Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 242 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#237763 - 01/22/15 06:54 PM Mystery Game on the Previews Pages
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We've created this topic for everyone to post their comments on the upcoming Mystery Game. Edit: this game is the now released Virtual Town.
We hope you will share your thoughts about the game. We will be posting periodic updates to that page, so you'll want to check back every so often. laugh

Edited by Xay (02/20/17 10:34 PM)
Edit Reason: Added release info

#237765 - 01/22/15 08:36 PM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: LadyCFII]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
What can it be? It looks like a children's camp. It's great to see a new mystery game on the horizon. Well done LDW. smile

#237767 - 01/22/15 08:38 PM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: TheGnome]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
It looks like it will be like The Sims.

#237805 - 01/25/15 10:17 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Have you all quit on Lonely Pets. Because it was removed from the preview pages.

#237807 - 01/25/15 10:06 PM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: VF_Life]
Hugo2424 Offline
Adviser

I honestly just want VV 6

The game could be VV 6 in 3D!

Edited by Hugo2424 (01/25/15 10:11 PM)

#237847 - 02/01/15 02:32 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: Hugo2424]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Hugo2424
I honestly just want VV 6

I'm with you on this one. I was thrilled to see they'd updated their previews page and have got back to game development, but it was still a disappointment not to see VV6 up there yet.

Having said that, I kind of hope the 3D game isn't VV6; the 2D artwork and little figures are what made the games special for me. Hopefully this game is completely separate from both of them. It looks interesting; I'm eager to try it out when it comes!

Edited by JudasFm (02/01/15 02:33 AM)
Edit Reason: Just spotted that VF Life asked the same question earlier in the thread

#237850 - 02/01/15 05:26 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: JudasFm]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

I also would like a VV6. But since all the parts of the island have been explored I feel that VV6 would have to do with the already existing parts of the island or a new island. And I also wish that VV5's Heathen Mommy puzzle were available to everyone who bought it from LDW. Because I didn't know of VV in 2010/11 but I guess I could make a time machine, just kidding.

Edited by VF_Life (02/01/15 07:15 AM)

#237857 - 02/01/15 12:39 PM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: VF_Life]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: VF_Life
I also would like a VV6. But since all the parts of the island have been explored I feel that VV6 would have to do with the already existing parts of the island or a new island.

Actually, it hasn't by a long shot. There are plenty of inland places where the game could be set - it doesn't have to be on a beach - or maybe they could do something a little different.

Even if it had been, that doesn't mean it's impossible for more games to be set there. How about a VV where a group of people wander off and end up trapped in a cave system? You could build a whole underground culture with unique crops and other food sources. There could be other challenges too: if the fire goes out, your villagers all stop their tasks until it's relit (the idea being that it's too dark to see what they're doing).

Of course, this would seriously annoy those of us who like to leave the game running in the background, so one of the early challenges could be to farm glow worms. As long as one of your peeps is engaged in the noble calling of breeding beetles with glowing backsides, you have a permanent and rather cool looking light source.

Or hey, there's a mountain range smack in the middle of the island. Instead of always sticking with the beach, how about building a mountain village for a change, where you could construct bridges between ledges?

And when we really have gone everywhere on the island, above it and below it, it could turn out that in that tranquil sea is actually a volcano. The volcano could erupt, causing a huge chunk of new land to rise out of the ocean (seriously, this is what happened to my country some 20,000 odd years ago) and cause Isola to double in size. And, naturally, the villagers would want to explore this new place wink

So there's still plenty of potential, not just for VV6, but VV7 as well XD

#237976 - 02/21/15 12:36 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: JudasFm]
DuskArgentum Offline

I like the idea of building bridges to get to different parts of your village.
I've been a fan of the VV games for a while, and I'd love to see VV6+ at some point.
And the idea of an underground village also seems neat.

#238018 - 02/25/15 02:22 AM Re: Mystery Game on the Previews Pages [Re: LadyCFII]
gardeningdeb Offline

I am glad to know you are working on a new game. I've been waiting and looking forward to it! I know it's too late for this, and I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the graphics type will prevent me and many others from playing this game. That particular graphics is choppy, difficult to navigate, and difficult to see what's going on. I'm trying my best to find an example of another game with this particular graphics problem, and I can't. I agree with others, I would prefer a VV6, but I would also like it to be a little faster. I know that isn't your forte, and that's fine. It's not going to stop me from getting it. But I replay Gemini Lost, I do not replay VV's. The reason is I can play Gemini Lost, My Tribe, and others more quickly. I don't leave them running in order to get something done before I'm 90 and forget I did it, killing all my people. Again, this will not prevent me from purchasing a new VV, but it is a preference. But I won't even play a game with graphics like this Mystery Game, let alone buy it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter