Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#238047 - 03/13/15 06:44 PM Stretched screen after update
LunyKimberly Offline

Finally got an iPhone (6 plus) last month and downloaded VF2 for it. Looked great, worked great, got a few in app purchases for it - everything's been working great.

Loaded the update for it today that installed the free coins ability and other odds and ends bug fixes. Now my game screen and peeps look like it's a full screen image stretched to a wide screen monitor - shorter, fatter, and harder to read text. I've also noticed that my tray (for groceries/snacks/items) has shrunk a slot. Is this deliberate or did someone have an oops moment with the update?

And if all of this is deliberate, is there some setting I can change to get things back to the way they were (at least the screen res)?

Thanks for all the work you peeps do on these games.
LunyKimberly

#238052 - 03/16/15 07:34 PM Re: Stretched screen after update [Re: LunyKimberly]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
This wasn't deliberate, and we're looking into it. Unfortunately, there are no settings that you can change that would correct the issue. Changing the settings on your iPhone 6 Plus from standard to zoomed (or vice versa) has no effect on how the game is displayed.

I'll post back here when we have an update.

#238056 - 03/18/15 02:00 PM Re: Stretched screen after update [Re: LadyCFII]
LunyKimberly Offline

Thanks for letting me know.

#238057 - 03/19/15 06:13 PM Re: Stretched screen after update [Re: LunyKimberly]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I'll be submitting an update to Apple today that corrects the problem. Apple typically takes 10 days or so to approve app updates and make them available on the App Store. When you install the update, you'll once again have the correct display resolution, and the tool tray will have the right number of slots again. We're very sorry for the problems on the last update.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter