Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 222 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#239327 - 02/06/16 06:39 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Rissy]
gotweim Offline

Hello all!

Love this game!! I am also working on getting plant hybrids. Has anyone gotten a hybrid to grow outside of the garden??

I have had four hybrids grow, only in the garden. I have set up flower gardens in each houses' front yard. Yet, none of these plants have produced a hybrid.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

#239402 - 02/13/16 11:35 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: gotweim]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

I am the opposite, I only seem to get hybrids in the gardens I make in front of the people's houses. (Then I steal them and put them in my own garden).

Of course ever since I decided to try to get hybrids on purpose, I've not gotten a single new one. One of my besties gave me an unusual seed which I planted, and I regret donating it straightaway instead of first trying to get a duplicate.

#239404 - 02/14/16 01:21 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
gotweim Offline

Whispering Oaks,
What layout style do you plant your plants in?

I am using rows like this:

x = plants
H= hybrid

x xHx x x x

x x x x x x
H
x x x x x x

How many hybrids do you get a day? I am getting 1 or 2 hybrids each day... I have been using the highest level fertilizers on plants but do not notice it making them anymore apt to produce hybrids...

#239406 - 02/14/16 01:52 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: gotweim]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Same layout as you described, haven't noticed any new hybrids in a few day now though. I only fertilize when the plants turn brown and watering isn't enough. Maybe I should fertilize more?

#239414 - 02/16/16 01:36 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

I planted my seed in rows with the space/row between them. I get one not more than two hybrids a day but they are mostly generic, not rare. The ship with plants finally showed up and I was able to buy 3 rare hybrids which I donated and promptly bought extra for my garden.

#239421 - 02/17/16 01:34 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: mrspockfan]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Botanical garden full of flowers for days and still not a single hybrid. Bummer. I wonder if my mayor just has bad luck with gardening

#239429 - 02/18/16 07:30 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
ChaoticMoira Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I wish there was some in game hint on how the hybrids works, or even if it is just luck. Cause if it is just random luck. We could stop moving and changing things, or buying fertilizers and such..

I have been trying the space in between thing, but no empty rows. It basically looks like a checker board. The ONLY hybrids I have gotten were next to the rare plants I got by other means. So none of my normal plants have produced anything at all. I don't get one a day like others, which is interesting (and annoying, LOL), as it seems we are planting them very similiarly.

I also ONLY use fertilizer when a hybrid pops up and is brown. I am tempted to try the 3 tiered fertilizer and see if anything happens as it is the only one not directly linked to specific plants. I feel like it must have another use, but I don't know what that is.

#239434 - 02/18/16 03:30 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: ChaoticMoira]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: ChaoticMoira
The ONLY hybrids I have gotten were next to the rare plants I got by other means.

Interesting. I have never gotten a hybrid next to rare plants I purchased from the vendor, or grew from a seed given to me by a generous bestie. Never. I have gotten hybrids next to the common plants, but I can't tell you a pattern that works.

Originally Posted By: ChaoticMoira
I am tempted to try the 3 tiered fertilizer and see if anything happens as it is the only one not directly linked to specific plants. I feel like it must have another use, but I don't know what that is.

I don't have anywhere near all the plants (5 common, 4 tier 2, and 5 tier 3), so I've always thought it is for rare hybrids I haven't managed to grow yet.

#239437 - 02/18/16 03:40 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Aviatrix]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Seems like the only hybrids I get come from the blue flower lemongrass, or whatever it's called. I have about 5 of them in my garden and I switch around the plants that surround them to see what will happen. It also seems like I only get hybrids in a certain area of my garden, in the upper right and left corners.

Other things that seem to be happening:
Placing the blue flower lemongrass next to a level 3 plant gives me a level 1 plant.

Placing it next to a level 2 plant gives me a level 3 plant.

Placing it next to a level 1 plant gives me a level 2 plant.

This isn't solid, irrefutable research or anything. Just casual observations.

#239441 - 02/18/16 11:39 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
ChaoticMoira Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
Interesting. I am glad to see others are getting some by their normal plants. So at least I know that can happen. Sigh.. I have only had normal (level one) plants pop up - until yesterday; I got a blue rose yesterday.

Aviatrix:

That (top fertilizer being for very rare..) is a possibility that I have considered as well. The only reason I pondered other options is because of it being a white label. Normal plants are white labeled. I would find it really really odd if the rarest plants of all were white labeled, same as normal plants...

Sunshower:
You are not talking about the blue rose are you? I don't have any other blue flower myself. But I do have a sunflower. I have had hybrids popup by both, but not by any two normal flowers.

Edited by ChaoticMoira (02/18/16 11:40 PM)

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter