Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#238267 - 06/17/15 10:48 PM What's the future of LDW?
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Hey i'm just curious, what are you planning for LDW's future?
Being acquired by any other company?
Or maybe stopping support on PC?
Playfirst, Sandlot Games and LDW
these were my favorite game company's when i was 7
unfortunately Playfirst is acqquired by Glu and Sandlot Games is shut down by Digital Chocolate and now LDW is only one left frown
so please promise me don't choose the way other company's chosen, please don't change, sorry for broken English but please don't stop doing these amazing games for PC!

Edited by Hydra14 (06/17/15 10:51 PM)

#238293 - 07/12/15 08:18 PM Re: What's the future of LDW? [Re: Hydra14]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
I'm with you Hydra14! I really love PC gaming! I never owned a "gaming console" like Nintendo, or X box. I still have a LOT of older PC games that I play on a regular basis.
I admit that I have followed the trend, and now play new games on a mobile platform. There are a number of reasons for this, but mostly it has to do with the seemingly infinite variety of new games available on mobile. Of course cost also has a lot to do with it.

The LDW developers tend to be pretty private, and rarely discuss their plans in advance. While we can hope they continue developing games for PC and Mac, I wouldn't count on it being a priority. After all, the only way they can stay in the business is if they go where the business goes. For people like us, that means the games we love in the future will most likely be on a mobile platform. I know Microsoft is trying hard to combine both worlds (desktop and mobile) with the release of Windows 10.

I love LDW, and will follow them, as best I can, on whatever platform their games are available on. But, like you, I sure hope they can throw us old Desktop Gamers a bone now and then! laugh

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#238337 - 08/10/15 03:27 AM VF2/VF3 [Re: Hydra14]
TheAwesomeOne Offline

are you going to make so that we can save our data to the cloud

#238338 - 08/10/15 04:18 AM Re: VF2/VF3 [Re: TheAwesomeOne]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
iOS devices (and VF2 for Android devices that have downloaded the game from Google Play) already have the ability to save a backup of their data from their phone to restore it in the event of a problem, using the corresponding services that are available.

I am fairly sure you are referring to saving to a "cloud" to be able to access your game data from any device. I cannot talk about future developments, as they are fluid and can change.

However, I can say that although our games cannot be synced between devices, we believe that it offers the most versatile game play. Once installed, our games do not (in most cases) require an Internet connection in order to play them, which allows them to be played even where wireless connections are not available.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#238348 - 08/16/15 02:03 PM Re: VF2/VF3 [Re: Xay]
adamiller59 Offline

Loc: New York, USA
i just want to know is there a virtual villagers 6? i have seen it on an internet search. i'm trying to download all the virtual villagers games so i can play them. didn't even know there was a part 6. if not, i hope you come out with one, would love to play it. i've conquered all but part 5, which i can't wait to play. i have them all downloaded so far. ty for the great games.

Edited by adamiller59 (08/16/15 05:17 PM)

#238350 - 08/16/15 07:13 PM Re: VF2/VF3 [Re: adamiller59]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
There is no part 6. Any information you might find on the web is best to be considered as a rumor unless you see it specifically mentioned on our official platforms by a representative of the company. smile

I hope this helps. I've included a link to our website (click on the Previews button) if you'd like to see our current projects. Alternately, you can check our page on Facebook for updates, or even Twitter. I've also included those links below for your convenience.

http://www.ldw.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Virtual-Villagers/353617646254

https://twitter.com/LastDayOfWork
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter