Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#241146 - 01/18/17 03:39 AM Virtual Villagers 4 : Crashing Repeatedly
Chesire Offline

Hello. So a few days ago, perhaps about a week ago, I downloaded Virtual Villagers 4 to my Droid Turbo Android phone. I was doing well aside from struggling with food, keeping the population at 8-9.

Now, it was the free version, but I don't think that has anything to do with my issues.

So I was about to finish to seventh puzzle, where you remove the rocks from the pit in order to make a fire pit to cook the fruit on the trees beside it.

My Villagers finally finished it, and I was making them place rocks on the fire to make the first part of the pit. So far so good, then when my Villagers started placing the rocks in the fire, the game crashed. No big deal, maybe the game couldn't handle so many rocks, I thought. So I started the game back up, and it reset the pit progress to 12%. Annoying, but I started working on it again.

I was just about to finish it a second time, and again it crashed. It isn't like the game was refusing to let me continue farther. No, it had a prompt saying it had stopped working, both times.

Now because it took a week for me to be accepted here.. I tried to join the night that I kept having this issue, I uninstalled the game because I was unable to continue without it crashing, and I'd rather start all over than let my Villagers starve and start all over. If I know how to get around this thing, then I may play it again, but I always sucked with the fourth game, they always starved, so I tend to stick to the first game.

#241148 - 01/20/17 05:03 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 4 : Crashing Repeatedly [Re: Chesire]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I do apologize for the delay, Chesire!

Unfortunately, it is the lite (free) version of the game that has this issue. VV4 free is limited to a maximum population of 9 villagers, and it appears to be crashing after it reaches that limit (normally when a 10th villager would be added to the game via the Love Hut).

You should keep the population of your tribe at a maximum of 8 villagers to avoid the crash (and make sure that no villagers have a checkmark next to Parenting on their details screen, so that no baby villagers are created without your direct involvement).

If you are unable to open the game at all, the issue may resolve itself and allow you to open the game again once the population has dropped below 8 villagers (due to aging and loss). If this doesn't happen, the only option may be to delete and reinstall the game. Please note that everything in the game will be deleted, and you will need to start all over from the beginning.

This crash only occurs on the free version, and doesn't occur on the full, paid version of the game.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter