Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 238 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18
Topic Options
#237968 - 02/19/15 10:53 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: VF_Life]
meynaf Offline

Loc: Lyon, France
It is impossible for software developers to say "yes" to everything, the whole program would become a mess (this is called "feature creep").

However, a few suggestions don't hurt. Here's my list, should a VV6 come out :
- an ability to slap the little rascal if there is one like vv5
- special divine powers like vv5 but not directly linked to the population level, for those who prefer small villages (or at least a way to rejuvenate villagers, a must have for me)
- a way to import a handful villagers from previous games (even if they lose their skills) - i can't live without my Unagi cry
- a menu option to use right mouse button for moving the view (this would prevent unwanted villager hits)
- a confirmation when a large enough amount of time has elapsed between two game runs, so you don't find your whole tribe dead when returning if you forgot to put the game to pause
- integrate previous games as mods in the new one (that one's way more difficult :D)
- more character names and faces

#239363 - 02/09/16 01:01 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: meynaf]
ChaoticMoira Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I have looked around the forum to find anything I can on this, but I haven't found it. I guess this is a good a place as any to ask.

I am wondering if VV has been scrapped entirely? I keep up on LDW games, and enjoy them, but honestly, VF and even the new VT is only "okay" when compared to VV; although I do love the new 3d graphics in VT.

I know that it is a small company, and they have to focus on what sells and such. I am just surprised that VF is more popular than VV I guess. For me, VV is King!

Anyway, my hope, is that a part 6 gets made. I eagerly looked forward to every release of the former VV games. But it has been years; I miss them. If this game is no longer going to be continued, and they already announced it, please let me know. I did google and search tons to try and find that info.

Edited by ChaoticMoira (02/09/16 01:03 AM)

#240474 - 06/03/16 07:17 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: ChaoticMoira]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: ChaoticMoira
I have looked around the forum to find anything I can on this, but I haven't found it. I guess this is a good a place as any to ask.

I am wondering if VV has been scrapped entirely? I keep up on LDW games, and enjoy them, but honestly, VF and even the new VT is only "okay" when compared to VV; although I do love the new 3d graphics in VT.

I know that it is a small company, and they have to focus on what sells and such. I am just surprised that VF is more popular than VV I guess. For me, VV is King!

Anyway, my hope, is that a part 6 gets made. I eagerly looked forward to every release of the former VV games. But it has been years; I miss them. If this game is no longer going to be continued, and they already announced it, please let me know. I did google and search tons to try and find that info.

I strongly beleive it will be made
https://twitter.com/LastDayOfWork/status/613288555192954880
This is only confirmation we got though.

#240499 - 06/07/16 10:48 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: Hydra14]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Hydra14
I strongly beleive it will be made
https://twitter.com/LastDayOfWork/status/613288555192954880
This is only confirmation we got though.

Well, at least he didn't say a flat out "NO!" But frankly, ChaoticMoira, your guess is as good as any of ours on that score.

Come on, LDW. People have been waiting for the official stance on this for years. We're not going to hold you down to a release date, but how long does it really take anyone to make a sticky entitled "Will there be a VV6?" and post an answer in that sticky?

I appreciate you can't create stickies for every question, but this one has been asked so much and so often and so repeatedly that it seems like it would be worth it.

If you have to take time away from working on VF3 to create this sticky and therefore delay the final release date by, ooh, the ten minutes or so it would take to create the aforementioned sticky, I'm sure we'll survive it wink

#240837 - 09/25/16 01:55 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: invalidthirteen]
NickCamo Offline

This is my Idea

-[/b] The map is combine with VV 1-5 it will make the map really big.
- When a parent is pregnant the women have a big belly, Labor of pregnant women
- They can able to make building structure
- they can make Stores
- they can have electricity
-[b]
they can able to make transportation to the next island map...

this is really awesome.........

#240984 - 11/05/16 04:54 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV?
GeminiSparkSP Offline

I'm just gonna share my thoughts and ideas VV games here.

What I like about the VV series that isn't present in the VF series is the theme of reaching an ultimate goal in each game. Whether it's reassembling a gong or healing a tree, every game has an ultimate objective to accomplish, and along with that main objective are other goals that make your civilization grow.

Now, this series isn't without its faults. In my opinion, VV5 is by far the weakest entry in the series. I say so because of the side goals. In other VV games, the side goals are varied, such as repairing a construction, discovering something, etc. VV5's side goals can mostly be summed up as "destroy totem X". This takes out the feeling of growth that are present in the previous games. I also find VV5's environment rather dull, especially for a late entry.

Now onto my favorite entry in the series, VV3. I love this one so much. You have discovery, sense of growth, new mechanics, lore, and a very vibrant environment. If there's anything I have to be sore about, it's the usage of the word "faction" for a tribe sim game. Another point of contention is the rather underwhelming "faction" system. More of this on the next paragraph.

Onto the "faction" system. It feels like a missed opportunity. It's just a way of saying which perk you get from the start. I feel it should tell which approach you take most to solving problems and reward you for taking that approach. This opens up an opportunity for multiple solutions for solving a problem. For instance, you can either water crops and wait for a bountiful harvest, or use the chief's magic to instantly generate crops, only you get less.

Now my ideas for future VV games. You've run out of sections to inhabit. You've done south, west, north, east, and center. However, there are two directions you haven't considered yet: down and up. For these next ideas, I'm taking a lot of inspiration from a forum post.

For down, I'd imagine something like an underground city. Maybe the villagers found a way further down the crypt, and settled there. This may not be my most developed idea, but it's only because of my next idea.

For up, I'd imagine a village near the volcano's crater. Again, the villagers could've found a way up and settled there. This is where the ultimate goal lies: stopping the volcano from erupting. This is also a good opportunity to implement the two approaches I mentioned earlier. Either use the natural way and somehow clog the crater, or use the magical way and sacrifice something to quell the volcano.

All in all, I just want the VV series to grow further. Thanks for reading and considering my ideas.

#241353 - 03/15/17 01:00 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: GeminiSparkSP]
_Ashley_ Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I would love to see Virtual Villagers 3: Secret City and Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers in the Android Google Play Store (for free).

#241550 - 06/24/17 01:43 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: invalidthirteen]
_Ashley_ Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I would like vv3 and vv5 for free in Google play store.

#242144 - 05/30/18 11:10 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: Silverbeast]
BABIES0622 Offline

Loc: Canada
VV Origins 2

I wish that when I use something in the crafting hut and it doesn't turn out to mix or I hit it by a mistake that you don't lose it, some of the stuff takes a bit of time to come back and it really sucks having to wait to make stuff over again, and over again.

I'm also confused as to how you make the wooden wheel for the observatory.

Thanks

Edited by BABIES0622 (05/30/18 11:13 AM)

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter