Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Today at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186929 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#238906 - 01/13/16 07:34 PM How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds?
Sippja Offline

Hey everyone!

Does someone know how to breed flower-hybrids ?

I plant the seeds one to another with one gap between... I tried several of fertilizers, but nothing happens after some weeks! What I'm doing wrong?

How is your experience of breeding plant/flowers?

Edited by Sippja (01/13/16 07:35 PM)

#238913 - 01/14/16 11:12 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Sippja]
synchroswimr Offline

I've had very limited success planting two right next to each other, with two spaces between one pair and the next. But I've only bred a couple of new plants that way. I'm working on a breeding spreadsheet, and it is rather sad these days, lol

The flower breeding has,been frustrating to me.

#239043 - 01/21/16 08:06 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: synchroswimr]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

I managed to get a hybrid on my 2nd or 3rd day of playing, without even trying. I see another one is growing today. I'm not even trying to get them. I'm just planting different flowers randomly next to each other, some with spaces and some without.

#239073 - 01/22/16 08:21 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Rissy Offline
Adviser

My question is, if I sell my new hybrid plant to the store, will I be able to buy seeds for that plant? I don't want to donate it until I can get replicas of it.

#239078 - 01/23/16 02:11 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Rissy]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Answer:
Click to reveal..
No, you won't be able to buy hybrid seeds in the store. I can't think of a time when I've sold a hybrid. I tend to build a garden with them in hopes of getting a more rare hybrid. I donate one of each flower to the museum, usually after I have two but sometimes the only one I have. You might get replicas in the same spot in the garden where the first hybrid spawned among common flowers, so maybe leave that alone and keep a watchful eye. (I am NOT an expert in hybrids in VT.)

#239094 - 01/24/16 12:01 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Aviatrix]
Rissy Offline
Adviser

Thank you. Certainly helps me make decisions

#239300 - 02/04/16 05:52 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Rissy]
Jennschu3 Offline

I'm new to forums, I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly but I've been playing for probably a month. I haven't gotten a hybrid flower yet. I have tried same flowers w/ spaces, different flowers w/ spaces, clumps of all 5, tried leaving holes also. Still nothing..please help someone..what am I doing wrong? Do they only come from seedlings or can adult plants produce hybrids? Do they have to be in the garden? Can they happen after you move plants around??

#239301 - 02/04/16 09:38 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Jennschu3]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

I finally got a blue rose, it took forever and I had tried everything, I had been fertilizing around there, I don't know if that helped but I kind of think it did.

#239304 - 02/05/16 12:49 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: tygerkittn]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

I seem to be having success with planting my flowers staggered like chess pieces on a chessboard. I've gotten a hybrid almost every day (Not always new ones. Sometimes I get a duplicate). I have the lucky rabbit's foot, which is probably a factor too.

#239312 - 02/05/16 07:18 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Rissy Offline
Adviser

I have planted mine in patches of 9 plants, one space between each. I have had good luck with hybrids. Lately I have been moving the hybrids to a 9 patch of their own. I have 5 different hybrids so far, and today I have 2 new plants growing in the hybrid patch. Sadly my blue Rose was in my first town that was wiped out by the great storm of 2016. Took everything, and all the people. Had to build it back from the ground up.

#239327 - 02/06/16 06:39 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Rissy]
gotweim Offline

Hello all!

Love this game!! I am also working on getting plant hybrids. Has anyone gotten a hybrid to grow outside of the garden??

I have had four hybrids grow, only in the garden. I have set up flower gardens in each houses' front yard. Yet, none of these plants have produced a hybrid.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

#239402 - 02/13/16 11:35 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: gotweim]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

I am the opposite, I only seem to get hybrids in the gardens I make in front of the people's houses. (Then I steal them and put them in my own garden).

Of course ever since I decided to try to get hybrids on purpose, I've not gotten a single new one. One of my besties gave me an unusual seed which I planted, and I regret donating it straightaway instead of first trying to get a duplicate.

#239404 - 02/14/16 01:21 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
gotweim Offline

Whispering Oaks,
What layout style do you plant your plants in?

I am using rows like this:

x = plants
H= hybrid

x xHx x x x

x x x x x x
H
x x x x x x

How many hybrids do you get a day? I am getting 1 or 2 hybrids each day... I have been using the highest level fertilizers on plants but do not notice it making them anymore apt to produce hybrids...

#239406 - 02/14/16 01:52 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: gotweim]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Same layout as you described, haven't noticed any new hybrids in a few day now though. I only fertilize when the plants turn brown and watering isn't enough. Maybe I should fertilize more?

#239414 - 02/16/16 01:36 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

I planted my seed in rows with the space/row between them. I get one not more than two hybrids a day but they are mostly generic, not rare. The ship with plants finally showed up and I was able to buy 3 rare hybrids which I donated and promptly bought extra for my garden.

#239421 - 02/17/16 01:34 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: mrspockfan]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Botanical garden full of flowers for days and still not a single hybrid. Bummer. I wonder if my mayor just has bad luck with gardening

#239429 - 02/18/16 07:30 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
ChaoticMoira Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I wish there was some in game hint on how the hybrids works, or even if it is just luck. Cause if it is just random luck. We could stop moving and changing things, or buying fertilizers and such..

I have been trying the space in between thing, but no empty rows. It basically looks like a checker board. The ONLY hybrids I have gotten were next to the rare plants I got by other means. So none of my normal plants have produced anything at all. I don't get one a day like others, which is interesting (and annoying, LOL), as it seems we are planting them very similiarly.

I also ONLY use fertilizer when a hybrid pops up and is brown. I am tempted to try the 3 tiered fertilizer and see if anything happens as it is the only one not directly linked to specific plants. I feel like it must have another use, but I don't know what that is.

#239434 - 02/18/16 03:30 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: ChaoticMoira]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: ChaoticMoira
The ONLY hybrids I have gotten were next to the rare plants I got by other means.

Interesting. I have never gotten a hybrid next to rare plants I purchased from the vendor, or grew from a seed given to me by a generous bestie. Never. I have gotten hybrids next to the common plants, but I can't tell you a pattern that works.

Originally Posted By: ChaoticMoira
I am tempted to try the 3 tiered fertilizer and see if anything happens as it is the only one not directly linked to specific plants. I feel like it must have another use, but I don't know what that is.

I don't have anywhere near all the plants (5 common, 4 tier 2, and 5 tier 3), so I've always thought it is for rare hybrids I haven't managed to grow yet.

#239437 - 02/18/16 03:40 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Aviatrix]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Seems like the only hybrids I get come from the blue flower lemongrass, or whatever it's called. I have about 5 of them in my garden and I switch around the plants that surround them to see what will happen. It also seems like I only get hybrids in a certain area of my garden, in the upper right and left corners.

Other things that seem to be happening:
Placing the blue flower lemongrass next to a level 3 plant gives me a level 1 plant.

Placing it next to a level 2 plant gives me a level 3 plant.

Placing it next to a level 1 plant gives me a level 2 plant.

This isn't solid, irrefutable research or anything. Just casual observations.

#239441 - 02/18/16 11:39 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
ChaoticMoira Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
Interesting. I am glad to see others are getting some by their normal plants. So at least I know that can happen. Sigh.. I have only had normal (level one) plants pop up - until yesterday; I got a blue rose yesterday.

Aviatrix:

That (top fertilizer being for very rare..) is a possibility that I have considered as well. The only reason I pondered other options is because of it being a white label. Normal plants are white labeled. I would find it really really odd if the rarest plants of all were white labeled, same as normal plants...

Sunshower:
You are not talking about the blue rose are you? I don't have any other blue flower myself. But I do have a sunflower. I have had hybrids popup by both, but not by any two normal flowers.

Edited by ChaoticMoira (02/18/16 11:40 PM)

#239442 - 02/18/16 11:50 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: ChaoticMoira]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Okay, just got two plants. One was just a green ivy lotus which popped up between the Red Berries Cactus and the Cactusbali Bamboo tree.

Then the Blue arose Rosebush popped up between the Lemon Maranta and Lime Daffodil. Kind of surprising, actually. I would think between the Lemon Maranta and Lime Daffodil, you'd get another fruit bearing plant.

I am going to move the Blue Rose Rosebush and see if another pops up between the two.

I will go check the game on my other device and see if I got any new hybrids.

Edited by Whispering Oaks (02/18/16 11:51 PM)

#239443 - 02/19/16 12:54 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

ChaoticMoira,

I just checked and it's called the Blue Flower Lemongrass. I've also had the blue rose. I've had at least 3 of those.

#239445 - 02/19/16 05:04 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Blue Rose Rosebush between Lemon Maranta and Lime Daffodil? Perhaps the game was trying to build a color wheel:

Lemon (yellow) - Blue - Lime (green)

#239451 - 02/19/16 11:12 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Aviatrix]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Aviatrix
Blue Rose Rosebush between Lemon Maranta and Lime Daffodil? Perhaps the game was trying to build a color wheel:

Lemon (yellow) - Blue - Lime (green)

Ooh maybe! Another plant just sprouted next to the Daisy Lemonbush but it is only a sprout at the moment so we shall see what it is.

#239465 - 02/20/16 07:42 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Sippja]
Jessamine Offline
Adviser

Loc: Sydney Australia
It does seem to be random. I have a theory that you get hybrids next to the oldest plants because I only get them in one area. I have plants in multiple plots about the place, in the botanical garden and on other patches of grass. But new ones only spawn in the same area, so I stopped moving them around.

#239479 - 02/20/16 08:03 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Jessamine]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Blackberry Ananas is what showed up next to the Daisy Lemonbush

#239482 - 02/21/16 01:28 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

I have decided to leave the bees around rather than catch them, just to see if that gives me more hybrids. Pollination and all that. Maybe some butterflies too.

#239531 - 02/27/16 01:09 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Just a four petal maple leaf between Lemon Maranta and Lime Daffodil. Now there is another bud coming up between those two again. So far I am only getting plants between those two for the most part, and they seem to definitely be random. This time there is also a bud sprouting between the four petal maple and the green ivy lotus.

#239594 - 03/02/16 07:29 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Rissy]
Vania Mirabel Offline

Loc: Indonesia
Will I be able to get a new hybrid if I don't dig any empty holes next to my flower? Or should I? Btw, how do you guys manage the flowers to get a new hybrid? Am I doing mine right?
o = hole
V = plant

V o V o V

Or

o o o o o
V V V V V

Edited by Vania Mirabel (03/02/16 09:48 AM)
Edit Reason: Adding another question

#239597 - 03/02/16 02:47 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Vania Mirabel]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

I had 8 hybrids when I opened my game this morning. EIGHT! Hopefully I'll get some new plants. I'll be pretty disappointed if they all turn out to be plants that I already have.

Vania Mirabel, I don't leave holes between my flowers. I plant mine in a checkerboard pattern, more similar to your first diagram.

#239599 - 03/03/16 01:03 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

I got four sprouts this morning also and the gold watering can.

#239606 - 03/03/16 05:22 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: mrspockfan]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

I only got one sprout, but it was beside a group of Tier 2 plants so I am hopeful. I am sending an invasion of enormous scary bird-eating spiders to everyone who got a bunch of sprouts!

#239607 - 03/03/16 11:21 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Aviatrix]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Turns out they were all repeats. frown Oh well, I have 8 more sprouts today, but I'm not getting my hopes up since yesterday's were all duds.

#239608 - 03/03/16 01:31 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

I must be doing something wrong, I plant them in a checkerboard pattern with no holes. No new sprouts and no gold watering can. What am I doing wrong?

#239612 - 03/03/16 07:15 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

I can't prove it, but I think I got the gold watering can for donating ten (or eleven) different plants. I know I had at least the original five, and the mysterious stranger sold six more, I donated one of each and the next day I had the watering can, so I assume it has something to do with how many plant varieties you have or possibly donate. I wish there was an FAQ for this game! There are so many basic gameplay questions I'd like answered.
I didn't use the spoiler thingy because this is pure conjecture.

#239616 - 03/03/16 09:00 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: tygerkittn]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

I haven't been able to purchase any hybrids yet. I just have a fortune teller and someone who sells paintings. I agree an faq would help...

#239619 - 03/04/16 12:30 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: tygerkittn]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: tygerkittn
I can't prove it, but I think I got the gold watering can for donating ten (or eleven) different plants. I know I had at least the original five, and the mysterious stranger sold six more, I donated one of each and the next day I had the watering can, so I assume it has something to do with how many plant varieties you have or possibly donate. I wish there was an FAQ for this game! There are so many basic gameplay questions I'd like answered.
I didn't use the spoiler thingy because this is pure conjecture.

I have donated 16 different plants, no gold can for me frown

#239620 - 03/04/16 01:39 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

How did you get 16? Please tell us your secrets smile

#239646 - 03/05/16 01:57 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Honestly, I bought 3 or 4 rare plants from the plant guy. The rest was plain luck.

#239724 - 03/11/16 12:18 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Rissy]
WackyJacky Offline

Ive had quite a few hybrids without really trying. I plant different plants next to each other & sometimes put some fertilizer down too.

#239726 - 03/11/16 12:37 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: WackyJacky]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

If anyone has a screen shot of a garden that produces hybrids it would be greatly appreciated. I'm doing the checkerboard pattern and have had very little luck.

#239730 - 03/11/16 02:59 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

I started getting a lot of hybrids when I planted the strip between the fence and the sidewalk of the house next to the garden. Flower, flower, space-vertically, all the way up.
Not sure where the screenshots are saved? I'd really rather not tweet or facebook a picture of a game. If I can figure out what folder has the screenshots I'll post it.

#239731 - 03/11/16 03:52 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: tygerkittn]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Since the last update, I've been having 6-8 hybrids a day. I'm getting several level 4 plants too. I have the lucky rabbit's foot, so I'm thinking that's making a difference.

#239732 - 03/11/16 04:12 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

Thanks guys, I'll try to change the order. I have the rabbits foot and carry it in my inventory but I don't see any difference. I hate to start over but sometimes that works..

#239738 - 03/11/16 10:58 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

I have also been getting a bunch of duplicate hybrids, but I found this one today growing in the fence. Does anyone know the name or have it? It’s the red plant in the back.

Attachments
2016-03-11 17.34.27.jpg

Edited by mrspockfan (03/11/16 10:58 PM)

#239743 - 03/12/16 02:14 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: mrspockfan]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
It's
Click to reveal..
Arthurium Tiger Fern

I have it too smile

You have so beautiful hybrids laugh

Edited by Candy_63 (03/12/16 02:16 PM)

#239746 - 03/12/16 02:46 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Candy_63]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

They are beautiful. I'm doing something wrong....

#239747 - 03/12/16 02:58 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Ginnygirl, have you tried to change the order?

I'm sure that you'll get beautiful hybrids too smile

#239748 - 03/12/16 03:03 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Candy_63]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

Candy, I have but no luck. I actually restarted the game last night because nothing was working frown

#239751 - 03/12/16 10:40 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Oh Ginny, it's sad to read this ... but start a new game has also something exciting smile

Start breeding
Click to reveal..
with the plant seeds that you can buy in the General Store, in the order that they are listed. I got this tip and have tried it with success!

When I saw the first hybrid, I haven't changed the order to see what happens next smile

#239759 - 03/14/16 10:58 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Candy_63]
Jessamine Offline
Adviser

Can you please explain this? Do you mean place them in a line In that order? Horizontal line?
I have a checkerboard pattern but also some in random arrangements. Nothing seems to promote hybrids.
It's quite frustrating I haven't had hybrids for maybe two weeks now.

Edited by Jessamine (03/14/16 10:59 AM)

#239760 - 03/14/16 12:22 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Jessamine]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

I can't promise anything,
Click to reveal..
try it with a horizontal line in that order
wink

#239761 - 03/14/16 02:13 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Candy_63]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

Thanks Candy, I appreciate your suggestions... I'm trying this today!!

#239769 - 03/15/16 11:29 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

Candy are you catching the bugs in the garden?

#239772 - 03/15/16 04:28 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Yes of course smile

I don't know if this affects the breeding. Maybe I try it and catch no bugs for a day wink

#239822 - 03/18/16 06:41 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Rissy]
momov3 Offline

Loc: USA
I plant my flowers in groups of five. It has worked out pretty good for me for getting hybrid flowers. So far I have gotten, 1 Blue Flower Lemon Grass, 2 Daisy Lemon Bush (I donated 1), 2 Blue Rose Rose Bush (I donated 1)

#239828 - 03/18/16 08:37 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: momov3]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

My hybrids just took off! I planted them east of the southern lake, between the house and the lake, and I've been getting six or eight a day for a few days now! Groups of two and then a space (as well as a space above and below) worked best. I only need six more to complete the collection!
I thought I'd never get any more. It had really stalled.

#239831 - 03/18/16 11:14 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: tygerkittn]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

Oh tyger thanks! I'm going to try it smile

#239832 - 03/19/16 12:53 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Glad you're getting some hybrids, tygerkittn! Mine are still going strong, but I've had more common hybrids instead of rare for the last few days. I only need 2 (or maybe 3) more plants to complete my collection, so I hope the rare ones come back!

#239833 - 03/19/16 12:55 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Jessamine Offline
Adviser

Sun shower how have you done the plantings?

#239834 - 03/19/16 02:26 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Jessamine]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

I do mine in a checkerboard pattern. I can post a screenshot later if you'd like.

#239842 - 03/19/16 09:00 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Jessamine]
momov3 Offline

Tygerkittn,

That's awesome, thanks for the tip. I will plant some there as well. My town folks seem to like it when I plant flowers every where.

#239855 - 03/21/16 03:15 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Vania Mirabel]
Jennschu3 Offline

I do mine like this...

V-V-V-V-V
-V-V-V-V-V
--V-V-V-V-V
---V-V-V-V-V

It's diagonal rows & have at least 5 new plants each day..I don't leave any holes, they grow in between the plants. Kind of like a checker board, but my rows of all 1 kind are diagonal. Hope this helps

#239856 - 03/21/16 03:24 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Jennschu3]
Jennschu3 Offline

I also have found that level 2 flowers will duplicate themselves inbetween the staggering even in the grass. And there's a limit of 700 flowers allowed to be planted then you have to sell some

#239857 - 03/21/16 02:22 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Jennschu3]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

I think I've tried every pattern suggested here!!!! There must be some other part of the formula I haven't figured out....it could have something to do with town beauty or bugs....I just don't get it..

#239858 - 03/21/16 03:16 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Ginnygirl, what platform are you using? Since I installed the latest update for Android, my hybrids have really taken off. Before that, I didn't get very many, but now I get 6-8 a day.

#239859 - 03/21/16 04:16 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

Thanks sunshower, I have the most recent download. I appreciate the suggestion...

#239860 - 03/21/16 07:24 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Ginnygirl, if you have the most recent download for Android it's impossible that you do not get hybrids confused

Where did you plant? Did you wait some days or did you change the order each day? When a small sign shows and still no plant can be seen, and you then change the order, no plant grows.

Do not give up!

#239861 - 03/21/16 07:57 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Candy_63]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

I'm on a kindle, so I don't know if that matters. I deleted and reinstalled to see if that would make a difference. I never move the plants after I place them, I just plant new ones in different patterns and locations. After 11 days in this current game I only have two blue rose plants so far.

#239864 - 03/21/16 10:59 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

What version number is your game? I just downloaded another new version yesterday - v0.6.7. That should be the most recent one. Maybe the update hasn't made it to Amazon yet?

#239866 - 03/22/16 09:50 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Jessamine Offline
Adviser

I'm getting more hybrids and spontaneous regular plants in the past 2 to 3 days. It makes the game more interesting. I also noticed that the bins get full of rubbish in the mornings and there's less on the ground for me to pick up. Maybe it's a new version.
I plant in a checkerboard pattern.

#239867 - 03/22/16 10:36 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Ginnygirl Offline
Adviser

Sunflower I just downloaded the newest version but didn't see any difference in hybrids. It did seem like I was getting more bugs though and my beauty meter was improving as well..

#239868 - 03/22/16 10:54 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Ginnygirl]
Joy42 Offline
Trainee

Since the 6.0 version, hybrids won't grow in my garden, but grow like crazy in other parts of town without me having to do anything. I'm only missing two now. I won't update the game until I get them smile

#239915 - 03/25/16 07:36 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Joy42]
momov3 Offline

Yeah! I made it to 100% beauty and I have all the population I can have.

#239916 - 03/25/16 08:23 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: momov3]
Joy42 Offline
Trainee

I finally completed the plant collection laugh !!!! Here are my museum screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/AKwaU

Tips :
Click to reveal..
I noticed that mixing the plants from the fourth and fifth row makes the plants from the seventh row.

Edited by Joy42 (03/25/16 08:24 PM)

#239917 - 03/25/16 09:43 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Joy42]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Awesome, Joy42! smile I'm still missing 2 plants. I got a new one this morning. Hoping the last 2 show up soon.

Now if I can just find those last 3 bugs...

#239920 - 03/26/16 01:55 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Joy42 Offline
Trainee

Thanks sunshower smile

Ps : I obviously meant sixth row in my previous post blush

#239924 - 03/27/16 12:38 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Joy42]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Congratulations, Joy42! To complete the collection of plants, is great laugh
I made it too wink

#239934 - 03/29/16 02:45 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Candy_63]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Finally completed my plant collection today! smile

#239955 - 03/31/16 11:45 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sunshower]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

Awesome, Joy! Thank you for the tip. I am missing all the sixth row plants, so I will do what you said

#239958 - 04/01/16 04:02 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Congratulations, sunshower! That's great laugh

#240970 - 11/02/16 02:03 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Sippja]
sweetheartjess Offline

The list I have this far for the 19 out of 23 plants is:
Redberries cactus
Mela rare oak
Sunflower fern
Viola cactus ball
Four petal maple
Lemon maranta
Green ivy lotus
Lime daffodil
Daisy Lemonbush
Blue flower lemongrass
Blue rose rosebush
Roseceae fern
White orchid pitcher plant
Arthurium tiger fern
Black orchid
Cactusbali bamboo tree
Blackberry ananas
Hibiscus tiered cactus
Houstonia banana tree.

If anyone knows the last 4 that would b great!!!

#240971 - 11/02/16 05:41 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: sweetheartjess]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: sweetheartjess
The list I have this far for the 19 out of 23 plants is:
Redberries cactus
Mela rare oak
Sunflower fern
Viola cactus ball
Four petal maple
Lemon maranta
Green ivy lotus
Lime daffodil
Daisy Lemonbush
Blue flower lemongrass
Blue rose rosebush
Roseceae fern
White orchid pitcher plant
Arthurium tiger fern
Black orchid
Cactusbali bamboo tree
Blackberry ananas
Hibiscus tiered cactus
Houstonia banana tree.

If anyone knows the last 4 that would b great!!!

jalapa tree
tigerlily willow tree
tahitian ridged cactus
goldenberries caladium

#241322 - 02/27/17 12:46 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: tygerkittn]
lisann Offline

When you get the beach finish there will be differnt visitor. I find there 4 different ships. They came in one at a time at diffent times.One has plants. The tent will be in middle of town.wilburt moss sells sunflowers fern, Houstonia banana tree,daisy lemon bush,black orchid,blue rose rosebush,red berries cactus. I buy two of each plant. I Turn these 6 into the Museum. Then I will then use the mutation liquid on them this is what I get sunflower fern =lime daffodil,Houstonia banana tree =daisy lemon bush,daisy lemonbush= cactus Bali bamboo tree,black orchid= blue flower lemongrass,blue rose rosebush= blackberry ananas,red berries cactus=mele rare oak. I hope this helps

Edited by lisann (02/27/17 02:49 AM)

#241323 - 02/27/17 01:32 AM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: lisann]
lisann Offline

In the store I buy two of each seeds there are lemon maranta,green ivy lotus,lime daffodil,viola cactus,four petal maple. I grow these seeds and pick them and take them to the museum. Then on the second set I use the mutation liquid.lemon maranta =Houstonia banana tree,green ivy lotus= golden berries caladium,lime daffodil = black orchid,viola cactus = hibiscus tiered cactus,four petal maple seed=cactus Bali bamboo. I been playing with the mutation liquid and I keep getting the same thing

After the beach is done you will get travelers. One of them is madame vaduve fortune teller. Each time she came back you might get a differnt seed. When she ask for jasper. I went and find it and took it back to her.then you have to go and find the seed and dig it up I find mine cross the bridge.i got a tiger lily willow tree it might be differnt for some one else. The second time around she ask for agate and I got roseceae fern the tire third time she ask for dolomite and I got a White orchid pitcher plant.

When i use the mutation liqued on
White orchid pitch plant =arthurium tiger fern, tiger lily willow tree= white orchid pitch plant,roseceae fern=Tahitian ridged cactus

I finally figured out how I got the jalapa tree
Using the mutation liqued on viola cactus ball = Jalapa tree

Edited by Xay (03/01/17 05:55 PM)
Edit Reason: merged posts per Forum Rules

#241975 - 02/06/18 04:39 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: lisann]
JWStargazer Offline

Loc: Texas/USA
I never found any seeds to dig up when she came!

#241985 - 02/12/18 06:05 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: JWStargazer]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi JWStargazer. Did you have your mayor go inside the tent and talk to the Fortune Teller?
Click to reveal..
If they talk to her she will ask them to bring her something. If they bring her what she asks for, you should then go out and dig up any buried items you see. Then you will find what you're looking for. If they do not bring her what she wants, there will be no special item.

#242290 - 09/10/18 08:30 PM Re: How can I get flower hybrids/ new breeds? [Re: Rissy]
pth Offline

There are 253 plant combinations, and out of these I had success with 182. Put 2 different plants next to each other. I found they will often produce hybrids if I turn my phone's time ahead one hour, then set time back to normal.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter