Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#238775 - 01/05/16 01:20 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Candy_63]
Dubious Offline

Playing the game on Kindle Fire HDX 7 and loving it so far.

Beautiful game, the graphics are awesome, the game play is interesting and fun.

Couple of gripes...

1) Why the internet connection required every single day? I do not see any changes to the shop inventory or anything changing after connecting. This is the one and only thing that may force myself and others to uninstall. It is not always possible to be online daily and here you are literally blocked from playing the game if you do not connect to WIFI daily.

2) Lack of info. I just spent the last 20 mins scouring the web and this site for detailed info on the game. Basically I have forgotten how/where to gather minerals. I have been round and round the town looking and into the 'help' menu in the game and on the net and cannot find the answer to how to do this very basic thing.

Would be really helpful to have more 'help' info in the game 'Help' screen itself, because the basics of actually playing the game are told to you by the mayor's assistant and then that is it. There is no reference manual to check back on so if you don't remember the barrage of info you got on starting the game, you seem to be out of luck.

Something that describes how and where to use each tool would be really helpful.

3) Other then that I have the same complaints everyone else has...lack of money, tools that break far too soon, grouchy and 'unsupportive of their new Mayor' residents.

All in all it is an awesome game and awesome to have a new game from LDAW, I have had almost 500 different generations on Virtual Families 2 over a fair few installs of the game on my Kindle. Looking forward to 500 generations of Mayors.

#238776 - 01/05/16 01:59 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Dubious]
CindyO Offline
Trainee

Hi Dubious,

The way to find minerals is to use your pick axe on the knee high round stones that show up scattered around town. You will also receive some from various residents for fulfilling their wishes. The gold stones need a silver or better pick axe to open.

As far as help in the game goes, the little gear on the top right side will open a menu with a help icon. Tapping on it will give you a refresher course on the basics. The rest I think we are meant to discover on our own. Kind of a trademark LDW thing to make the game a little of a puzzle.

I am annoyed by my residents too, but have realized that they have meters when I interact with them. Over time those meters are going up for me as I fulfill their wishes. I think that is part of the game. They are annoyed because the last mayor left them and it is our job to restore their faith over time.

I hope that helps a bit. It is a newer game, so I think as time goes on, more user info will be shared as people unlock the puzzles and hopefully don't put out too many spoilers, just hints for us if we need them. &#128516;

#238777 - 01/05/16 03:15 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: CindyO]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

CindyO, I will sometimes answer a specific question via PM so as not to put spoilers out there. I find it a lot more fun to play the game and discover stuff, but based on what I read on the Facebook page, there are a LOT of people who want a roadmap of every single tap they should make before they interact with the game at all. I think those people should get a job doing data entry because they'd just be tapping numbers and letters into a form, which is apparently how they have fun.

Dubious, nothing is going to be out there on the Internet just yet as the game is brand new. However, there are several places to get help from fellow players. This forum is an excellent place as it doesn't have all the noise and spoilers you will see on the Facebook page. Several of us read here daily and will try to help when we can. Check your PMs here for another comment on your questions.

#238778 - 01/05/16 04:02 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Aviatrix]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

So far I love Virtual Town. I don't think that will change having played VF2. I started a new game fom Google Play and using my experience from IOS to designed my town more effeciently and cost effectively. Thanks to Aviatrix, Xay and others on this site, I invested in an orchard of 30 pears, apple and orange trees located near the pond in town. I am using the Botanical Gardens for vegetables and flowers. I find that I'm taking my time to explore and enjoy the game including the "snarky" townspeople. I look forward to the changes that will be added as the game progesses. grin

#238779 - 01/05/16 04:20 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: CindyO]
Dubious Offline

Originally Posted By: CindyO
Hi Dubious,

The way to find minerals is to use your pick axe on the knee high round stones that show up scattered around town. You will also receive some from various residents for fulfilling their wishes. The gold stones need a silver or better pick axe to open.

As far as help in the game goes, the little gear on the top right side will open a menu with a help icon. Tapping on it will give you a refresher course on the basics. The rest I think we are meant to discover on our own. Kind of a trademark LDW thing to make the game a little of a puzzle.

I am annoyed by my residents too, but have realized that they have meters when I interact with them. Over time those meters are going up for me as I fulfill their wishes. I think that is part of the game. They are annoyed because the last mayor left them and it is our job to restore their faith over time.

Thanks for the info that is very helpful. smile

I see the problem now. None of those stones have turned up in my town at all since the tutorial one and I am four days into the game.

Yes that is the 'Help' screen I am referring too. It gives general information but is not detailed enough. Take my scenario, a simple...

'Find minerals by using the pick axe on round stones scattered about the town' would have solved my dilemma. As it was I was hacking away at boulders in the perimeter walls because I didn't know that it was actually a bug I was experiencing with mineral rocks not appearing.

#238792 - 01/06/16 03:39 AM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Aviatrix]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Originally Posted By: Aviatrix

Dubious, nothing is going to be out there on the Internet just yet as the game is brand new. However, there are several places to get help from fellow players. This forum is an excellent place as it doesn't have all the noise and spoilers you will see on the Facebook page. Several of us read here daily and will try to help when we can.

I think it's so great that we all start knowing absolutely nothing about the game, but by communicating over the forums, we learn and grow together. It's such a wonderful concept to me smile

#238818 - 01/08/16 02:26 AM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Nora Willow]
AriaSparkle Offline
Expert

Loc: Playing Virtual Town
Same here! I enjoy testing out the game and discussing it here. It's a very nice experience, and I can't wait to do this again with VF3!

#238827 - 01/08/16 04:40 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: frogboy]
GameGal Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
I love it! I was looking for a new game that is fun and interesting but only requires as much time as you want :-) I wish when you turn items in at the museum you got money because just starting out, you never have enough money! Thanks for making this a GREAT game :-)

#238848 - 01/10/16 05:30 AM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Madea]
erindors Offline
Adviser

What is the point of this game ,all I seem to be doing is searching for bugs and selling them,also got my adopted child and she just follows my character around,I also found a bottle with a note in it with a seed I had to plant,I,m at a loss what the game is about,can someone please explain as at the moment I'm just walking round in circles......I,m one of those old idiots who need a walkthrough or else some kind of tip on what to do next.....

#238853 - 01/10/16 01:21 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: erindors]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: erindors
I,m at a loss what the game is about,can someone please explain as at the moment I'm just walking round in circles

VT is sort of a combination of an adventure game and a tycoon game. There are elements of farming games and collection games. If you play steadily, you will run out of things to do on some days and then it seems like "walking around in circles". Other days you'll be pressed to finish the day's tasks and still manage to tend to your real-life job, housekeeping, and car payments. Some people really enjoy this sort of game, and others have different preferences - if you really love time management games above all, VT will be a real stumper for you because it is a long view game. You can't blaze through it. Here are some comments specific to your state in the game right now (hidden because there are spoilers):
Click to reveal..
Did you plant the seed? It will take about a day to grow into a mature plant. After that, pick it, because someone wants it. Take it to different people in the various town businesses until you find the right person. This sub-plot is the first of a set of puzzles that reveal the story line to you.

Are you hiring your townspeople to work on projects? Currently the lake needs work and the bridge is broken. Click on the signs that say "Beware" near these features to learn more. Each town project takes several real-time days to finish. While that is going on, you can build your bank balance by catching bugs and doing whatever Mrs. Mottershead asks you to do.

You will need coins to progress in the game, so take note of what each project costs per day and set that aside, then spend as you wish in the General Store and on Town Upgrades, which are purchased in Town Hall. You can also buy House Upgrades in the Bank and later you will be able to buy clothing in the Boutique.

Try to find one of each bug, mineral, and plant to donate to the Museum. Keep your town clean by cutting grass, filling holes (plant veggies in them or use the shovel to fill them), and picking up trash.

Watch the meter over on the left side. As it goes up, you will get additional townspeople if you have enough food for them as well. One veggie plant or one mature fruit is equal to one food source. If you tap on the meter it will tell you how many food sources you need. For instance, if you need 7 food sources, you need 7 carrots, or 3 carrots and 4 potatoes, or 2 carrots, 2 potatoes, and 3 tomatoes - anything that equals 7. Fruit trees don't bear fruit every day so I don't count on them for my totals, although they do count.

Hope that helps!

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter