Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#238622 - 12/19/15 01:05 PM 4th gen Renovation glitch?
NeaX Offline

VF2 for android
playing on galaxy tab pro kitkat 4.4.2

First, ThankYou LDW for another zen game! and free to play?!! happy me! laugh

ok, all was perfect until 4th gen renovations: when i renovated Bedroom2, the doorbell rang as usual but no builders/craftsmen ever entered.. yet all of a sudden the room was 'built'... no one noticed & no celebrating. same thing happened with Bathroom2.
the problem is that both rooms are unusable to a degree frown

when a family member enters Bedroom2, the Action bar goes hyper speed thru ALL possible actions while the person stays stuck in the doorway rapidly turning back & forth until i move him/her. likewise, no one can leave Bedroom2 without getting stuck in the doorway.

when i put an exhausted person to bed in BR2, he remains exhausted no matter how long in there. as soon as i move him to a bed in any other room, he rests & recovers energy quickly, as usual.

finally, no one can enter Bedroom2 from Bathroom2 via the connecting doorway -they have to go thru the connected condemned room instead. its all very odd.

is there anything i can do to fix this?
im also hoping that this wont happen with 5th gen renovations o.o

Thanx for your time! Love all your games!

#238635 - 12/21/15 04:26 AM Re: 4th gen Renovation glitch? [Re: NeaX]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The situation you described usually occurs because there is something blocking the path between the family member and where they need to go. The most likely cause is furniture or other decor items that you have placed in the house. Even if it looks clear to you, they might think it isn't. Our little family members can be pretty picky about what "clear" means!

Some examples of how to correct this problem in various situations (yours is more like the second, only without the sock) are:

- If the little people suddenly change their mind about trying to make a baby, try moving the bed or couch away from any walls and try for a baby again. If it still gives you trouble, place the bed or couch on the front porch (or even in the yard). They shouldn't have any problems getting to the furniture then. Just make sure to put it back into the house afterward, so that the little people don't have to sleep outdoors and make themselves sick! wink Good luck!

- If the little person drops an object (sock, wrapper, or collectible) right after picking it up and won't take it to the appropriate destination, try moving any furniture that might possibly be blocking their path. They need a clear path, as well as clearance on each side of the destination (washer, trash can, collectibles cabinet), in order to deliver the carried object. If the problem started happening after you purchased a washer and they won't pick up socks anymore, you should start by moving the washer away from any walls or other objects, including the dryer (if you have one). If there's still a problem, look for other objects that might be blocking their path and move those.

I suggest placing one decor item at a time in the Decor Tray, this includes (Plants, rugs, pictures, any item that is able to be moved), and have a family member try to go to that area, or leave that area after you drop them there. If they still can't, add another decor item to the Decor tray and have them try again. Do this for each decor item until either your family members are able to leave the area easily or until you have no furniture/decor items left in the house.

Please note that since you are playing a mobile version of the game, you should definitely not delete and reinstall the game in an attempt to resolve any problems you are experiencing. Doing so will cause you to lose all game progress and any coins or brokerage purchases that you have made.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter