11 09:37 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rychus]
Wendigo Offline

Its pretty fun. Sadly, I broke my promise to not look at walkthroughs for help.

#229070 - 03/02/11 05:08 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Wendigo]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

My two cents' worth (hidden in spoiler tags mostly for the length ;))

Click to reveal..
THE GOOD

The graphics are wonderful, as usual.

I like the additional background on the storyline, although I have one question for the team: are the totems in this game derived from the totems in VV2? (Still living in hope that those totems are going to make a comeback, you know!)

I love the Hand of Bloom and Grant Youth powers.

I also love the Master Heathens, although this could just be because they're some of the (very) few who don't chase me around and make me drop stuff :P But I like the way of converting them (no wearing them down by preaching, no nasty divine tricks to make them believe; they're just convinced by the skills of my little people).

Likewise the conversion of the Sick Heathen.

THE BAD

Kids dropping collectibles/mushrooms. I actually don't object to them doing this because of heathens; it makes a certain kind of sense. However, there have been several times (not just in this game, but in all the others) where I've been moving around on the map, a kid with a collectible/mushroom has scampered under my mouse at just the wrong time and I've lost it. There are plenty of other village sim games (Farm Tribe, Gemini Lost etc) where you can pick people up without making them drop what they're carrying; isn't it about time VV joined that list?

Toward the end, there's a lot of sitting and waiting while you build up enough power to convert those last few heathens. (Alright, I know I can leave it running in the background. It's still boring!)

I really don't like the concept of 'Convert the heathen', although I've nothing against it on religious grounds. Yes, I know it's 'just a game' and I know it's conversion to the Isola religion of the Guiding Hand as opposed to any true-life religion (that really would open up a can of worms)! It still doesn't sit well with me. I mean, let's face it; I've never converted a heathen who is weak from lack of food, so they're obviously taking better care of themselves than my little people, who don't seem able to think without me wink If the heathens had been enslaved and needed rescuing, or something like that, I'd have been far more comfortable with it.

There's not enough of a story; you convert the heathens, destroy the totems (which I also don't like; totems are cool :P) and that's it. There's nothing to really take pride in, such as restoring that giant statue or planting the orchard in VV3. And no, restoring the lake doesn't count; you don't have to work at that, you just click a couple times and it's done.

Nursing moms STILL can't do anything! C'mon LDW, this has been requested right back to VV2; isn't it about time it was implemented? At the very least, they ought to get a pretty big Parenting boost at the end of it. And what about converting; they convert that nursing mom, why not other heathens? As someone else remarked; surely you can stand and talk at people while holding a baby?

The conversion of red masked heathens doesn't make sense to me. Why is it only an earthquake can shift them? I know people say they've managed it with the fog, but it's never worked for me. Inexplicable phenomena like butterflies and a swarm of bees appearing out of thin air, adults coming back from the dead and turning into children, lightning striking one of them on a clear day (okay, maybe that one IS explicable; I don't know, I'm not a meteorologist ;))...that's not enough to make them even wonder. But throw in a perfectly natural disaster like an earthquake, and suddenly they're not so sure. Put it this way: if someone was trying to convert me, getting hit by lightning would be far more of a convincer than a tremor.

AND THE JUST PLAIN MISC

God powers. There have been times when I've been grateful for them (especially the Hand of Bloom) and I LOVE the Grant Youth ability, although I haven't tried Revive yet. I just don't like the rest; for me, it takes away the whole research-discover-explore element of the games. I'm really hoping there's going to be a VV6, but I also hope that god powers won't be included in it.

I like the clothing hut, but can't there be something similar for heads (a barber's shop, maybe? :))

#229081 - 03/03/11 03:58 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: JudasFm]
Pga22 Offline

The reason I hate is is because... I CANT PLAY IT!!! I have a net book and is a VV fan. I would love for you to make the same exact game, but for people with small screens.

#229108 - 03/05/11 05:49 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Pga22]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

I just noticed something the graphics for the villagers in VV4 and VV5 look way better than the ones in VV1, VV2 and VV3. They aren't all pixle anymore they are smooth and look way more realsitic. But even though the graphics worn't really great in the first three chapters they were still great games.

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter