Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 207 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#241130 - 01/07/17 03:18 PM so; what happens next? (spoilers)
Ninja Penguin Offline
Adviser

Loc: 2 01’26.22” S 33 52’49.68” E T...
so... I've rebuilt every thing (pond, beach, stone henge, cave) and I got the note that was buried at the stones but I don't know what to do next; have I missed something?

#241132 - 01/08/17 05:48 AM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: Ninja Penguin]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

We're waiting for an update which Was supposed to be released weeks ago.

#241367 - 03/28/17 10:31 AM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: Hydra14]
Timonsgirl Offline

Three months later and still nothing. I'm beginning to think this game has been abandoned. I wish someone would tell us.

#241368 - 03/28/17 05:34 PM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: Timonsgirl]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We know that it's been a long time, and there are reasons that the update hasn't happened yet. We do appreciate everyone's patience, and you won't have to wait much longer. There is going to be an update soon. It's in final testing now, and it will be released after tests are completed.

#241369 - 03/28/17 10:57 PM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
Timonsgirl Offline

Thank you for letting us know Barbara, but why couldn't the delay have been posted in the thread where it was originally stated three months ago that the update was about to be released? Why are we always kept in the dark?

We are also often being promised updates and game launches that seem to never happen. A year and a half after the stated time of release we're still waiting for Virtual Families 3, and have no idea if it will ever materialize or if it's been scrapped.

#241375 - 03/29/17 04:55 PM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: Timonsgirl]
Unicorn

It's not our intent to keep everyone in the dark, but there are factors behind the scenes that we can't predict or necessarily control. We have more games "in the pipeline" than we could possibly do on our own, since we are working with another game studio in order to have more people working on them. The fruits of those efforts will be apparent soon and continue throughout the coming months.

I have been told that the VT update is nearly ready for release, so I posted that here. That's all the information I have at this time. We are working on ways to keep everyone better informed about our games and what to expect.

[As an aside, since this is the VT forum, I'll only mention that VF3 is still alive and coming along, although it's not finished. The three of us are working on it as diligently as we can. FT2, which was done by the other studio, is also nearly ready for for release. The other studio's work on the next VV is coming along, as well, although it's still a work in progress. smile ]

I hope this addressed your concerns about "game launches that seem to never happen," but if there are other anticipated games that you're referring to, let us know and we'll give you another update. blush

#241376 - 03/29/17 08:17 PM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
Rissy Offline
Adviser

Thank you so much for the update Barbara!! I love your games and look forward to the new stuff coming up!

#241520 - 05/31/17 09:51 PM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: Rissy]
Timonsgirl Offline

And here we are, over 2 months later and almost 6 months after the update was originally promised, and still nothing. I'm giving it until the end of June and if there is still no update I'm just deleting the game. It takes up a lot on my tablet and it just isn't worth it at this point.

#241523 - 06/01/17 10:51 PM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: Timonsgirl]
Unicorn

There is a Facebook post from a couple of days ago here that explains what is happening. In case you can't see that post, I'll quote it here.

Quote:

Virtual Town
May 30 at 1:00pm ·
Hello to our wonderful Virtual Town fans!!! We thank you all so much for your patience regarding the update to the game. We are still working hard on some hardware compliance and compatibility issues. We want to ensure your player experience is the best it can be. It is still not possible to provide a definite release date for the update, but please know that we will post on here with news as soon as we’re able.

#241565 - 06/30/17 08:27 PM Re: so; what happens next? (spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
Timonsgirl Offline

I'm deleting the game today. It's now been over 6 months since we were told an update was coming soon and we were then told the same thing over 2 months ago. We haven't had an update since last October. I just can't justify letting this game take up so much space on my tablet anymore. It was fun at first but it's just not worth it any more at this point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter