Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Today at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186929 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#238313 - 07/22/15 07:49 PM can u help me with resolution?
Pastimer51 Offline

Hi im having trouble with my resoulton can someone tell me how I can muanlly change it if possible because I have a wide screen and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can change it on windows 7 by chance???

#238314 - 07/23/15 07:27 PM Re: can u help me with resolution? [Re: Pastimer51]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
To check the display resolution settings, perform the following steps:

Right-click on your Windows 7 desktop and select Screen Resolution. If the resolution shown in the dropdown box is smaller than the size needed to run the game, you should select a higher resolution.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#240871 - 10/03/16 03:25 PM Re: can u help me with resolution? [Re: Xay]
MissyG Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I have been playing VF2 on Windows 7 pc (bought game from LDW) and have no problems with the game at all. When i recently played, the start up of the game was okay. However, when the game play started, the game did not fit my screen! I can not access the bottom task bar and have to use the esc key to get to the store or even quit game. The resolution is crazy! I tried to adjust and it just doesnt reach the game. I searched the forum and i cant seem to find a fix for this. is there one? I would hate to lose the ability to play this great game. Help, please!

#240875 - 10/03/16 06:35 PM Re: can u help me with resolution? [Re: MissyG]

Our games operate at a fixed resolution: 800x600 for all games except Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers and Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House, which are 1024x768. Your computer's display must be physically capable of supporting a resolution that is slightly higher than that resolution, and the settings for the display must be set to slightly higher than that size, or the games will either not display properly or will not run. Many netbooks, for example, have screens that are physically too small to display our games.

To check the display resolution settings, perform the following steps:

Right-click on your Windows 7 desktop and select Screen Resolution. If the resolution shown in the dropdown box is smaller than the size needed to run the game, you should select a higher resolution. If none of the available resolution settings are large enough for the game to run, you will either need to run the game on a different computer or request a refund for your purchase of the game.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#240878 - 10/04/16 12:48 AM Re: can u help me with resolution? [Re: Xay]
MissyG Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I thank you for your fast response, but it doesnt make sense that the same game was running on my computer for a very long time before it did this. Nothing was wrong with the resolution and adjusting it by right clicking does not do the trick. There used to be some technical tips somewhere on your site (i can not find them now) that talks about making the game run full screen by changing a number in one of the commands from a 0 to a 1. Do you know how to get to the right place? The game does open up in a white box that might be what they are talking about because the white box top is not on the screen. maybe you can check it to see what i am talking about. This game is too great of a game to just let go without trying. Sorry to be a pest.

#240879 - 10/04/16 01:30 AM Re: can u help me with resolution? [Re: MissyG]

I believe you're referring to this thread. However, if you have the updated version (updated in 2014), this file is no longer available to change, and if you have removed the game from your computer at any time (or changed computers) , that would explain why it's giving you problems now. The technical "trick" listed in the thread above is simply if you cannot change the full/windowed setting in the game itself.

I can tell you that the precise issue that you're referring to is most often caused by the resolution, and if you can access the menu, simply click on the options/settings and click full screen and see if that resolves the issue.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter