Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 93 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#240753 - 08/02/16 03:53 AM Re: Mutating plants [Re: VirtuallyMe]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: VirtuallyMe
What was the error message?

The s.dropcanvas.com page isn’t working
s.dropcanvas.com didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Thanks for your work, I hope the link can be fixed!

#240754 - 08/03/16 12:27 AM Re: Mutating plants [Re: VirtuallyMe]
Brid Offline

Loc: West Cork - Eíre
Thank you for the cactus image, archi. Your picture is better than mine, so I'll swap them out & it will be in my next post. In the mean time, here is my latest copy:

PDF Version

As a side note, if you continue to scroll down in the PDF you will find there are more pages. In all there are lists of plant mutations, my observations on what plants have spontaneously seeded themselves & next to what other plants, & insects & their habits/habitats.

Ooooh thanks for the PDF file.. now back to mutation.. favourite part of my game, mutation experiments.. I love my Botanical Garden I can spend allot of time there and different areas of my lawn...I just learned things I didn't know and now though I'm overwhelmed with one particular kind. I see I can mutate back to something other than just the orginal common.. thank you....

#240756 - 08/03/16 02:33 PM Re: Mutating plants [Re: tygerkittn]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: tygerkittn
What was the error message?

The s.dropcanvas.com page isn’t working
s.dropcanvas.com didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Thanks for your work, I hope the link can be fixed!
FWIW the link is working for me.

#240761 - 08/04/16 12:17 AM Re: Mutating plants [Re: arnie]
VirtuallyMe Offline
Expert

#240789 - 08/25/16 04:53 PM Re: Mutating plants [Re: VirtuallyMe]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi VirtuallyMe! Is there any way you can re-post that PDF? When I click on the link it says:

Sorry, the time limit of this canvas has expired.

If not, I'll find some other way to get the information, even if I have to save and print the one on this site a few screens back.

#240791 - 08/29/16 03:16 PM Re: Mutating plants [Re: VirtuallyMe]
jrosew Offline

I've been playing VT for some months now. My stats are this:
Current population: 10
Cap. Project comp: 5 (all)
Town features: 46
Trees: 175
Plants: 685
Mayors: 18
Steps: 823,268

Minerals: there are 4 groups of minerals in the museum. Going left to right, I have all but the last one in the 3rd group. If anyone knows the name of this mineral, I'd appreciate if you would post it.

Plants: there are 6 groups in the museum counting upper left to lower right. This may be misleading since the plant names are in different colors. Group 1 is white ( these are the seeds you buy in the general store). Group 2 the names are in blue, groups 3 and 4 are pink and groups 5 and 6 are green. I have no idea what the significance of the name color is. I have all the plants.

Bugs: there are 3 groups of bugs going left to right in the museum. I have all but the last one in the 2nd group and the last one in the 3rd group. Again, I would appreciate if someone would post the names of each of these 2 bugs.

Comments on breeding.
There are 5 original plants in the general store. Taking these plants 2x2, they should produce 10 different hybrids. Assuming the name color is a code, there is no group of 10 plants that have the same name color. What this tells me is that at least one of the "white" plants (plant withe a white name) is not a purebred plant, but a hybrid. They may all be hybrids for that matter. This makes predicting what the offspring of two different plants nearly impossible because of the limitation to 700 plants. What is more revealing is to cross two plants if the same variety and see what they produce. My experience with the Daisy Lemonbush is that it produces only itself, leading me to believe that it may be a purebred. Still working this train of thought.

Comments appreciated.

#240793 - 08/31/16 07:00 AM Re: Mutating plants [Re: jrosew]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: jrosew
I've been playing VT for some months now. My stats are this:
Current population: 10
Cap. Project comp: 5 (all)
Town features: 46
Trees: 175
Plants: 685
Mayors: 18
Steps: 823,268

Minerals: there are 4 groups of minerals in the museum. Going left to right, I have all but the last one in the 3rd group. If anyone knows the name of this mineral, I'd appreciate if you would post it.

Plants: there are 6 groups in the museum counting upper left to lower right. This may be misleading since the plant names are in different colors. Group 1 is white ( these are the seeds you buy in the general store). Group 2 the names are in blue, groups 3 and 4 are pink and groups 5 and 6 are green. I have no idea what the significance of the name color is. I have all the plants.

Bugs: there are 3 groups of bugs going left to right in the museum. I have all but the last one in the 2nd group and the last one in the 3rd group. Again, I would appreciate if someone would post the names of each of these 2 bugs.

Comments on breeding.
There are 5 original plants in the general store. Taking these plants 2x2, they should produce 10 different hybrids. Assuming the name color is a code, there is no group of 10 plants that have the same name color. What this tells me is that at least one of the "white" plants (plant withe a white name) is not a purebred plant, but a hybrid. They may all be hybrids for that matter. This makes predicting what the offspring of two different plants nearly impossible because of the limitation to 700 plants. What is more revealing is to cross two plants if the same variety and see what they produce. My experience with the Daisy Lemonbush is that it produces only itself, leading me to believe that it may be a purebred. Still working this train of thought.

Comments appreciated.

The bugs etc are in different places for each player. I think it's the order you catch them, in subsets.
You're probably missing the banana slug or worm.
See the thread I started with complete lists, and you can tell by the process of elimination.

#240801 - 09/04/16 05:09 PM Re: Mutating plants [Re: Hydra14]
jrosew Offline

Nice job. Thanks

#240882 - 10/05/16 01:38 PM Re: Mutating plants [Re: sunshower]
B413 Offline

Hey guys! I'm new here so let me know if this is helpful. I have compiled a list of which plants mutate to which plants.

viola cactus ball=jalapa tree or hibiscus tiered cactus
four petal maple=mela rare oak or cactusbali bamboo tree
lemon maranta=blackberry ananas or houstonia banana tree
green ivy lotus=goldenberries caladium or ? (i think only 1 mutation)
lime daffodil=black orchid or sunflower fern
redberries cactus=mela rare oak or hibiscus tiered cactus
daisy lemonbush=cactusbali bamboo tree or houstonia banana tree
blue flower lemongrass=goldenberries caladium or black orchid
blue rose rosebush=blackberry ananas or sunflower fern
houstonia banana tree=daisy lemonbush or lemon maranta
goldenberries caladium=green ivy lotus or blue flower lemongrass
sunflower fern=blue rose rosebush or lime daffodil
mela rare oak=redberries cactus or four petal maple
cactusbali bamboo tree=mela rare oak or four petal maple
black orchis=blue flower lemongrass or lime daffodil
hibiscus tiered cactus=viola cactus ball or redberries cactus
blackberry ananas=blue rose rosebush or lemon maranta
jalapa tree=viola cactus ball or arthurium tiger fern
tigerlily willow tree=white orchid pitcher or roseceae
arthurium tiger fern=jalapa tree or white orchid pitcher
tahitian ridged cactus=roseceae or ? (i think only 1 mutation)
roseceae=tigerlily willow tree or tahitian ridged cactus
white orchid pitcher=arthurium tiger fern or tigerlily willow tree

#240883 - 10/05/16 01:56 PM Re: Mutating plants [Re: B413]
B413 Offline

[deleted per Forum Rules]

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter