Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 222 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#241185 - 01/26/17 02:46 AM Wait a minute...can you spot what's wrong here?
supermiguel Offline

Okay now hang on. So, I just restarted my Virtual Families 2, right? So, when I put the man and woman together....this happened. Now hold on a minute...can you spot what's wrong here? No, the child is not adopted mind you. ....Can it be that...the wife perhaps....hmm. The question is...is Virtual Families 2 that in-depth, or am I just looking to in-depth into this situation? The plot thickens! ...If it is what I fear...I wonder how I break the news to Artor? Any advice?

(Also apologies if this topic does not belong in this area. I was not sure where to post this. Please if in the wrong area, let me know where it belongs! Thanks in advance!)

Attachments
What the.png

Description: Can you spot what's wrong here?

#241188 - 01/26/17 05:20 AM Re: Wait a minute...can you spot what's wrong here? [Re: supermiguel]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
This thread might answer some of your questions. I have always liked to think that somewhere in their ancestry that we can't see, there's someone with those genetics that happened to show up in the current generation! smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#241191 - 01/26/17 07:14 AM Re: Wait a minute...can you spot what's wrong here? [Re: Xay]
supermiguel Offline

Lol yeah I thought about that to initially but I thought this was a funnier explanation. I am surprised, in the former five generations (first three, then a reboot, then another two, then another reboot), all the kids that were actually the parents looked somewhat like the parents. This is the first time I am seeing one that doesn't. I think it'd hilarious. Definitely caught me off guard with its randomness. The rest of the kids they had together (excluding adopted ones of course, but even some of them) looked like the parents. But I think this one, the special one in the bunch, will be my new favorite to carry on to the next generation when it is time lol.

#241192 - 01/26/17 07:33 AM Re: Wait a minute...can you spot what's wrong here? [Re: supermiguel]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Xay
In VF1, family members fell in a range between the mother's and father's "heads". In VF2, the kids can come from anywhere in the "heads" spectrum.

VF1 has a basical genetics sytem while VF2 is completely random.
But even if it would follow real-life genetics system, it'd still be pretty possible to a blondie pop up from brunette parents. You'll probably learn more about it at school within biology class or whatever it's called at where you live smile

BTW i prefer VF2 one because you have chance to accumulato much more variety of head types. And also it has really beautiful hair colors that don't naturally exist in real life smile

#241211 - 01/29/17 03:24 PM Re: Wait a minute...can you spot what's wrong here? [Re: Hydra14]
supermiguel Offline

Yeah I know about the genetics aspect. Like I said, I just thought this was a funnier explanation. And it'd be cool if the game had been that in-depth. And yeah, some of the hair colors were beautiful, I got a few rare ones over time. But I did not know VF2 used random, that explains a lot. Thanks for the answers!

#241941 - 01/23/18 02:19 AM Re: Wait a minute...can you spot what's wrong here? [Re: supermiguel]
Misteedance Offline

Hello all, sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong thread. Just started my 5th generation and my dad looks Chinese. I have searched everywhere and can’t find anything that says other ethic groups have been added to the game. Has anyone else had this. Thanks for all your help🙋

#241943 - 01/23/18 04:28 PM Re: Wait a minute...can you spot what's wrong here? [Re: Misteedance]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
They have been there since the game was released, but it's easy to miss them if you don't spend a lot of time going through potential adoptees.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter