Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237595 - 12/04/14 04:24 AM Vf1 mods on Vf2
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
I saw this mod that I want to download but it says it is from vf one will it work http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbt...5115#Post235115

#237598 - 12/04/14 08:42 PM Re: Vf1 mods on Vf2 [Re: VF_Life]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
The image will show up in your VF2 game provided you rename it HammockStd.png, place it in the Furniture folder, and purchase a hammock from the store (or already purchased one). Try it out. smile Place a peep in it and see how you like it. Make sure you save a copy of the original HammockStd.png in a safe place BEFORE placing this one in your game, in case you want to change back (same goes before installing any mod). smile

#237600 - 12/05/14 01:36 AM Re: Vf1 mods on Vf2 [Re: MissKathy]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

By the way do you know if anyone can post the name generator for all of the games?

#237601 - 12/05/14 08:36 PM Re: Vf1 mods on Vf2 [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

And Kathy since you're in excellent modder can you fix some mods for me. Here is the first one.
Silver Remote It is regular black when it is carried.

Here is the second one
I want the patio from here FIXED Christmas House merged with the pool from here Nancy's Winter Yard

Edited by Christopher Hall (12/05/14 11:41 PM)

#237603 - 12/06/14 08:06 AM Re: Vf1 mods on Vf2 [Re: VF_Life]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Christopher, Thank you for the compliment. Unfortunately I am unable to take any mod requests, I just don’t have any free time. Perhaps this is a great time for you to begin to learn how to mod!! laugh I started out with something very simple, adding birds to the birdhouse and fountain in VF. Perhaps you would like to start by recoloring the tv remote in carrying.png so it will not be black when your peeps are carrying it? Lewanda made the remote in remote.png silver because players were having a difficult time finding the remote on dark flooring. Finding it is not an issue when it’s in your peep’s hand. smile

There are some wonderful tutorials created by other forum members here on this site. BayouBlonde's Tutorial for VF Mods Using GIMP and BayouBlonde's helpful tips for using and making mods are both worth checking out. Mbee also uploaded BayouBlonde's Gimp Tutorial in pdf format. You can get it here. Gimp is a free image editing software program that, among other things, supports transparencies (necessary for editing png files). A simple internet search will provide you with a number of download sites. Of course there are many other software programs available, and you are free to choose what ever one works best for you and your situation. I hope you find this information helpful. smile

To use the patio from FIXED Christmas House/Winter Yard ~ MAPX0Y3 you simply need download the file and swap your games original patio image (patioSet.png) with the red one, and purchase (or have purchased) a patio set from the store. No merging necessary. Make sure you have a copy of the original patioSet.png stored some place safe BEFORE adding the red one to your Images folder, in case you ever want to use it again.
Originally Posted By: Christopher Hall
By the way do you know if anyone can post the name generator for all of the games?

I’m sorry, that would not be possible.

#237611 - 12/10/14 03:42 AM Re: Vf1 mods on Vf2 [Re: MissKathy]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

I would love to learn how to merge mods but can't find tutorials about merging. And I have great news about my Virtual Family I have the short blonde hair and I would like to know if he marries miss rainbow or miss blue will he make rare babies?

Edited by Christopher Hall (12/10/14 03:56 AM)

#237633 - 12/17/14 02:18 AM Re: Vf1 mods on Vf2 [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

I still can't find a tutorial about merging mods. I know Krystal had one, but it says it is unavailable. frown

#237695 - 12/23/14 01:53 AM Re: Vf1 mods on Vf2 [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

I have a problem that i've never talked about. Its when you press AltTab to Leave Virtual Families 1 and VV1-5 and it turns green. Any ideas?

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter