Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 304 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#238020 - 03/01/15 02:33 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: gardeningdeb]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

I think it's a little unfair saying that any game is 'choppy, difficult to navigate and difficult to see what's going on' when a) it's still very much in the early stages and b) no one's even played it yet.

I agree the 3D artwork seems a little clunky based on the screenshots (the night sky in particular could use far fewer stars) but we have to remember that this is their first true 3D game, and LDW is an indie studio without the resources of the game company giants.

That said, I also admit that since I strongly dislike the VF series for a number of reasons, so I'm slightly biased and it's nice to be able to look forward to a game that's not VF laugh Fingers crossed the Mystery Game doesn't end up on the scrap heap!

#238062 - 03/24/15 02:20 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: JudasFm]
lloydbug Offline
Adviser

Loc: Seattle, WA
I like that there appears to be more diversity in this mystery game. However, the graphics leave something to be desired in my opinion...

#238063 - 03/26/15 12:02 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: lloydbug]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You really can't judge the graphic qualities of the game from the images on the Previews Page. Those are low-quality jpg images that were made to conserve space on the server. The actual game graphics are much better than that. laugh

#238064 - 03/26/15 10:07 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: LadyCFII]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
It's not so much the quality of the graphics that I'm not so keen on, more the style. I've become used the the 'LDW style' used in the sprites for VV and VF (and PT to a lesser extent) and will miss them, although I will probably get over it. wink

#238065 - 03/26/15 03:20 PM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: arnie]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Don't get discouraged! There's always VF3, which will be in our usual "LDW style," as you referred to it! laugh

#238066 - 03/27/15 09:07 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: LadyCFII]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I promise not to lose any sleep over it! laugh

#238067 - 03/28/15 02:59 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: VF_Life]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Quote:
It looks like The Sims

Really? Now I happen to be a pretty avid sims fan (owned S2 with I think every expansion) play S3 (with 7expansion packs) daily, have played Sims Freeplay but didn't care for it, and one day may be able to afford S4, but ain't going to hold my breath waiting.
Any way, my point is the Virtual Villager games do bear a mild resemblance in that you can interact with the "people" build houses etc, but they are no where near as detailed nor time consuming. To me that's one of their major draws.
Having said that, I utterly fail to see how you can look at those images and then say it looks like The Sims. -just saying

Actually, not owning anything with a 3D display, I'm far more interested to know what platform(s) it will be released on and what I will have to try and get to enjoy it. laugh

Edited by Rockmower (03/28/15 03:07 AM)

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#238068 - 03/30/15 08:50 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: Rockmower]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I think we can be pretty sure that it will be released for iOS and Android first. Hopefully versions for Windows and Mac desktop/laptops will be released on or around the same time.

#238074 - 04/01/15 12:28 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: arnie]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
I'm pretty excited to find out what this game will be like. Will it have puzzles? Will it continue the Isola storyline, or be something altogether different? I love the clothes and the colors, but especially love the camera angle. Perhaps we'll finally get to see our little people face to face! laugh

#238216 - 05/08/15 04:08 PM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: HappyPlayer]
DeathDefy Offline

VV6 would actually be quite cool. VF3 3D would be cool but it looks like they are already making that a different game. Who knows? Oh wait.... the developers do.... :P

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter