Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#214666 - 01/04/10 11:25 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: *Erica*]
Sabre Offline

I'd go for ad supported, I've tried them before and they really don't bother me.

I usually just browse a magazine or go for a quick walk around the house anytime an ad comes on.

Originally Posted By: Houjun
I definitely love those games that you try for sixty minutes before you buy. Even though one might not be able to get a very good taste of some games in sixty minutes, it's an excellent option for the majority of the games. It's the only reason that I got hooked on LDW's games and bought them. smile If the games had limited options, one wouldn't get the whole taste of the games and, for a lot of people, they wouldn't like the game as well.

But I was just thinking.....surely in just 60 minutes you most likely wouldn't be able to get near the things that would be unavailible in the limited options version.....so wouldn't the limited version be better? Then you would be able to play the bits you would be able to achieve in 60 minutes any time you wanted at your leisure.

With the first option you're given the false idea that everything is availible but there's a time limit, so in a way not everything is availible because to get near the larger amounts of technology advancement you would need to keep turning on your game for like 2-3 minutes change some things and then turn it off.....and even then it might not be enough time.

Edited by Sabre (01/04/10 11:32 PM)

#216215 - 02/08/10 07:45 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Sabre]
123isolagirl Offline
Consigliere

Loc: *looks up* Huh? Where am I?
I fall in the majority group!!! Wouldn't you rather see all the features in limited time than play forever but not see all the features? The limited version will probably be like the online VV1 & 2 games-little or no tech, unable to pause, terrible graphics...sick
Originally Posted By: Houjun
I definitely love those games that you try for sixty minutes before you buy. Even though one might not be able to get a very good taste of some games in sixty minutes, it's an excellent option for the majority of the games. It's the only reason that I got hooked on LDW's games and bought them. If the games had limited options, one wouldn't get the whole taste of the games and, for a lot of people, they wouldn't like the game as well.

Totally with you Houjun smile
No offense Sabre

Edited by 123isolagirl (02/08/10 07:46 AM)
Edit Reason: Apology

#218093 - 02/25/10 06:53 PM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: 123isolagirl]
frogboy Offline
Expert

Try before you buy!

#218417 - 02/27/10 06:02 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: Carla]
bethlham Offline
Guru

I like try before you buy limited features. Especially in real time games the limited time can be problematic. As far as LDW games go though, it doesn't really matter because I'm sure I'll buy it anyway laugh

#237688 - 12/23/14 01:33 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: *Erica*]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
Try-before you buy.

#239847 - 03/20/16 07:12 AM Re: How would you prefer to buy games? [Re: *Erica*]
brainpirate Offline

Loc: VA
i like ad supported, because you get the full game, the company gets revenue, and then if youd like, you can buy the game and get rid of ads.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter