Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#225711 - 11/15/10 11:58 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: LadyCFII]
niteowl16 Offline

The seahorse doesn't seem to age

#229830 - 06/09/11 04:41 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: niteowl16]
hurrihottie Offline
Expert

maybe it makes the fish more expensive? so u get more money when u sell them?

#231068 - 03/26/12 09:51 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: Houjun]
wench Offline

seems to me my sea horse makes my baby fish grow faster.....i could be wrong though maybe ive just got used to the time it takes lol

#234516 - 05/26/13 02:34 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: LadyCFII]
Taco Freak Offline
Adviser

Loc: US
Does it affect the fish at all? Maybe it feeds them, don't say I won't tell, just say no or yes

If you have certain fish they'll grow faster.

#239266 - 02/02/16 03:44 PM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: Taco Freak]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Is it still a secret?

#239318 - 02/06/16 03:04 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: Hydra14]
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Loc: United States of America
Yes :|
I tried asking through support tickets a while ago what the seahorse did (twice), not a peep xD
Lol now I'm curious!

#239320 - 02/06/16 05:32 AM Re: What affect does the Sea horse and ornaments have? [Re: lorsieab2]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
It's still a secret smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#241161 - 01/25/17 07:10 AM Re: What effect does the seahorse have? [Re: wench]
SilkySpotanus Offline
Trainee

Loc: India
I bet it doesn't have an effect at all and it just looks cute in your tank, like an ornament. I'm going to test the theories in this thread soon (still have my game! grin).
1st theory:
Originally Posted By: hurrihottie
maybe it makes the fish more expensive? so u get more money when u sell them?

2nd theory:
Originally Posted By: wench
seems to me my sea horse makes my baby fish grow faster...

Oh btw, before I became a member on these forums I read this thread LITERALLY EVERY YEAR hoping for the answer to be revealed... shocked
And even if the answer is forever a secret, so long as somebody knows the answer, I'm ok with me not knowing wink

#241200 - 01/27/17 04:08 PM Re: What effect does the seahorse have? [Re: SilkySpotanus]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Wow! This topic has come back to life again (or is that again and again and again?)! Since it's been so long since I popped into this thread, it might help if I comment again for the benefit of people who are newer to the forums. laugh

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but Heather is right; it's a secret! Arthur has always wanted to keep the magical powers of the seahorse a mystery, but he also said that if anyone figured out what it does during their game play, we would confirm it.

I worked on every version of Fish Tycoon (desktop and mobile), and I can assure you that the seahorse does have a positive effect in the game. I could point to the exact location in the code where the effect is programmed. However, as borne out by the fact that nobody here has yet discovered the secret, the effect is not glaringly obvious, especially later in the game when there are a lot of other "magical things" working together.

That's all I'll say, since, well, it's a secret! grin

#241202 - 01/27/17 06:07 PM Re: What effect does the seahorse have? [Re: LadyCFII]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
especially later in the game when there are a lot of other "magical things" working together.

I guess this means we need to compare two games, one with seahorse and one without it. aaand it needs to be without Magic fishes and plants to make it clearer? I finished PT several times before but i don't remember finishing FT at all. so i may try it again and maybe solve the mystery? smile

I also want to point it out for everyone that Fish Tycoon for PC is totally free, so you may also try it immediately wink http://lastdayofwork.com/fish_tycoon.php

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter